This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proto2k
    Man what controversy. Just one correction, I had the kit on before we started talking. It just seems to me that it is very convenient timing, I mean when I IM you and tell you what I plan on doing soon. It is usually followed by a "cool, I think I will do that too." That is what Grand Am is talking about.
    On the occasions I did say that the key word is 'think.' The only thing I can think of that I mighta said that would be the altezzas, (which I prolly wont get) the bodykit (which I was gettin regardless) although seeing it on your car and Danny's did motivate me to do that. BUt what you have to notice is that we think alike. Period. We have similar taste and wahts so bad about that?
    My OLD Car

Comment

tone that sig down please :p:
      1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Ok enough already hes getting the damn kit big deal tons of people have it. SHIAT!
        Sagaris

Comment

Alright let me straighten a few things out before I completely drop the subject. You had originally told me that you were going to pretty much mix and match the body kit. You then talked to me about the Erebuni kit alot and decided to go with it instead since you liked the way it looked better. We also had a few conversations whether you remember them or not about the springs. You were thinking about some ****ty gold springs, in which you changed your mind about. The decision came after my springs were installed oddly enough. I have also mentioned a few times about painting my interior. You liked the idea and said "I will probably do that too." You then just switched the color scheme I was going with. Now I know you haven't done anything to the interior yet, but the thought popped into your head after I explained my plans. I really don't care anymore. I am sick of reading posts and arguing about this ****. SUBJECT CLOSED.

Comment

Even in reading all the posts in this thread, I can't see what you're all fighting about. I think it's someone "copying" another?

Nick Holinski
            2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
              Even in reading all the posts in this thread, I can't see what you're all fighting about. I think it's someone "copying" another?

hell if i know. blaah blaaah blaaah

Comment

I fail to see it myself. This thread is pointless now and needs to be closed
                Sagaris

Comment

Arnt u a mod close this garbage

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                    Arnt u a mod close this garbage
                    she isn't a mod for this section, and neither am i the fact of the matter is that with a protege, there is little room for real customization. with only a few body kits, springs, etc, you are going to find a lot of similar cars. hell, i want the erebuni kit, have for a long time, but made my decision for sure when i saw pics of proto2k's car. does that mean i'm copying him? no, it's just a good looking kit that isn't too wild. course when someone does get a wild kit, like jo, a lot of you want to give her **** about it. you can't win. either you're copying someone, or you'll say it's ugly hell, i'm one of the few people that tries new stuff, and either people like it, or i'm a ****ing ricer but at least i can say my car *is* custom but for those people who can't do custom work, i guess they are all copycats

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      she isn't a mod for this section, and neither am i the fact of the matter is that with a protege, there is little room for real customization. with only a few body kits, springs, etc, you are going to find a lot of similar cars. hell, i want the erebuni kit, have for a long time, but made my decision for sure when i saw pics of proto2k's car. does that mean i'm copying him? no, it's just a good looking kit that isn't too wild. course when someone does get a wild kit, like jo, a lot of you want to give her **** about it. you can't win. either you're copying someone, or you'll say it's ugly hell, i'm one of the few people that tries new stuff, and either people like it, or i'm a ****ing ricer but at least i can say my car *is* custom but for those people who can't do custom work, i guess they are all copycats
                      No, people just need to learn to take the next step......and do things that noone else has doesn to a protege yet......buying the erebuni kit is fine, but why not do some modifications to it? or sha ve your car along with it.....hell shave the taillights and mold in LEDs, shave the trunk lid, trunk key hole, antenna, etc.......there are thousands of things you can do to any car if you put your mind and money where your car is.
                      1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Some people don't "have" funds to do what they want either. There are soo many things you can do with MONEY. Without the dinero it just doesn't happen.
                        2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
                        Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Originally posted by 96GrandAmAED
                          No, people just need to learn to take the next step......and do things that noone else has doesn to a protege yet......buying the erebuni kit is fine, but why not do some modifications to it? or sha ve your car along with it.....hell shave the taillights and mold in LEDs, shave the trunk lid, trunk key hole, antenna, etc.......there are thousands of things you can do to any car if you put your mind and money where your car is.
                          that's all fine and good, but most people can't do it themselves, can't afford to pay someone to do it for them, and won't do it, cause everyone will think it's rice why didn't proto2k modify his kit? since he didn't does that mean he's copying someone else? no, it doesn't. i'm actually planning on shaving my door handles, side moldings, and the piece on the trunk above the plate. but i'm doing all the work myself. yeah there are thousands of things you CAN do, but that doesn't make it a good idea nor an economical one. the simple fact is that most of what people are doing to their pro's are just the basic bolt on stuff, cause it's simple and cost effective. so the whole copying crap is retarded, cause i guess we all copied each other when we got pro's

