Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6885

Comment

T56 is usually pretty bulletproof (especially if you can snag one from an SSR) but it's not like you wouldn't have options- pretty sure there's an adapter bellhousing to put an R154 on an LS, and I know George Marstanovic has a dogbox in his car, I'm sure you could score one from a circle-track guy for not a lot of money. also, wiring should be simple, and you don't have to use an ECU- I'm sure Holley and like everybody else makes an intake manifold adapter to use a carb on an LS.

my guess is if you spent some time searching the Corral and LS1Tech you'd find plenty of information on the swap and what you really need to pay for and what you can do yourself so that it doesn't cost you a ton of money.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

just pulled my oil pan back off again. this car can go suck a f*ck
        sigpic

Comment

that bad? which car?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	1238892

this thing.
            sigpic

Comment

sorry for giant picture, I don't know how to internet
              sigpic

Comment

I almost chose that platform to build upon but I couldn't find one for under $1000.. I ended up buying the mustang for $500.
                What engine are you using atm? I see a lot of people putting v8s in those and love it. I was always curious how they kept wheel hop to a minimum with IRS

Comment

stock KA24DE, adding a T25/370s/Enthalpy ECU at the moment. KA-T is supposed to be like a baby V8, should be good for drifting. I've only driven mine 300 miles, but that green car has like four seasons of drifting on it now and hasn't ever had an issue with wheel hop. I would imagine that going with aftermarket arms that use heim joints and spherical bearings or whatever makes a big difference.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can speak for the results of suspension and I must say, it changes, everything. The rear in my car was out of control before I made the recent additions. Now, it leaps forward when I let the clutch out with zero hop or shutter. I need a tubular crossmember and kmember next to compliment the rear suspension. I'll likely use my tax return next spring for the rest of the suspension.

Comment

yeah, the green car, mine, and another friend's are all running the same basic suspension (minus traction rods and knuckles on two of them)- the plan is to get all three aligned to the same specs, should make it easier for the two of us who haven't drifted to learn and to get all the cars to be consistent. I'll be adding knuckles over the winter I think and after that it'll be all seat time.
                      sigpic

Comment

That green car looks like my buddy Daves red 240. He started some drift faction thing locally. He's got a ton of videos and **** all over the Web.

Comment

Dave O'Leary? Small ****in' world. Dave's a rad dude, you know Kyle too?
                          sigpic

Comment

Not sure if I know Kyle. I dont hang with the drifters. I met Dave while riding motorcycles with mutual friends. Hes got a badass little bobber. Been riding/drinkin buddies with Dave for a few years now. lol

Comment

you should probably hang out with the drift kids. just sayin'.
                              sigpic

Comment

went to Club Loose North at NHMS today. green car from previous page back on stock boost, stock T25, trying to sort out some issues. did some tandem runs with another S13- RB26, big single, making at least double the power and was having trouble keeping up, which was pretty funny. for being on 7 psi on a baby turbo that car rips.

and then we, um... hit a tree. so that was fun. broke an exhaust hanger, blew the rear bumper off, cracked the over fender, caved in the quarter panel behind the wheel, bent the **** out of the LCA, dented the lower clevis bit of the coil and ripped the LCA mount reinforcement on the subframe. aero is all pretty scuffed too, and we're not sure how much other damage there is that we didn't see. once we got a tow out of the trees it drove back to the pit on its own, so it coulda been way worse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X