My FE3 progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my caster is at 1.6* stock.
    and josh, the rear section is large plates that float on balls that lock in place with pins. all you've gotta do is pull the pins out.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

hrmm. well we know the sphericals double the factory castor then. i wonder if the number would increase more with factory LCAs/spindle.......

My optical disty was shipped out today- hopefully i'll have it come saturday!!!!!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        hrmm. well we know the sphericals double the factory castor then. i wonder if the number would increase more with factory LCAs/spindle.......

My optical disty was shipped out today- hopefully i'll have it come saturday!!!!!

Not to sure, but I don't really think so... I run Mx3 control arms, with stock spindle, coil overs with stock upper strut mount...

1.5 deg extra cast is a lot for our cars since caster is next to impossible to gain with out adjustable upper plates.. Its also so critical to gain any extra caster you can, since static negative camber becomes useless at a certain point..

A friend of mine runs a little 2012 hyundia accent.. With out adjustable caster his set up is a little over 6 deg caster... I am hoping with some adjustable upper mounts I can get that much caster if not a little more..
        Last edited by crazycanadian; 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

PM me your plans to gain extra castor- im all for it.... And as things go.. so are all new cars.

Also.... came back home to a few goodies.
          New CTS
          LED map lights 1 of 2 different types i ordered (will test both to see which is brighter)
          LED panel for the hatch light
          New windshield washer pump for the rear hatch
          FE3 optical disty!!! (thanks Issac[shqs89gt-mx6.com])

Anxious to get back out there tomorrow & try out the new distributor & see if i can get some resolve from this beast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5017.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1231133

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5022.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1231134
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

tomorrow??? I'd be out there tonight if I was that close to getting a swap tuned and drivable.
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

i would be... but its raining

Comment

Good luck, hopefully this fixes the issues!
                1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

still no luck in my struggle. the misfire is fairly consistent (greatly noticeable under 3500rpms)
                  only ever so slightly smoother then previous. with a new CTS/ distributor/ testing several sets of spark plug wires.
                  ***distributor disc was the same as a BP one***

Im heavily debating the quality of the 550cc injectors bought from roymacavoy.

I will be testing a GTX ecu first. then swapping out injectors as need be.
                  Might add in an additional vacuum source so i don't have to T the boost gauge & BOV source.

Any thoughts/suggestions from here out are welcomed

Comment

How long have the injectedrs been out of the car? Most of the time you should get them cleaned(not sure if you did that already sort I'd you mentioned it) before putting them in. Sometimes you get lucky and can just slap them in(like me).
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

they were claimed "cleaned by a local company" which is why i bought them to begin with

if the injectors are shotty. i'll be upgrading to something with a better atomizing spray. RX7 injectors work out well with our cars but the spray pattern is ancient in design compared to current technology.
                      I already started looking up Haltech® platinum sport 1000 units. bad injectors will mean upgrade to bigger & thus need proper control behind them

Comment

How long was it since he had them done? I think after cleaning them you're suppose to use them within a month iirc
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Honestly im clueless on that one... I know i kept them well stored prior to install on my motor(which wasn't long)

Comment

Soo you getting ready go go megasquirt huh sweet welcome to the club lmao ;/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M323 View Post
                              Soo you getting ready go go megasquirt huh sweet welcome to the club lmao ;/
                              Re-read this--
                              I already started looking up Haltech® platinum sport 1000 units.
                              **** megasquirt with a rusty broken axle... I won't waste my money down that route again.
                              Id pickup a FreeEMS system from fred. but theres still some final touches in the works with that option.

EDIT: just tried swapping the ECU - no change whatsoever

Comment

have you played with the VAF much? sorry to hear the disti wasn't the fix
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X