Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Chicago BBQ! Sat 8/9/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brunette

Also in terms of the raffle, either we all won't know until we show up, or view the RX-8 forum which I linked too see if there is anymore info on it on their bbq thread.

See you guys on Saturday.

San

Comment

I will be there!
      1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
      Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
      R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

kickin!!! can't wait till saturday!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

got my front brake situation figured out today.. protege rotors and stillen metal matrix pads from corksport. and corksport lines.
          2 marrow im puttin in the thermostat and hopefully getting the o-ring gasket for the fuel tank and fillen it up.
          i may have to hardwire my fan and lights cuz i got to go to work at 5 o clock!!!! lol

any one c the SNL skit 5 o clock?

Comment

Damn I really wish this was next weekend and not this weekend. I'd be down to go
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

added gas today and shes doin better.. still need to replace the tank o ring and wire in the fan.. wire the headlights and ill be able to drive at night.. things are lookin good for bringin it to the meet

is anyone coming that has experiance with megasquirt on a gtx motor? or experiance with MS1 at all?
              Last edited by EGTeric93; 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

MIGHT not be able to make it..... things are still up in the air.

looks like its doable in one gas tank i'll press to make it
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

any one know of a somewhat local shop to me that will weld my intercooler piping? i just got back from CMJ performance in addison and they told me 450bux... i couldnt help but laugh at him. i need like mayb a foot or so pipin off the charge pipe through the mouse hole and then another 6in of piping on the other side and like 6 or 7 welds..

oh and 1 pipe need a slight bend in it.. i was thinkin mayb 200-300 tops.
                  one of my mechanic friends said to go to APG in bensenville cuz he was thinkin about 250 for the IC pipes..

Comment

depends what type of metal the piping is. but usually any exhaust shop can do it for you

Comment

I will see you guys tomorrow around 2.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        depends what type of metal the piping is. but usually any exhaust shop can do it for you
                        its just cheap ebay aluminum... and most of the shops i seemto talk to wont weld the aluminum.. and like i said the one i went to 2day told me a freakin outrageous price.. i guess ill keep looking around.. it will be a few weeks ill go to napa tomarrow and see if i can find a better coupler..

the one thats blowin off is the one after the turbo that connects an L bend to the pipe i had welded to the flange..and its not like the couplers are goin bad its just sliding off the pipe.. mayb a bigger coupler better clamps and some tape if its still needed

Comment

just needs a bead put on the pipe it sounds like

Comment

it was a fun time i dont know whos from this board though i think i missed Chris he parked next to my truck and i wasnt sure what he looked like so we left sorry hope we can meet next time

Comment

oh by the way Eric you won the raffle i got your prize bitch it looks better on my key ring hehe jk i was going to drop it off at your work but i didnt want you to get in trouble

Comment

really lol no way.. didnt expect to win. now i feel bad for not bein there for the drawing.. lol oh well i had to get to work.. ill get it from ya soon

how long after i left did chris get there i really wanted to meet another local

i made it all the way home with out any problems.. till i was coming down my block and decided to see how much boost i could get b4 popping another coupler.. i got up to 7.9psi in 3rd yay for me.. it being colder tonight helped it hold better i think.
                                i charged my computer at work and datalogged the whole way home.. analyzed the table and all the cells it used got richened up cept for one oddball one right in the middle of the table.. ill c 2marrow if it helps me out in accel and decel.

rick you gotta get them pix posted and change ur sig. u got a paint job lol

it was nice meeting everyone idk how many of you all were from this board but i had fun and def. glad i was able to make it..

any other scorts show up????? and i mean u crazypunkerguy

Comment

Working...
                                X