Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Baking Party...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm.... cake. Y does everything have to be on satudays? Ill see if i can get outta wrk, but i doubt i can.
    Eric Johnson
    Intense Performance
    Mazda Club of South Florida
    http://www.ipmcsfl.com
    Former President/Webmaster
    Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
    - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
    - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
    - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
    - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
    Current project: None...

Comment

Originally posted by Kr33peR
      Mmmm.... cake. Y does everything have to be on satudays? Ill see if i can get outta wrk, but i doubt i can.
      so ask to switch to sun-wed

Comment

But that would make the rest of my week really suck. Funny thing is that we had massive avail today n i was talkin about this with other ppl on my team. I wrked the sun-wed schedule for a short while n didnt like it all. So worst comes to worst I just skip out on wrk if i want to.
        Eric Johnson
        Intense Performance
        Member since 11/03

- Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
        - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
        - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount

Comment

Originally posted by P5ALIVE
          I have both of those how-to's but will the one for the headlights apply to your car?
          Yes it does, its just that we would have to take off my front body kit and just paint the one piece of the headlight. I doubt we could do the clear corners. Can you really do the angel eyes?
          My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
            Can I make cake?
            how about PIE lol

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
              Yes it does, its just that we would have to take off my front body kit and just paint the one piece of the headlight. I doubt we could do the clear corners. Can you really do the angel eyes?
              I was trying to picture your ride with the blacked-out headlights and the clear corners and I was wondering if it would look nice. I think it would look alot nicer if something could be done with the corners. Have you thought about smoking-out the lenses? I think that would give your car a more uniform look to it.

As far as the angel eyes goes, that is the easiest mod to do. I figured since we're already splitting open the headlight housings we might as well take advantage and mod those in there as well. We'll have to be creative with the securing of the actual eye in the housing and the running of the wires, but I think we can pull it off. Also, whoever is doing this mod needs to stop by radio shack and pick up a switch for these lights. That's the only thing I can't provide (unless I do a little searching around the warehouse...hmmm). I'll keep you guys posted on the switches.

Jo, as far as the cake goes, your more than welcome as long as it doesn't interfere with OUR baking.
              Arvin
              2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

So when are we gonna officially do this? I am so highly interested its not even funny. i can definitly pick up those switches. My clear corners are different now and if you want we could try and bake those but they are a pain in the ass. (I tried already) I can always buy these one clear corners that are all black already.
                My OLD Car

Comment

The official date is 11/29. I'll be up early (8ish) so come when your ready. I'll PM all interested parties with my address. Just let me know if you need directions.
                  Arvin

Comment

Approximatly how long do you expect all of this to take? ANd I will definitly have to take my front bumper off right? Ima need help with all of this cuz i have never done any of this stuff. I am still a n00b at this.
                    My OLD Car

Comment

Figure this to be an all-day event being as how we have a few cars to do. Bring $$$ for food as we will probably be ordering in (pizza or what not). I don't have food at my house and the only baking I plan on doing is with the headlights. When you get there we will figure out what exactly needs to be done to remove your headlights. Try finding out a little more on your kit and the best way to remove/install it and bring any printouts with you. I've never done this myself so I'm strickly going by what's on the How-To's.
                      Arvin

Comment

Bad news. I wont be able to take off from work this saturday so im not gonna be able to bake with you guys. I was really lookin forward to it, but i need money in order to do things n i need to work to get money. Sooooo.... srys. Hope everything goes good. Make sure you have someone take pics. Latas.
                        Eric Johnson
                        Intense Performance
                        Member since 11/03

Comment

That sucks!!! We'll be sure to take pics.

Rich, can you bring your digi cam?
                          Arvin

Comment

I got a digi cam I can bring. Ill call in sick so i can go.
                            My OLD Car

Comment

It's very simple. Two screws where the grill used to be on top, and the bolts on the side in the fender well. One screw under each corner light. Shouldn't take more than about 2 minutes to do. Thats from proto2k.
                              My OLD Car

Comment

yo after you guys do this can you guys help me out when I move down there. I will be there January 3rd, and really want this done. I have the same headlights as icynelly so let me know how it works out.
                                2000 DX, Blue
                                Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                                2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                                X