X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm i guess ur right.
    My OLD Car

Comment

LOL, big tachs can be useful, or sometimes just shift lights, when it comes to racing. But you don't tend to look at your gauges that much. Anyways, it's gotta be for show, it's an automatic
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah it is mostly for show. Although I do have the transmission where I can switch from auto to manual I think they call that transmatic or whatever. But the gauges are for show mostly.
        2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

Here is the pic of the view from outside of the car.
          2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

thanks

Comment

off the hook; though in the first pic the two tachs do not concurr
              Tag Team

Comment

looks alot different than Ithought it would be from the side... figured it would look like a big blob of wires and stuff and just look really clunky like but it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by JasonKilpa
                  Here is the pic of the view from outside of the car.
                  I think i t looks nice from that angle. Just becareful where you park. Everybody can see that and you know who that tends to invite.

The gauges I want for the protege are.
                  boost gauge
                  a/f gauge -- already have
                  e.t. gauge
                  oil pressure gauge
                  shift light -- I need this so I can know when I reach 6800 rpm..

Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

bruce you already have a tach though. why not just look at it and save your self some money?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      looks alot different than Ithought it would be from the side... figured it would look like a big blob of wires and stuff and just look really clunky like but it looks good
                      That is kind of what I was thinking too, that is why I wanted to see the side shot. Very clean install. But why did you order the tach that is so high in rpm's. Wouldn't 8k have done just fine?

Comment

Well the tach was originally ordered for my brothers 97 Eclipse Spyder. Was going to give it to him as a gift. But then it wouldn't work in his car cause his Super AFC has his car's computer doing somersaults so he said I should just put it in mine. So that is why the higher RPM's. It was a fun install. I am glad it came out as clean as it did.
                        2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                          bruce you already have a tach though. why not just look at it and save your self some money?
                          because the car revs a lot quicker ... especially from 5k to 7k .. worse when I get the turbo in there. I need to know when I am approaching 65krpm..

with the light , say in one of the vents I will know when to shift. I usually have to much to look at when I am really pushing it...
                          Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

LOL, I usually can tell when I need to shift by this horrible rattling noise in my shift knob. Otherwise, I really just listen to the engine.
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah but turbo your car, and see how quick the rpm's climb, you will def over rev, its only to be safe, and its a good way to keep your eyes on the road,
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Jason, where did you get yur gauge pod from... ?
                                Did it fit right up ?
                                Is it a dual or two single pods?

-------------------------------

Yeah at the present time, when I foot it .. the revs frigin fly , I can keep track from 3 to 5k but after 5k the **** moves so fast, plus with me watching the road and what not.. I can't relaly keep my eye on the tach ... plus sometimes when I hit second hard the front of the car buffers (or whatever) from side to side while the tires break loose.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X