This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 96GrandAmAED
    me and proto are learning as well, as these are our first cars......

all i was saying is that your ideas always seem to change to something like his or damn near his after you discussed things with him.....but hell i dont blame anyone for going the same route, when you see something as pimp as his car is turning out to be everyones gonna want to feel that way about their own too.

Alot of people have the body kit i have and i got it because i like it , but i decided to make myself a little different and im only the 2nd to ever mold the sides in (didnt know about the first til after i had done it) and i shaved the "PONTIAC" lettering in the front etc.....modifying a Fiberglass kit is SIMPLE....you can get all the materials you need at walmart for gods sake.....

also icynelly, you said somewhere that your car would be better than the other erebuni kitetd cars after yo ugot your kit on anid painted....well unless you do something to make the car/kit stand out from the rest, meaning custom fabrications/deletes, then your gonna have the same ol stuff everyone else did....only months/years after they had it.
    Yea I will but later on. For now its just the regular bodykit. I have to wait till my sisters fiancees shop gets opened down here. He ONLY does custom work. It may be simple to you like its simple to me to understand the OSI model.
    My OLD Car

Comment

Alot of people have the body kit i have and i got it because i like it , but i decided to make myself a little different and im only the 2nd to ever mold the sides in (didnt know about the first til after i had done it) and i shaved the "PONTIAC" lettering in the front etc.....modifying a Fiberglass kit is SIMPLE....you can get all the materials you need at walmart for gods sake.....

modifying fiberglass is simple for someone who has a decent grasp on fiberglass, and patience. i work with fiberglass a lot, and i'd never say it was simple. there are too many things that can get ****ed up, and that's what discourages most people from trying it. i know very few people that know how to fiberglass, let alone will do it unless it's absolutely necessary and for future reference, go to a local paint supply shop. i get a gallon of resin for $15, while walmart charges $10 for a quart the fact is fiberglass is not easy for everyone. just like building a speaker box that sounds good isn't easy or for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        modifying fiberglass is simple for someone who has a decent grasp on fiberglass, and patience. i work with fiberglass a lot, and i'd never say it was simple. there are too many things that can get ****ed up, and that's what discourages most people from trying it. i know very few people that know how to fiberglass, let alone will do it unless it's absolutely necessary and for future reference, go to a local paint supply shop. i get a gallon of resin for $15, while walmart charges $10 for a quart the fact is fiberglass is not easy for everyone. just like building a speaker box that sounds good isn't easy or for everyone
        Thank you. 96grandem. Just stop now before you get As you can see most people see my point; whereas you are merely oblivious. Just drop it.
        My OLD Car

Comment

yea first of all i said MODIFYING fiberglass is easy.....actually laying it from scratch has some degree of difficulty to it....but as far as repairiing or making some changes to existing fiberglass bodykits and ****, its simply....

and FYI, i get my fiberglass/paint/epoxy/etc supplies from armstrongs paint supply store (the same place every paint shop, dealer paint shops and every otehr painter in this side of knoxville uses)

dont talk to me like you know every damn thing in the world....I dontk now every signle thing about body work but ive done enough to understadn how to modify fiberglass/install kits, etc....its not hard, i learned it all on my lonesome....

and icynelly, noones gonna "own3d" me.....especially not you
          1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
            Thank you. 96grandem. Just stop now before you get As you can see most people see my point; whereas you are merely oblivious. Just drop it.

lol.....me getting owned........:p:
            1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
              HA HA HA thats why I got the kit was because I wanted a front end like that. If not I probably wouldnt have one right now or I would have gotten the sport 20 conversion.

Yeah I read your comment about the wing mixmaster. I think I am going to get a 03.5 msp wing. I think it would look nice with the kit. Yeah they changed the tail lights because of some dot regulations or whatever. (they were the first ones that came out for the Protege so now many people have them because when they became popular they had changed) I havent gotten pulled over for them yet and I am not planning on changing them because of the new lexus suv tails. They are all white. So they cant say shiat! :D :D

lol. A boyfriend whats that!? lol. I love working on my car and yea i do get help but I take over
              Now here's a crazy attempt to try to get this thread back on topic.

