Monday starts the weight lose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A. im lazy
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
      Dude, sorry..... Didn't even think of it that way. Just trying to offer help. Guess I should start a dif thread?

Good to hear that you're making progress. I'd like to hear a summary of what you are doing.

Larry

P.S. BTW, I read earlier that you said you were dieting. I recommend NOT doing that, but focusing more on longer term eating changes. "Dieting" is a concept for a quick way to become more healthy or fit. If dieting meant eating more properly, then yes, do that, but don't call it a diet. After all, that's probably closer to how people SHOULD be eating. If it's one of the fad/trendy diets (of which there are too many to count) then, NO, don't do that. What needs to be realized here is that if a diet is in keeping with eating healthier, then we should all realize that eating smart... eating properly... WORKS!!!

Oh it's no sweat for you posting on here. Accually I'd appreciate any advice given lol. I wont say anything about how or what I'm eating/doing till I get the results I'm looking for lol. It's just whenever I say what I'm doing something happens and I never get it done.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

^^^I know what you mean.... i got a free 1 year membership to Bally's wherever I mail them back the contract they sent me...lol
        Seriously I think I'm starting my diet Monday, i feel myself getting lazier by the day.
        "There's Always 2 Sides to Everyone's Story".........
        That's Why I Only Tell My Side

sigpic

Comment

Monday march 31st I started a new plan. No details yet to give out as its a work in progress. I was 265 then. 2 days ago I stepped on the scale and its sitting at 250.2 so far so good.
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow! You dropped almost 15 pounds in two days? That's amazing and actually almost alarming. Be careful. It's too much, too fast. I don't mean to trivialize your success, but I'm going to tell you some facts that you NEED to be aware of. First, it's good that you are working on improving your level of health and/or fitness. Please use the scale as only one MINOR method of checking for change. It is scientifically not the best measuring device of improvement however. It does it's job very well. It tells us how much we weigh according to gravity, nothing else. It doesn't tell me how much fat I have or how much muscle I have. It doesn't tell me if the five pounds I lost this week is fat or water weight.

Do the math.... one pound of human fat = about 3500 Calories of energy. If the 15 pound you dropped in two days were truly "fat-loss" then that would mean you had a swing of (3500 x 15 = 52,500 Cals plus the average 2000 - 3000 Cals an adult uses up in 24 hours making for a grand total of around 58,000 Calories. Please don't think that anyone can use up 58,000 Cals in two days...... even if you could use up this kind of energy this quickly, the body's defense would cause you to get the energy from all over, not just fat storage. A deficit (between intake and expenditure) of greater than about 1000 Cals per day is enough to cause the body start start eating up more than just fat. 1000 x 7 days = 7000 Cals per week which is about 2 lbs. of fat per week which is the safest plan.

Therefore, unfortunately, most of your weight-loss is most likely water, just my educated guess. This is the most common cause of fast, initial weight-loss. Not that that's bad. It just happens. Be fine with that, but also see it for what it really is (which many do not).

I highly recommend attempting to monitor your percentage body fat which is still the best measure of health and fitness and truly important change in a person's body. The average American adult male should be around 12 - 15% BF in order to significantly reduce that chances of cardio problems (and diabetes and so on). Unfortunately, the average American adult male is about 20 - 25% BF and that's just the average.

Keep in mind that using weight to monitor "improvement" can be deceptive. A person can gain weight and become more fit (lose two pounds of fat and gain four pounds of muscle). The scale won't tell you this.

I've seen people lose weight and get fatter (lose weight but it was muscle and therefore there %BF went higher).

Please make sure you are not starving yourself to lose weight and that you are carefully increasing your activity level to use up extra energy. More later. In the meantime, I'm happy that you are doing something about your health! Just be careful!

Larry

Oooooh... MY BAD. I misinterpreted your post. It wasn't two days... It was "2 days ago...." LOL

Anyway, you get what I meant, right? Do the math and keep up the good work!
            Last edited by LN323; 04-17-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Hahaha. I think you misread what I said. I started the new plan on the 31st. I weighed myself again since then 2 days ago and had lost that weight . I think there's not enough crack or coke to go on a bing to lose that much in 2 days lol. I don't realy just on the scale but more on what the mirror looks like. I would like to get those fat calipers. I see the improvement and so does the wifey. Fat is going sown and at the same time muscle is building so that scale is going to not reflect the accual results.
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                Hahaha. I think you misread what I said. I started the new plan on the 31st. I weighed myself again since then 2 days ago and had lost that weight . I think there's not enough crack or coke to go on a bing to lose that much in 2 days lol. I don't realy just on the scale but more on what the mirror looks like. I would like to get those fat calipers. I see the improvement and so does the wifey. Fat is going sown and at the same time muscle is building so that scale is going to not reflect the accual results.
                LOL, Yeah, I noticed that... check the last sentence of that post. But, you know what I meant. Anyway, carry on....

BTW, good for you that you rely more on the mirror than the scale. Also, give credit to how you're "feeling" in terms of things like sleeping better, more energy through the day, easier to accomplish activities and so on.

Comment

congrats chris, im glad your new plan is working out for you
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

glad to see things are working for you guys. if you want some excercise, come play football with me at the meet
                    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                    -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
                    -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

come on chub's get to the gym lol lay off that beer and your reserves will go away!!! but sad thing is im not one to talk lol the scale runs from me when it sees me comin
                      Check out the Pics
                      sigpic
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
                      Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
                        come on chub's get to the gym lol lay off that beer and your reserves will go away!!! but sad thing is im not one to talk lol the scale runs from me when it sees me comin
                        Damnit I can't lol.

Koss you're on. I'm down for football. I just hope I'm preped for it by then. The workout schedule will help that.
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          Damnit I can't lol.

Koss you're on. I'm down for football. I just hope I'm preped for it by then. The workout schedule will help that.
                          awesome. we should def have a football game at the meet. since david is so old and rickety, he could be the ref. oh yeah, i played yesterday and there was a guy with a stopwatch clocking his son who ran track. i had him time me. i ran a 4.5 40
                          "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                          -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
                          -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
                          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Son of a mutha ****in bitch!!!!!!!! This sux. I broke my toe about a month ago and it was finnally almost 100%. I've been hitting the gym and jogging on the treadmill to drop the weight while I lift every other day to bulk up. Well when I first started the treadmill I could only run for maybe a minute or 2 then I'd be out of breath. Now I've been busting ass and working it up and got too a 2 min walk followed by 16 min jog then 2 min walk to cool down. Well now I have to put that to a stop again because my dumbass stubbed my toe on the chest that's in our room. I think I heard it snap crack pop again but this morning its not black and blue and I can still bend it somewhat. It hurts like a mofo though. So now I have to fkn wait till it heals again.

Cut me a fkn break. I dropped damn near 20lbs in a month and am starting to feel great(not too mention the wifey noticing more stamina ). I just want to be better by next fall when my son starts playing football cause my old ass needs to keep up with him lol.
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

****ty sorry to hear chris. you should use a staionary bike in the meanwhile

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                                ****ty sorry to hear chris. you should use a staionary bike in the meanwhile
                                **** happens. I will be right back at it as soon as I can . I'm too determined to give in because of a stupid toe.
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X