• Show
Clear All

Great work so far.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, makes me motivated :-D

MEGASQUIRT RUNNING THE SHOW :D

I reflashed the firmware, grabbed a tune off miataturbo forums and boom RPM at last!
      Next dealt with spark issues.
      Then configured for fully sequential fuel injection and was running!

Still need to wire in:
      IAC
      AC
      Fan control
      Launch control

Thinking of picking up Rx8 yellow injectors 425cc, fair enough? I want high impedance for minimum hassle.

Picked up a free flange from my local exhaust shop for a chunky 3" downpipe :D I have 3" flexpipe ready to rock and elbow for the turbo on the way. Though it'll be going into a 2.5" decat... followed by 2.25" exhaust... for now anyway.

Shopping list is getting short, thankfully.
      Last edited by marco; 04-09-2013, 05:13 PM.
      AZ-3 1498cc B5ZET! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
      Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
      View Worklog

Comment

OTT 3" DOWNPIPE TIME

I only had 3" SS pipe left, and it leaves room for upgrading the rest of exhaust later, so there you have it. I didn't have a reducer so just made slices and bend them in to reduce to 2.5" round the back. I have to say what a pleasure it was to make compared to weaving one under a v6 crossmember with the KL turbo. That massive gap in the alu sump makes it so easy

Evo elbow chopped at downpipe flange
        3" ss bend
        3" flex pipe
        3" flange free courtesy of my local exhaust shop!

oh and it's now road legal and my daily driver!

I think I've finally decided the AC is going to go. Northern Ireland is baltic enough and it will make intercooling a LOT easier.
        Last edited by marco; 04-13-2013, 11:37 AM.
        AZ-3 1498cc B5ZET! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
        View Worklog

Comment

the pictures look alot better here VS facebook. (BTW i added you)
          anxious to see some installed pictures now
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Progress has been slow of late. Had the car stolen by scumbags, fortunately it got chased by police and soon recovered with fairly minimal damage - door frame dented from prising open, ignition wrecked, steering column lock broken, plastics destroyed. I've since replaced the ignition and steering column, big thanks to Jason aka jayom for parts Many security features have been added also.

Today I repaired the damage around the door frame, paint ain't great. However looks a lot better than a crowbarred frame! I then waxed the whole car for the first time. Came up pretty decent. Still need to lose those bump strips. I also replaced the door seals on the DS which were also damaged from a break in. Much better

Also installed my lovely protegé steering wheel, classy stuff. Did require butchering a simple clock spring onto it, but easy enough.

View Worklog

Comment

man thats a bummer that some skumbags stole it, but im glad to see you got it back with minimal damage.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Also installed my lovely protegé steering wheel, classy stuff. Did require butchering a simple clock spring onto it, but easy enough.
                can you explain this more???
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Cheers Bogaut. Fe3 - I got a scrap steering wheel, cut out the clock spring, widened out the center and stuck it to the protege wheel. I can take off the wheel if you're stuck and take pics. Its crude but it works!
                  View Worklog

Comment

great thread. working on my third mx-3 here in the states, i love building stuff from the ground up.

Comment

Cleaned up with RX8 yellow injectors:

Rare sunny shot:

So I appear to have a B3S7 flywheel (same as 1.3 festiva?)

Today's work in a few photos!

My view for a fair bit of today:

Hours of work for this lol:

Not helped by A LOT of this:

So that's the horrible oil return job done. Alignment to the turbo drain is brilliant. Next step intercooler piping!

Oh yea and on Friday I also sorted out this disgusting sight:

And made this fit the B5 setup:
                      View Worklog

Comment

Class build man! I've never seen a B5 Turbo'd before, can't wait to see more!!

I've a spare B5 in my shed if you need anything, your only up the motorway from me
                        1989 BP Motor, 9.8:1 OEM Pistons, BP22 Intake Cam, VJ20, GTX Intake Mani, FMIC, Alloy Radiator, HKS SSQV I, K&N oil and air filters, Innovate LC-1, 10W50 Mobil

Comment

Thanks very much! Hoping to be boosted for this weekend Yea me neither! Bit of a learning curve, but easier than boosting the KL v6 so far anyway! And cheaper :D
                          View Worklog

Comment

Not bad for a 1.5 :lol: for whatever reason its only hitting 6psi but that's feeling pretty fun right now :-D

More on this tomorrow!

My budget turbo 1498cc autozam AZ-3. Evo 8 manifoldEvo 8 turbo3" down pipeRx8 injectorsDiypnp megasquirtMR2 jdm actuator 99p!£400 car :D
                            View Worklog

Comment

Wow, 6.35 for the 0-60 is quite a bit better then factory. Well done Marc.

Comment

Good numbers man
                                1989 BP Motor, 9.8:1 OEM Pistons, BP22 Intake Cam, VJ20, GTX Intake Mani, FMIC, Alloy Radiator, HKS SSQV I, K&N oil and air filters, Innovate LC-1, 10W50 Mobil

Comment

Working...
                                X