Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess I won't be getting my BP after all. (I'll charge first from now on.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craighill33: im not taking down **** so stfu
    Protege Chris: Well i'll be looking out for your payment in my paypal.
    craighill33: lol go ahead
    craighill33: it wont never come I dont own you any money
    Protege Chris: explain that
    Protege Chris: Why do you not owe me for the work?
    craighill33: cause you took now namesville.com which costs me about 500 dollars to build

craighill33: im not paying you a dime till namesville.com is back up
    Protege Chris: Craig, as I said man, I have the backups sitting in a folder, was going to put them back up soon as I'm paid.
    craighill33: I would of paid you, but you had to go and do a thing like that
    craighill33: I have a full backup too
    Protege Chris: You had almost 2 months
    craighill33: all I have to do it
    craighill33: is go to scriptlance and pay someone 10 bucks to put it back online
    Protege Chris: If you do, you'd have to pay me. And then you wouldn't have an excuse.
    craighill33: yep

craighill33: so im giving you one last change to put namesville.com back online
    craighill33: and get paid
    Protege Chris: Only if we go through escrow.
    craighill33: if you dont I will just go to scriptlance
    craighill33: and get someone to do it
    craighill33: no thanks
    craighill33: thats fine
    craighill33: I will just pay someon 10 bucks to put it back up
    craighill33: lol
    Protege Chris: my mother is sitting here right now haha, she can't wait to talk to you
    craighill33: ok
    Protege Chris: okay so in court I'll sue for 290, since you just said that only cost you 10 bucks
    craighill33: im not scared of your mom
    craighill33: lol where is the contract?
    Protege Chris: it's all written, as I said I log conversations with aim
    craighill33: lol
    craighill33: doesnt mean anything unless it is not signed
    craighill33: dont you ever watch court tv?
    Protege Chris: court tv? I've given the printed copies to our attorney
    craighill33: and besides that just because you take me to court and win doesnt mean I have to pay
    Protege Chris: your word is your contract
    craighill33: not true
    Protege Chris: you don't know, You are a moron craig.
    craighill33: Dude my dad is a big time lawyer
    Protege Chris: I'm done playing with you, if you don't pay, we're done here.
    craighill33: moron huh?
    Protege Chris: hah, what are you 12?
    craighill33: ok then fine
    craighill33: im 21
    craighill33: bye
    Protege Chris: you aren't the first person my mother and I have filed civil suit against, we have all the information we need, and I have every conversation we've every had logged. From the day I started doing work for you, to the agreement, and everything you've said that's derrogatory towards me.
    craighill33: you just called me a moron
    craighill33: lol got to sue me for 290
    craighill33: so you can fix up your ****ty car
    Protege Chris: You don't have 290 dollars.
    craighill33: you white track piece of crap
    Protege Chris: You are a poser craig.
    craighill33: thanks

Protege Chris: you are a scammer and I will stop you from scamming others.
    craighill33: you dont have 9 dollars
    craighill33: ok sure you will
    Protege Chris: I'm putting you on ignore until further notice if you have anything important to say, email me at ******@indiebandradio.com . Goodbye.
    craighill33: im not a scammer
    After I ignored him he had to IM me on my other name. obviously he is scared now, I highly doubt he is 21 and I also doubt he has 300 dollars at all.

craighill33: lol you are the one that always ims me
    craighill33: lol dumbass
    IndieBandRadio: trying to get my money
    craighill33: bye WHITE TRASH

IndieBandRadio: the money I'm owed.
    IndieBandRadio: you aren't 21
    craighill33: will be june 2nd
    IndieBandRadio: As I said you're going on ignore, email *removed by me* if you have anything you'd like to direct to the attorney.

He's scared

I would have put the site back up if he had agreed to use escrow, but since he didn't, obviously he was just trying to get it up again. I highly doubt he has a backup either because he wouldn't let me in if he could get someone to do it for 10 bucks.

Further, he said he'd have to pay 500 to get it recoded, and after that he said he'll just pay 10 to have the backup (which he mysteriously left out before) restored, and then he offered to let me do it.

