H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MK1gGT-Rob View Post
    Ok, sorry. I started getting nervous when somebody said this is lightning fast. I am currently trying to find ways to pull money from my arse, and I think I have a couple things going that will help. Not worried about the final pay, 'cause I can cover that with my tax return. Anybody have an idea on the deposit deadline?
    You are not the only one.

I would like to order 2 sets but I will have the money at the end of january. This is 1 thing I always wanted for my GV and now I have a GD with F2T so I want 2

Comment

Tault- you've been updated -mfactory confirmed your deposit
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Hi guys,
        Please put me down for one as well!

Comment

^^ Your on the list iggy
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Got a little bored yesterday, So I decided to see if I could get the speedometer gear off the open diff centre without the right bearing puller, or damaging the diff or plastic gear......

So I cut through the bearing cage with and angle grinder, then I carefully ground the centre of the bearing parallel to the shaft. Once I ground the bearing thin enough it cracked the full length, I tapped it off side to side using a hammer and drift pin

Here are the results

Its a bit hard to see in the photo, but there is a tiny line down the surface where the bearing presses on, which is a bit hard to see, a crack opened up in the bearing when I had ground it thin enough, which was what I wanted to do, but suprisingly the crack in the bearing left a corresponding mark on the diff....I removed the raised part with 400 paper....so its probably re useable (not that I am going to)

The prize!

not that its really worth doing for the cost of a new gear....but it didnt take that long either.....if your handy with an angle grinder, you can save $36!

Comment

$36 for a speedo gear huh.... whats the mazda part number......

Comment

Mazda part number for the Speedo gear is G501-17-341A. Part shared with the G-type tranny.

Comment

I am I right the spareparts for the H-type tranny no longer avaliable from Mazda?
                  Need a few parts for make my tranny ready for the LSD

Comment

Apparently the parts are not available in the US from Mazda, you might be lucky as we are that some stuff is still available....

I did find a place that does a rebuild kit in the US, http://www.drivetrain.com/

These guys stock a rebuild kit containing all bearings seals and synchro rings for $400 USD.

Comment

Already checked in Denmark.. But since we are only 3 with a MX6 gt here... Also checked for Probe.
                      What I primary need is :
                      H501-17-402B Shift fork 1.st & 2nd.
                      But would also like to change the 1nd & 2nd clucth hub :
                      H501-17-281D
                      H501-17-262 x 3
                      H501-17-263 x 2

If anyone knows where I still can purchase these it would be a big help

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaTurbo.dk View Post
                        Already checked in Denmark.. But since we are only 3 with a MX6 gt here... Also checked for Probe.
                        What I primary need is :
                        H501-17-402B Shift fork 1.st & 2nd.
                        But would also like to change the 1nd & 2nd clucth hub :
                        H501-17-281D
                        H501-17-262 x 3
                        H501-17-263 x 2

If anyone knows where I still can purchase these it would be a big help
                        www.onlinemazdaparts.com still shows them, so they might still exist in the US.

--Ferdi
                        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                        -----
                        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by chief tool View Post
                          I did find a place that does a rebuild kit in the US, http://www.drivetrain.com/

These guys stock a rebuild kit containing all bearings seals and synchro rings for $400 USD.
                          I found their master rebuild kit but where are the syncros? i need a 2nd gear syncro.

Comment

From what I can tell they dont sell them separately....I could be wrong, maybe drop them an email.

But there is a school of thought that says if your going to go to the trouble of opening the box, you might aswell replace the lot.

There maybe other places around that do sell them, I only found this place from information given to me by someone else who had their gearbox rebuilt there. Up until then i had only heard stories from people saying that the part were not available.

Comment

Received the H-Series Sample. Thx!

Just need a few more deposits in and we can get the ball rolling
                              MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
                              YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
                              SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
                              SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

Still collecting cash...
                                Rob's machina de destruccion
                                Originally posted by ragnarock01
                                "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

Working...
                                X