• Show
Clear All

A little jb weld will fix that.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

dont scrap it, JB it!

NW MAZDAS

Comment

oh man wtf how did that happen?

**** buddy i feel bad seems you cant catch a break

we were all so happy you went turbo and now this

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
        2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
        Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Well **** happens. I don't know what to do with the car anymore, it's very frustrating!

Comment

so did the shavings ruin the whole motor or just the piston/cylinder?

im sure someone here could donate you a bp bottom end if you paid the shipping. then you just need a new piston and time to reassemble everything.

i hear ya though it must be very frustrating. I am in the same boat. Ive had an expensive paper weight sitting in my garage for 3 months now waiting for me to get it rolling again.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
            2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
            Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vtec-this View Post
              so did the shavings ruin the whole motor or just the piston/cylinder?

im sure someone here could donate you a bp bottom end if you paid the shipping. then you just need a new piston and time to reassemble everything.

i hear ya though it must be very frustrating. I am in the same boat. Ive had an expensive paper weight sitting in my garage for 3 months now waiting for me to get it rolling again.

The head got all messed up too. By the looks of the cylinder walls, I probably can't use that block again. The B6T rods are in probably good shape? crankshaft too? If I'm going to do this again, it's probably going to be all forged. But being more realistic, I will be picking up a junk yard engine and run that untill I get off from collage.

Comment

Just FE3 it & start with the same power level as the bpt
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Jeez man, that sucks big time. Gotta be conservative on timing until you get to a dyno, can't street tune timing on the butt dyno. Replace the block and hit me up i will send you my base timing map. My buddies 323 ran on this map for YEARS. let me know. Peace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Collage? College.
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                      Collage? College.
                      Bringing **** from the back? Hey everyone, I spelled college wrong in the begining of this thread and now this guy is picking on me for it. Round of applouse to this guy. (I probably spelled that wrong too) But I don't care! Because if I make a mistake, it's ok I just MOVE ON! I'm here to learn/teach about cars and make great friends. What about you Clubprotege?

Comment

You did... just so you know.

Theres a spell check button.

i keed. Whens the JY motor going in?

Comment

^ I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I might go with the FE3N engine...

Comment

ide just BP it again... didnt u have some rockauto pistons in there tho?

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                            1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                              ide just BP it again... didnt u have some rockauto pistons in there tho?
                              No I sold those pistons, they were 10:1. These ones were Top Line POS 9:1.

Comment

ahh fe3 would be cool but for a bp you can get forged **** on Ebay for pretty cheap... fe3 is another story...

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                                1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Working...
                                X