Bah.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

I have a few frends in the FCC and us attourney's office that deal w/ this kind of fraud. Would you like me to put in a call to them? I can't garentee results but It would put this guy on the map.

ps sorry aboute the poor spelling. I've been knocking back a few brewskis
      www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

Comment

That'd be awesome slayer

He's probably some stupid teenager or something, it'd be cool to know. If he isn't he has a lot of growing up to do.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

I'll try to contact them tonight after I sober up a bit. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
          www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

Comment

Btw the his adress is corect? Also is craighill33 his AOL screen name? I run a remote Transfer server for AOL in my free time. I can get in contact with my administrator and posibly get his IP address bannd.
            www.gopostal.com

Comment

send me an Indiebandradio.com bumper sticker and next time I am out that way I will go put it on his car to let him know hes being watched.

then I'll post a pic of his car here for you to see
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I made a few calls. The fcc guy is swamped woith Ebay dealings. However the guy with the us attourney's office Is also swamped but he said he can transfer it to his supervisor. He can't garentee anything but he said that this guy will be watched in his dealings. They said that if they turn up anything that this asshole could be brought up on federal charges. I hope this all works out for you.
                www.gopostal.com

Comment

meh.... guess you didn't post on the *other* board... would be nice to have a few guys from the waco area go kick his door down for some money anyway
                  TheMAN
                  '01 BJFP MT
                  '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
                  No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
                  It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
                  -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
                  -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
                  -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
                  No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

I just typed a long ass post but closed by accident... lord here we go again.

In February 2004 I decided to start an online radio station to promote unsigned and independently signed artists. By march 12th I had come up with the name "Unsigned Online". Unsignedonline.com was currently parked by an internet squatter type page and for sale, so I bought unsigned-online.com and put a site up.

During my experiences broadcasting I was a frequent poster at forums.winamp.com, and one day I started talking with a guy named Jason of hiddenplanetradio.com, another guy running an unsigned station. He's about 33 or 34, can't quite remember. We were friends for a while, but he always joked about my listener counts being so much higher than his, so I knew there was always a hidden animosity towards me and my station. Eventually my station, then Unsigned Online, had grown at a rate I could not keep up with, because, I was 14 at the time. So I went seeking sponsors, I had found one, but after a few weeks they simply disappeared and my station was down for a few days, while I tried to find another one. That's when I found Stargatehost.com, hiddenplanetradio.com's sponsor as well.

I sent them my proposal, and was invited to a voice chat, where jason and Mark Dufresne (the owner of stargate network and host etc) were attending, along with a few others. Essentially, in return for them taking care of my streaming costs, I would have to run their ads on my site, in my stream, and become part of their network (Look at this, www.wsgx.net, how unprofessional). There was something about them that I just didn't like, and I committed to my listeners I would not add ads into their streams, it ruins the listening experience.

After declining, they offered me cash for my domain. 1500 dollars for unsigned-online.com. At this moment I realized something was about to happen that would trouble me, why would they want my name? For 1500 I would change domains and the name of my station. This was a critical growing point for my station then, a name change could ruin me. I declined, and could tell they were disappointed.

A few days, or weeks later. UnsignedOnline.com was purchased and registered to, *drumroll* Stargate Network.

In August of 2004, at this point I had been an established business for almost 5 months with the name, they put a website up at unsignedonline.com. They couldn't obtain Unsigned Online, so they cloned it. Started a radio station with the same name and swore up and down they were the original. Because when they got the domain it showed the original registration date of 2 weeks before I got my name, even though it was a squatter page at that time.

Then they claimed they had trademarked the name Unsigned Online. I did a trademark search, none. I called around the federal offices (and my mom helped me out) , they had not filed a trademark. And if they had I would have filed an opposition to trademark.

Month after month passed, and here are some of the emails I received from mark, the owner of stargate.

