What I've been working on for the past 3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpt323
    does the stage 3 require a special throw out bearing?
    Spec provides one with there clutch, but it doesn't lookto be anything special or different then a stock one. The setup could make more power but the block can't take more then 600 crank HP before splitting. So im limited right now for power due to the block.
    hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

thats retarded. im dissapointed, the BP block can support 600 & some v8 can't?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ever since I was kid and saw a couple of 5.0 highway patrol cars chasing a Ferrari I've wanted one of those. Yours could probably even catch it.
        Back in BG business.

Comment

Update

Got some more work done on the stang. Finished up the exhaust. Fully stainless all tig welded. 3inch to Y to dual 2.5 back to stock tailpipes. Finally got my upper intake had to save a lot of pennies for that chunk of aluminum ..Just have to finish intercooler piping and wire her up and make some boost!! heres some pics!
          Attached Files

Comment

holy **** i forgot about this.

+1 for doing it right. that thing is gonna be a ****ing beast.

Comment

Nice!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

wow that thing is nice

Comment

looks like the same mustang (simlar) TB thats on my boosted BP setup.
                  92 Mazda MX-3 (2120lbs) (12.4@118@18psi)1.8 DOHC ,Eletromotive TEC II Standalone System, Turbo Ric Project Turbo Kit, Custom intake manifold 80MM Mustang TB, PT67 P-TRIM TURBO, Custom turbo manifold, 3 in. down pipe, Innovate wideband, 1000cc RC Injecters,walbro 255, custom fuel rail, Areomotive FPR, MSD wires, NGK V-Power R5671A-8 plugs, 31 1/2" L x 10 5/8" H x 3 1/2" D Percision Turbo 750HP FMIC , 2.5in intercooler piping, Tial wastegate/BOV, Unrothdox UDP, KIA G-series trans, ACT 6 puck extreme clutch,(Need a twin disc) 30psi guage&10,000RPM tach (autometer)(EQUUS guages), NO I DON'T HAVE A BPT I HAVE A REUGLAR BP-DE. (updated)

Otherwise known as LIMEGREEN MX-3
                  12 sec MX-3TURBO RIC PROJECT MX-3
                  http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=59746
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dn-fw9S7s
                  http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56488

Comment

very nice work .... the car is a beast and wow, you have carpet in your garage!

Comment

where does the exhaust go to on the other side of the motor? The non turbo side? Does it rap around the front to the downpipe?
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

Holy crap, that is clean.
                        GOOD JOB!!
                        Your work is always amazing.

that underbody is like whoa.
                        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

damn, thats so clean. Whole car looks great, bet its gonna sound amazing.
                          sigpic
                          1990 EGT Turbo RIP
                          1995 EGT GTX RIP
                          1991 323 GTX swapped
                          2003.5 MSP

Comment

what kind of hp numbers do you think that will put out? it's just so sexy i'm poppin my own rod. lol.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks guys!....The non turbo side header cross's over in front of the engine to the other header. They merge together onto the turbo flange. As far as HP I'm looking at 500RWHP. Car should be capable of more but these blocks are weak. 500 is all i need to **** my pants! I'll keep more pics comming as I do more work.

Comment

More progress

Got a few more things done today. Finished running the SS brake hard lines for the line lock. Ran the lines for for the home made oil catch can. Mocked up my cold side. Bead rolled intercooler pipes. Installed alum lower control arms. Did some other crap too but didn't take any pics. Tired and lazy. Anyways heres some pics.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X