No announcement yet.

Yes! mx-3_4evr is finally turbo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I checked the clearances on the rings and they are .012-.014. What is the stock gapping supposed to be at? I know that if you are turbo, the gap should be bigger. Discus...

Comment

.006-.012 is the stock gap. I went with .017 top and .018 second ring for my turbo engine build. Standard cylinder bore.
      I got those numbers from http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...hlight=rebuild
      He recommends .006 x bore diameter for top ring and .0063 x bore diameter for second ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
        I would love to have a VJ23 turbo because it's ball bearing and it's capable to put down 300whp. Plus it's a stock water/oil cooled!
        Yeah I made 300whp with a vj-20/vf-10 hybrid came on before 2500rpm. awsome!
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

^ do want to see the dyno graph of that please!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            ^ do want to see the dyno graph of that please!
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48247

page one third post second two pictures. second one with the numbers shows 300whp at 5800rpm and 330tq at 4000rpm on mustang dyno! dam good numbers
            Could not floor on dyno till after 3500 rpm because turbo came on so fast it would spike 25psi it was gross got some dettonation so upped the wot rpm on the dyno, was alway fine on the street due to tire spin. lol
            Last edited by BlackMazdaMx-3; 07-12-2010, 10:54 PM.
            sigpic
            1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
            Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
            Daily driver

Comment

wish you had started the dyno recording earlier...... like 1500rpm on out.

you could tell the build rate then
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Yeah it was just to fast thats when we made it build on dyno so we just started the run there.
                sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

Got the engine all assembled! Now I just have to throw it in and fire it up!

Comment

break it in hard antonio. pressure is what seals the rings.... remember that. load it on hills if you can. you know the normal break in. but give it boost

Comment

Yeap! It won't be running till the 1st week of August. Just waiting for some parts still....

Comment

if you won't post pics or video of the completed build i will come to MN and donkey punch you in your sleep
                        Originally posted by 90prtege
                        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                        Originally posted by Turpro
                        Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                        CRZbrussian: that sux
                        CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                        CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

congrats, now where are the pics! haha
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

^
                            |
                            |
                            |
                            Im with him!

Comment

Almost done! Maybe tomorrow?

Comment

tease!!! i litterally said to myself when i saw a new post............. "about time antonio"

PICS mofo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X