Hey Chris, you want to post on your page, post all you want, it only makes you look that much more stupid, petty and whiny, but don't go posting in public venues like the shoutcast forums claiming to be the original UO , we can very easily make you totally stupid, simply by pulling the DNS and WHOIS records to show people the actual facts on paper and digital record. Keep it clean Chris, remember I spent a lot of money on trade marking a couple of months ago and the paperwork and payments have been finalized all we are waiting for is our official documentation. Now if you want to start getting all nasty here instead of growing up a bit, I can always just have you shut down entirely.. Let's see if we can avoid that for your sake huh ? If you think I'm bluffing, then go tell your mom to pull a trademark search on us and find out for yourself what kind of poor spot that puts you in. If push comes to shove Chris, and you keep pushing me like you are, I will shut you down, make no mistake... I already told you, the easiest thing for you to do is to focus on your own stuff and forget about us. You will only benefit from our popularity as your site eventually gets roll over from people hitting the wrong address. Think about it.. You don't have 40 thousand listener capacity, presently, we do, between both our commercial side and unsigned side. What makes you think we are even trying to compete with you ? There is no contest Chris. Now suck it up and enjoy your own new found popularity that will arise as a result of www.unsigedonline.com . If not, then fine game on !! You haven't even seen any where close to my nasty side, and nor do you want to. Ordinarily I'm a real mellow guy, but yer starting to get under my skin. I mean, was it not enough that I offered you everything on a silver platter months back but you had to act like a spoiled baby and tell me you'd rather see your site dead and burned into the ground ? Do you deny that statement ? Just think Chris, had you accepted my offer then, you would now look like you own over 16 stations and you'd a been in charge of almost everything, and all I asked in return from you was a legal agreement to run our ads ? Seems to me like maybe yer just plain aggravated and feeling sorry for yourself for having been so damn stupid a few months back. Either way you definitely have the mentality and demeanor of a spoiled little 2 year old. You know, the kind that has to constantly complain and whine about something just to justify their own existence ? I offered you everything, I offered to pick up all you web expenses your shout cast expenses and increase your resources !! But no you clearly and manically stated that you'd rather see it dead and screw the bands in the process I guess ? Where the hell are you even coming from on all this Chris ? Now chill out before I make you chill out, will ya ? Fact remains no matter how you slice it. We are the Original UO You are the original UOR, maybe. Try and get it straight please, before I allocate another huge chunk of money to our legal department.

Regards
                    Mark D.

P.S. Again, we are not here to claim to be you or steal your fan base or site traffic, you'll do enough driving them all away on your own with your general attitude and total lack of respect for the actual listeners and bands themselves, while you continue your blind little power trip and popularity contest. Just what I've seen and heard of you in 3 months, tells me flat out that you were probably an only child growing up, who was probably raised dysfunctional by a parent that had a tone of their own baggage and problems and as a result, you both ended up co-dependant and you turned into a real head case that's so insecure with himself, he needs everyone around him to boost his ego by telling him how great wonderful he is just achieve some type inner peace or consolation... Someone like you should not even be on the internet son. Take a good look at yourself... You need to make some serious changes in the next few years Chris, if you ever plan to be successful and god forbid raise a kid of your own _ For the record, I left home at 15 with no ones help and I never looked back. I'm a self made man Chris, and no one handed me a thing, and the reason I had to leave home at 15 was because my mother was Psycho and I was gonna end up the exact same way........ Look at me now, I own multiple companies don't even have a college degree, yet I live in a 300 thousand dollar home in Florida and drive a couple a nice new vehicles every other year.. Think about it...... I may be wrong, but I strongly believe that you simply became a product of your environment.
                    Turns out I was wrong about one thing.... It was just pointed out to me that you do in fact have a brother, so you are not an only child Don't know if you grew up together or not, and I still think I'm dead on the money about the rest of it.. I've also just been given several public forum links where you are flat out lying about being the original UO. I'll give you till the end of today to pull those threads before I send Jason in on the back side of your post to display the actual real information and truth. Yer gonna look pretty stupid I must say, when people see the Domain name records, and no matter what you think or believe Chris, we had this idea more than a year ago....
                    Again one last time since you can't seem to read it right every time I print it. We are not claiming to be you, we never have, we clearly stated it on our web page, we've never made any attempt to claim otherwise on anyone else's web page, in fact the only reason some people even know we exist now prior to our advertising campaign that launches Wednesday, is totally because of yourself posting all over the web. We are not UOR nor do we want to be and we are doing way more different things than you are. We conceived of our idea long before your domain name that was registered almost 4 months after ours, we are not competing with you, we were not replacing you, but now this is my last email for real, and as result of your relentless badgering you'll be hearing from our legal department over the next few weeks. We will be formally requesting that you cease and desist all use of unsigned-online.com since it appears this is the only way you'll stop harassing us. Thanks for not knowing when to just quit already Chris, you think I enjoy arguing over the web with a 15 year kid and then having to put him out of business all together ? This is freaking ridiculous !! Go do your homework. It's sick seeing you and your own mother both online together in this twisted stupid soap opera that you've created, and edging each other on. I can't even believe what I'm seeing. You 2 need a 12 step program and a break from the web, it's just not healthy, and you should really be in school. You won't reason, we offered you 2000 dollars at one time for you to move on with the way you were acting, and again, the "I'd rather see my site dead and buried or burnt into the ground" routine, or what ever it was you said exactly. Now you want to sell again ???? What the heck ? Yer really irritating me now and I want nothing to do with you. If you want to buy the rights for unsignedonline.com right now, it's going to cost 35 thousand plus. You have no rights to unsigned-online.com nor trademarks or legitimate copyrights other than the domain name itself and it may pain you to look up the .net and .org versions now as well. Thanks for pushing and thanks for costing me a bunch more monies this week that I hadn't planned on having to come out of pocket for, since I thought you'd actually realize sooner or later that you actually benefit more from this situation, than it hurting you, as I pointed out in the last email. Chris I'm done now and so are you.... No more contact. If you need to speak with us or require any further information, please do so, by communicating with our legal department at the following address and information:

