No announcement yet.

Mx-3_4evr's BEST build thread! RWD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be wrong with using the stock setup with the axles removed from the outer cups?
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

steering rack location makes that a bitch, but you could flip the knuckles and run the rack in the front since you'd have to fabricate a custom engine crossmember anyway.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I've considered mounting an AWD rack high up on the firewall for my V12 BF project, but the angles would be silly, might look into reversing the spindles.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Flip the spindles, use a rear-sump pan, and run the tie rods up from the bottom and it should work okay.
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I know there are, but it's just easier to upgrade to bigger brakes and 4 piston calipers from the rx7 frames

Comment

I got the rx-7. I should be getting the title next week

Comment

pics or it never happened!
                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^^ +1

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                  MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

SUBIN...

I am interested to how you end up doing it. I know there was a MX years ago that did it but they literally cut the body off of the MX and a 2nd gen Rx7 and welded the MX body to the RX pan. I would stick to using the RX parts, makes it more authentic Mazda.
                    Josh
                    95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
                    05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
                    Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
                    Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
                    Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

Yeah stupid rx7 with a salvaged title that needs inspection I got some crazy ideas for the mx3!

Comment

**** the rx7 im selling it! Yesterday I stripped the whole interior in the mx3, there is so much room! Lol

Comment

Sold the RX-7! The MX-3 will be with me until I decide what to with it. Meanwhile, I'm saving up for a house with nice garages, yes I said garages lol!

Comment

Yesterday I picked up a complete Miata rear end. Looks promissing

Comment

^^ NA/NB style? I have a NA rear end that I'm in the process of putting in my Festiva. pm me if you are interested in some of the pics I have taken of the process.
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I think they are the same, it's a 94+. pics would be nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X