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            Alright let me straighten a few things out before I completely drop the subject. You had originally told me that you were going to pretty much mix and match the body kit. You then talked to me about the Erebuni kit alot and decided to go with it instead since you liked the way it looked better. We also had a few conversations whether you remember them or not about the springs. You were thinking about some ****ty gold springs, in which you changed your mind about. The decision came after my springs were installed oddly enough. I have also mentioned a few times about painting my interior. You liked the idea and said "I will probably do that too." You then just switched the color scheme I was going with. Now I know you haven't done anything to the interior yet, but the thought popped into your head after I explained my plans. I really don't care anymore. I am sick of reading posts and arguing about this ****. SUBJECT CLOSED.
                            Let me begin by saying once again that I am only 16. With that being said that means I have some of the least experience with cars then most people here. Therefore, I am LEARNING. What springs are good, what companies are bad, etc. I would still mix and match the bodykit if I could but you (I think it was you) told me that it was a bad idea because there is the possibility that some parts of the kit wouldnt look right with the others. Like I said I didnt know about springs and I was just going by what some sites said about those ****ty gold springs. After doing research and other people about their eibachs. Yea not just you greg, and then I made up my mind. BUT you fail to see I got sportlines and everyone else has the pro kit. So does that mean you copied everyone else who has the Pro kit? I know many people had it before you. No it doesnt.
                            My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                              that's all fine and good, but most people can't do it themselves, can't afford to pay someone to do it for them, and won't do it, cause everyone will think it's rice why didn't proto2k modify his kit? since he didn't does that mean he's copying someone else? no, it doesn't. i'm actually planning on shaving my door handles, side moldings, and the piece on the trunk above the plate. but i'm doing all the work myself. yeah there are thousands of things you CAN do, but that doesn't make it a good idea nor an economical one. the simple fact is that most of what people are doing to their pro's are just the basic bolt on stuff, cause it's simple and cost effective. so the whole copying crap is retarded, cause i guess we all copied each other when we got pro's
                              THANK YOU! Its good to see lots of other people see my point as well. **** if I had that amount of money in the first place I wouldnt have a protege! I only work part-time at target. I am a JUNIOR, yes a JUNIOR in HIGH SCHOOl. I am not banking.....yet All my crazy ass mods will come later after I get my A+ certification, CCNA, and Windows. Not bad for only a highschol kid eh? Not to mention i dont get any help from none of my parents financially. Once I do get that money I WILL have a different body kit. I have plans already to do headlight conversions, things with my doors, my hood, and MANY other things that no other protege has done.
                              My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                                Let me begin by saying once again that I am only 16. With that being said that means I have some of the least experience with cars then most people here. Therefore, I am LEARNING. What springs are good, what companies are bad, etc. I would still mix and match the bodykit if I could but you (I think it was you) told me that it was a bad idea because there is the possibility that some parts of the kit wouldnt look right with the others. Like I said I didnt know about springs and I was just going by what some sites said about those ****ty gold springs. After doing research and other people about their eibachs. Yea not just you greg, and then I made up my mind. BUT you fail to see I got sportlines and everyone else has the pro kit. So does that mean you copied everyone else who has the Pro kit? I know many people had it before you. No it doesnt.
                                me and proto are learning as well, as these are our first cars......

all i was saying is that your ideas always seem to change to something like his or damn near his after you discussed things with him.....but hell i dont blame anyone for going the same route, when you see something as pimp as his car is turning out to be everyones gonna want to feel that way about their own too.

Alot of people have the body kit i have and i got it because i like it , but i decided to make myself a little different and im only the 2nd to ever mold the sides in (didnt know about the first til after i had done it) and i shaved the "PONTIAC" lettering in the front etc.....modifying a Fiberglass kit is SIMPLE....you can get all the materials you need at walmart for gods sake.....

also icynelly, you said somewhere that your car would be better than the other erebuni kitetd cars after yo ugot your kit on anid painted....well unless you do something to make the car/kit stand out from the rest, meaning custom fabrications/deletes, then your gonna have the same ol stuff everyone else did....only months/years after they had it.
                                1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Working...
                                X