Stanley Miller P.A.
                    727-733-8825
                    Suite #201 748 East Broadway Street
                    Dunedin, Florida

Any future contact with me personally or any of our employees and staff members including Jason Moore, whether directly, indirectly, live in person or via email, or regular US post, will be construed and documented as additional harassment and threat and will be handled accordingly. You now have our legal departments direct contact numbers, and we expect you to communicate with them directly, and we suggest that you obtain your own legal council ASAP.

As our last and final gesture of good faith Chris, I have authorized the attorney's to include with the cease and desist order, an offer to you of $1000.00 USD for the conditional sale of unsigned-online.com in order to help you and facilitate the changes that you will have to make one way or another. This will be our last and final offer to you in any way shape or form Chris. Personally if were up to me, I wouldn't offer you more than 100.00 USD after reviewing what it's actually worth, but again I am trying to be nice about it and make things easy for you, just like I have since day one. You are the one who's been nothing but antagonistic and impossible to deal with. Should you choose not to accept our offer or you continue functioning as is, under the domain name unsigned-online.com, we will file suit immediately..

Please stop harassing us. You will receive your legal documents within the next few weeks. All future communications must be done through our legal department. Do not respond to this email.

Regards,
                    Mark D
                    At this point it was December 2004. I turned 15 on december 22nd, later that month.

I was tired of being harassed. When I woke up all I could think about was "did he email me, did he call me, what's going to happen today with stargate", I was distracted from schoolwork and considered just ending the whole station right there. I was having anxiety attacks from all the crap he did.

So I finally decided, I'll take his offer, change station names. I'll either sink or float.

I started receiving letters from his attorney and my mother represented me to him.

After we performed the name change, I never received another email or letter from the attorney. SO I emailed mark several times asking how he wanted to transfer the domain name. Eventually after an aggravated email from me he sent one back claiming that I didn't do my end of the deal.

These letters are not very professional, and none were sent cerified, all mine were to his attorney.

After he said I didn't do my part, which I did (in several days instead of the month he gave me, because they sent it to my OLD address for some reason, and spelled it wrong too!).

I did not change names until I wasgiven a cease and desist. The C&D stated the name was trademarked and I was to stop using any form of the name immediately. I later found out there was no trademark, and there still isn't one. It was a cease and desist sent on false information, which is illegal.

After I figured out I was not going to get paid from him, and after several more months of waiting, I took pictures of the letters sent (Which were not sent certifed, or marked private or confidential), I posted them on Unsigned-Online.com, the domain they wanted to purchase, the one I used to use.

You can see the letters there.

