No announcement yet.

My New Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the one I have. I think it is the autometer one, it is a dual gauge pod and it fits real well.

Comment

The gauges i want in my car:
      Rice gauge
      Hot girl Gauge aka Freak finder
      Cop Gauge aka pig popper
      Old people Gauge
      <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
      AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
        It looks like the one I have. I think it is the autometer one, it is a dual gauge pod and it fits real well.
        can you pm me the part number for it and where you got it from ...
        I wonder if I can find it on ebay ...

ebay = the answer to everything
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

It is an Autometer gauge pod. It is a dual and it holds my Air to Fuel Ratio gauge and my voltmeter. The reason I chose my gauge pod to mount the tach is because I really didn't want to drill on my dash. The gauge pod is on my pillar post tight so I drilled a hole into the gauge pod. My only concern was if it would be sturdy enough to hold it and it is so I lucked out there.
          2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

got a part number on that ...
            did you order it online ..
            if no part number, maybe a model number

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Autometer Part Number : 20656 is for the 2 gauge pod that I have
              2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

it looks good man. clean install

Comment

This is where I bought my gauge pod. They were easy to work with and shipped it quickly for me. Hope this helps

2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                    The gauges i want in my car:
                    Rice gauge
                    Hot girl Gauge aka Freak finder
                    Cop Gauge aka pig popper
                    Old people Gauge
                    My rice gauge is hitting about 4 grains on this car... out of 10....
                    It would be more but everything looks pretty clean, and there's no hideously large wing on the back.
                    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonKilpa
                      This is where I bought my gauge pod. They were easy to work with and shipped it quickly for me. Hope this helps

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...k=yes&dept=455
                      thanks a lot for the link ..
                      Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                        My rice gauge is hitting about 4 grains on this car... out of 10....
                        It would be more but everything looks pretty clean, and there's no hideously large wing on the back.
                        THERE IS NOTHING RICE ABOUT HIS CAR.

He actually has a nice set up... He has his gauges, his tach and if he wants to add a turbo or nos system he can actually monitor what the heck is going on because he already has most of the gauges.
                        (if he wants to go the forceful route)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                          THERE IS NOTHING RICE ABOUT HIS CAR.

He actually has a nice set up... He has his gauges, his tach and if he wants to add a turbo or nos system he can actually monitor what the heck is going on because he already has most of the gauges.
                          (if he wants to go the forceful route)
                          i agree.... rice is having gauges not hooked up and that dont match. I plan on gauges in my and im not even sure if im goin to go turbo or not. Hell the volt gauge will actually serve a purpose. Sure I could have it displayed on my amp control or I could make sure the amp is geting too hot on it and then have the guage for my volt.

BTW to hook up your volt, do you just attach it to a power source?

Comment

Thanks for the support there. I didn't think I was ricing it out but ok if that is what he thinks. Good thing he doesn't drive it then. Yeah my plans for the engine could go either turbo or nos in the very near future. I want to have these plans set for spring and be done by next fall if at all possible. Still trying to work something out for rims (Xmas I hope).

I think the gauges look especially at night and functioning is a cool look. RPM gauge does serve me some purpose since I can shift and my stock rpm gauge is off since I added the graphics to the gauge. That is where there is a difference in the two in the one pic.

As for hooking up the volt meter that is all you have to do is hook it up to a power source and ground. Easiest gauge there is.
                            2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

hey dude i think that looks sharp but i got a few questions how hard was it to install that and how long did it take?!
                              03 SILVER DX: 30% IN FRONT AND 20% TINT IN BACK, 600W SONY XPLOD AMP, 2 10'' SUBS, 3 3/8'' TACH W/SHIFT LIGHT
                              check it out at
                              members.cardomain.com/phoenixzero

Comment

It wasn't that hard to install really. Took me about 2 hours to install. Hardest things to do was finding a place to mount it and then finding a power source that switched on with the ignition of the car. After I found that it was pretty simple. Just routing cables and splicing them.
                                2002 Mazda Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                                X