No announcement yet.

MX-3_4evr's N/A build part 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, is it ok to use the original main bolts? Or should I order ARP ones?

Comment

You can re-use them if you're staying n/a, there wouldn't be as much pressure.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Nice!

Comment

yeah i had the same question to.. looked em up at work and they are NOT torque to yield. i was pumped as hell when i found that out. = cheaper build. lol

revised w/p pulley is done!! looks mighty nice i might say and should deff hold up w/o any problems.

According to computer.....
          w/p pulley will weigh .462 lbs compared to around 1.5 lbs stock???
          crank pulley - .617 lbs compared to 5 lbs stock?? <-thing is a beast!!! lol
          alt pulley...comes in at a whopping .159 lbs. haha

also talked to a buddy bout the altered pulley sizes....he made a good point in that the smaller crank pulley is an advantage cuz it will take less power to spin the alt pulley and w/p pulley via the ratio difference. thought about it and i agree.

here is the revamped w/p pulley.
          Attached Files
          92 Pro - Daily Beater and project- current frankenstein
          sigpic

Comment

the stock crank pulley weighs alot more then 5lbs i could almost swear on it.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yeah i just threw a number out there. didnt have a scale at my house so couldnt really weigh it. but yeah waht a feckin tank!!!
              sigpic

Comment

if your designing these pulley's.... do design the crank pulley so it can have a bead of urethane or something pumped into the back of it & still maintain some dampening effect- it won't really effect the weight since its made from aluminum anyhow.

I could have these mass produced if im allowed access to the files after complete development & that we know if they fit right or need redesign
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

copied design from Ralco RZ kit antonio got. just making em for myself. but yeah i can look into a groove cut for dampening. how big would it need to be??/ like 1/4 inch wide by 1/8 deep?? filled w/ silicone... that enough???? and does it matter where its cut?
                  sigpic

Comment

Looking good! Maybe blend in the front facia lip? What I'm trying to say is with no lip, curved front. That way, there would be less chance of collapsing under heavy tention.

Comment

hmm....yea are you talkin bout engine side or opposite engine side???
                      sigpic

Comment

the side that you can see if it was installed on the engine lol

Comment

k let me get a closer pic and see if were on the same page...
                          sigpic

Comment

red green or yellow edge????

hope you are talking about the red one. cuz the green circled line is a radius goin up to the red line. i CAN put a radius in place of the red line if that is what you are referring to. have it one smooth flowing contour. but this pulley is almost a direct clone of the alt pulley. almost
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, nevermind. I thought that from the green to the red was flat. lol

Comment

nope got er all figured out...i think. prolly gonna make a prototype on monday on the FDM machine and make sure it will fit onto the w/p. may need to make some adjustments may not. will keep ya updated tho.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X