On April 11th I received this email from Mark dufresne:

Looks like yer off the meds again Chris !! Do yourself a favor and let your attorneys do the talking for you. Once again you have proven your idiocy full blown. You and your mother never complied with my original arrangements, in fact you tried to extort me for 5000 dollars, which I didn't take very kindly at all. You did not comply in the proper time frame nor did you cooperate in any way shape or form until it was far too late and after additionally insulting and threatening emails while that offer was on the table. To little way to late my friends, now deal with it !! You only responded after you realized I would not stand to be extorted and after realizing that I was well within my rights. I flat out told My attorney to not respond to at all as a result, you can thank your devious conniving mother for that.

Leave Jason alone and worry about training yourself not to be such an idiot. You want a fight ? Fine bring it. Direct all your useless derogatory crap to my attorney please. You and your mom need a 12 step program as well as a pathological liars support group. The both of you are disturbingly ill in the head, this has only become more and more apparent as time has gone on. Our Unsigned project BTW has been on hold for the past 3 months and will remain so until next month. We actually had to do this while negotiation with a record label was taking place. Those negotiations are now finalizing and UO is about to be taken over by an overseas record label out of the UK next month, so you can direct all your future pissing and moaning to them . In the mean time we're busy supplying other stations with a rock solid foundation our own little thing, you ought to try it yourself and not worry so much about what everyone else is doing. You obviously have far to much time on your hands.

Best Regards,
                    Mark D
                    P.S. Our attorney will be reviewing your web page today since you've publicly posted a private legal letter, to determine if in fact there has been any legal violations as a result. Can I get your attorneys info so that we can direct any further problems to them ? I have a feeling you'll be hearing from ours long before we ever hear from yours .....
                    Keep in mind after this email in early April, I have not heard from him nor his attorney again, and his website has not been updated, nor the one for hiddenplanetradio.com either.

Nothing they did was the proper way to treat someone half their age, I may be only 15 now, but after the name change, traffic thrived. I am now proud to say I own the number ONE unsigned internet station in the world, I receive over 100 thousand unique hits per month, and I am in the top 300 stations of any genre in the world.

Their stations? None are even in the top four thousand.

Oh, and about craig hill. That should be his address, and the screenname is craighill33.

I posted on clubpro about craig but only received one response, letting me know my language was inappropriate

I felt the need to post about my station dilemna because throughout this, I have not had any real "connections" to get anyone on my side besides my station supporters and my mother. Can't thank you enough slayer for anything you can do and all of you for staying on my side

Edit: I also forgot to add, throughout this time my mother tols Mark several times not to email me, email her. He continued sending all the threats and legal stuff to me, addressed to me in the mail, and just disregarded what she told him.
                    Last edited by txkprotege; 05-16-2005, 02:22 AM.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

This idiot is breaking laws left and right. Let's see Extortion, slander, Black mail the list goes on. What he is doing to you vilates several FCC violations as well as federal law. I work for the federal govenment and have connections if you would like I can make life VERY dificult for he and his attourney. Asumming he accually has an attourney. Any good attourny would know that what he is doing is extreemly illegal.
                      www.gopostal.com

Comment

Originally posted by slayer4u
                        This idiot is breaking laws left and right. Let's see Extortion, slander, Black mail the list goes on. What he is doing to you vilates several FCC violations as well as federal law. I work for the federal govenment and have connections if you would like I can make life VERY dificult for he and his attourney. Asumming he accually has an attourney. Any good attourny would know that what he is doing is extreemly illegal.

Edit: give me his email and I will see how he likes to be lagitamently threatned.
                        www.gopostal.com

Comment

Thanks man, it feels great to have someone with connections on my side for one

support@stargatehost.com is his email address. Knowing him he'll throw all sorts of threats at you though

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                          91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                          96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                          98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Once I pass this off to the FCC he will be so deep in **** that he'll ned a snorkle. My friends at the FCC do not make threats. There are those who cooperate and thos who don't. And believe me they have VERY long memories.
                            www.gopostal.com

Comment

Email sent. I have directed him to send any threats he may have to ME. I will not be intimidated. I run directly into the ppath of a 20' wall of fire moving at 25mph fo a living. I know the meaning of the word threatening.
                              www.gopostal.com

Comment

He likes threatening my mother since she's a single parent, she was a prison guard a year or two ago, trained with all sorts of weapons, I wish he'd try something

The Jason guy who runs the indie station lives about 200 miles from you in yakima

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                                91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                                96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                                98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X