My Protege, lowered! updated 1-25-2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daze View Post
    well im not his ****ing gf i wouldnt know all that **** but i understand my stepdad is the same he dont want to lower his corrola cause of a bunhc of reasons i dont even hear him off lol
    i'm not, but i know what kind of person he is.

i agree with spen. i like my car a little lower. i like to fill the gap. not a fan of wheel gap here. drives me nuts.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
      i like my car a little lower. i like to fill the gap. not a fan of wheel gap here. drives me nuts.
      i agree
      Check out my vBPicGallery homies!

Comment

i want to paint these wheels black...but i got no $$ for that at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
          powdercoat. there is a place here, that will do it for $25 a wheel. you can use any of the hundreds of colors you want. and if you want a custom color, you add like $10 on top of that. that would be the best to do instead of painting.
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

lower it more!!!
            No thanks. I think it's the perfect ballance between handling, ride quality, and loweredness. Any lower and I'd need coilovers and don't want to mess with that. Not necessary on my Protege.

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
            ps....whose probe? - i thought your brother had an older mx6?
            That's my dad's '93 Probe GT. ~220,000 miles on the original clutch even. Bought it for $1K from a nieghbor back in '01 and it didn't run...needed a couple of new parts(can't remember what exactly) but we had it running strong a few hours after towing it up the street. Great car all around - it makes me want to own a Probe.

My brother does still have his '88 MX-6 GT Turbo. Rumor has it he's going to buy another and transfer all of the parts as his car is rusting out slowly but surely. He moved out back in the summer, that's why his cars are no longer at my house.

thats a nice ass rx 7 i just noticed it!!
            That's my dad's '86 RX-7 base. $275 back in '96. The car was autocrossed and the engine blew, that's why it was cheap. My dad ordered a rebuild from Mazda, and got lucky. During a 2 week period Mazda somehow ran out of rebuilt 13Bs, so he got 1 of 20 brand new 13Bs in the country. Needless to say the car runs great and is a blast to drive. Sadly, my dad doesn't take care of the outside of his cars like he use to, so it has some surface rust and faded paint. But it drives amazing so I guess that's all that matters to him.

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
            you kidding?!?! the only reason it's lowered at all is cuz he got good deal on the springs and struts. this is a person who doesn't want a car lowered or sees any reason for it to be lowered. doesn't make sense to me, just telling ya.
            Now now, I see a reason for lowering a car. My Protege is supposed to be my daily driver, and I have to drive it in the snow and on rough roads constantly. I hesitated on lowering it because I didn't think I could lower it and still have a nice riding car. Once I learned about the S/R Eibach combo I wanted to get it, but the price for new parts put it on the back burner. So I waited, and as usual it paid off for me and I found a set with 3,000 miles for $278 shipped. What can I say?

Looks good. I like my cars a little more lowered tho.
            I'm going to lower the Miata eventually...I want the eibach springs but fear my stock shocks are too weak for them, so I'm playing the game and waiting for a set of Eibachs and tokicos or similar to cross my path. It's destined to happen.

Originally posted by P-rotege View Post
            Or a lot more lowered . You outta get darker rims, they contrast too much with the black IMO. Still, looks simple and clean.
            I like the contrast - I'm odd like that. I like the contrast of my Miata's grey hard top too. It's different and appeals to me. In a day when everyone seems to have black or bronze wheels, I'll keep my factory painted silver wheels on both of my cars. I do plan on repainting my Miata's wheels as the finish on them sucks...it's rough and just collects brake dust. They will be painted silver again though, this time with the clear coat Mazda should have put on them.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I like the white. I must be crazy, it looks nice to me.

I wouldn't mind having my Miata's wheels powdercoated but that requires removing the tires and then putting them back on, and even though I have access to a tire machine and ballancer at the shop I don't care to do it. Maybe someday...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

silver on black is the sexiest combo you can have IMO
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Looks great Ryan!

Like Chris said, get some EDM headlights, Familia rear garnish, and JDM rear bumper, and you will be all set.

Comment

just like mcdonalds.... im lovin it!
                    **SOLD**
                    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Ba-da-ba-ba-ba............

Comment

Working...
                      X