Personally, I'd definitely lose that wing and add on the 03.5 MSP wing. It's an excellent choice. One friend once told me, stock never goes out of style. As long as you don't drive a pontiac (no offense to the grand am guy, pontiac just leaves too much plastic unpainted) I say this is totally true. As far as your grill goes, if I were to own your car I'd probably paint the mesh black. Right now when I look at your car I see the big silver mesh. It seems to stick out too much when the bumper should catch your attention. Plus a darker color will make the gaping hole on in your front bumper appear smaller.

To me, it's the tiny details that make a car yours. I've done so many tiny things to my car where at first nobody notices. Then when someone and I are outside talking to my car, they'll start to notice the small things. (did you debadge your car? are those stock mirrors?)

The altezzas also aren't really my bag but if you like them, it's your car. You should do what you want obviously, I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism and let you know where I'd take your car from here. =)
              2002 Ford Focus ZX3
              1987 Mazda 323
              1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

oh and can a moderator split this thread and move the other part to off topic? That way the whole copying debate can go on over there.
                2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                1987 Mazda 323
                1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

lol.....me getting owned........:p:
                  y34 7|-|475 \/\/|-|3|\| |\/|0736| 0\/\/|\|3o| j00.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

yea first of all i said MODIFYING fiberglass is easy.....actually laying it from scratch has some degree of difficulty to it....but as far as repairiing or making some changes to existing fiberglass bodykits and ****, its simply....

and FYI, i get my fiberglass/paint/epoxy/etc supplies from armstrongs paint supply store (the same place every paint shop, dealer paint shops and every otehr painter in this side of knoxville uses)

dont talk to me like you know every damn thing in the world....I dontk now every signle thing about body work but ive done enough to understadn how to modify fiberglass/install kits, etc....its not hard, i learned it all on my lonesome....

and icynelly, noones gonna "own3d" me.....especially not you
                    the only easy modifications to fiberglass would be to take a dremel to it and reshape it a bit. other than that, it involves laying it, it takes more skill. even simple modifications are hard for normal people that have no idea how to do it there are probably only 5-10 people on this board that could do it. i'm glad to see you don't get your supplies at walmart how the **** am i talking like i know everything in the world? i'm just correcting your false statement everything i know about fiberglassing, body work, stereos, etc, i taught myself. i'm not saying YOU don't know how to modify stuff. it might be very easy, like it is to me. i'm saying it's hard for everyone else so please just STFU about this, as you aren't making any valid points.

Comment

WTF is that?

Comment

WTF is that?
                        its called leet. AKA Hacker Language. Im a computer nerd.
                        My OLD Car

Comment

more like old school AOL language. yeah, thats when motegi owned you. sad i still know how to read that ****. but yes,lets definately try to keep this thread on-topic. and no flame-wars people!
                          -mike lucero
                          1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                          2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by trahma
                            Now here's a crazy attempt to try to get this thread back on topic.

Personally, I'd definitely lose that wing and add on the 03.5 MSP wing. It's an excellent choice. One friend once told me, stock never goes out of style. As long as you don't drive a pontiac (no offense to the grand am guy, pontiac just leaves too much plastic unpainted) I say this is totally true. As far as your grill goes, if I were to own your car I'd probably paint the mesh black. Right now when I look at your car I see the big silver mesh. It seems to stick out too much when the bumper should catch your attention. Plus a darker color will make the gaping hole on in your front bumper appear smaller.

To me, it's the tiny details that make a car yours. I've done so many tiny things to my car where at first nobody notices. Then when someone and I are outside talking to my car, they'll start to notice the small things. (did you debadge your car? are those stock mirrors?)

The altezzas also aren't really my bag but if you like them, it's your car. You should do what you want obviously, I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism and let you know where I'd take your car from here. =)
                            i think your thinking of chevy, or saturn.....the only thign pontiac has unpainted peices on is the aztek, notice i called it a thing....LOL....
                            1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by protetype
                              more like old school AOL language. yeah, thats when motegi owned you. sad i still know how to read that ****. but yes,lets definately try to keep this thread on-topic. and no flame-wars people!
                              heh cool to see someone else who knows it. By the way joelene is getting the 03.5 msp wing. When I talked to her at the meet I think she made up her mind after she saw it in person.,
                              My OLD Car

Comment

yes well, motegi can own me all day long, and all night as well...
                                1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Working...
                                X