X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    jesus, 312mm??? thats a big disc man
    thats what she said,

brakes looks good, but it looks like you def need the 312 rotor to take full advantage.
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

we need a place that will make larger/deeper brake pads for us that still fit within the OEM caliper. i would sure love to see some 312mm rotors made to fit underneath. altho i think it would likely be too much change in brake bias.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        we need a place that will make larger/deeper brake pads for us that still fit within the OEM caliper. i would sure love to see some 312mm rotors made to fit underneath. altho i think it would likely be too much change in brake bias.
        I think it would be too much.
        I will say there is a noticeable difference with just the 11" Rotors and BG calipers..
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

on the note of welding the brackets to the spindles...
          don't. they are cast. and although you can weld cast, it is not a good idea. at all. the area around the welds becomes a major weak point. also, what are the brackets made out of?
          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

id like to stick the biggest rotor combo i could under 15" rims with a decent sized pad.
            still i would like to get custom pads started
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
              don't. they are cast. and although you can weld cast, it is not a good idea. at all. the area around the welds becomes a major weak point. also, what are the brackets made out of?
              Thanks for your input
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Started working on installing the GTR intake manifold which has been sitting on a shelf for over a year... Once I removed the intake piping I noticed the driver's axle seal was leaking. Since it is was easier to fill the transmission with the piping out I diverted to changing the seal.

Seal changed, adding fluid tomorrow and will finish the intake manifold.

NOTE: Kia G-series axle seals are way better than the MSP ones. The Kia axle seals have a double rib seal where as the Mazda seals only have one. It will probably be okay but the Kia ones are a better design.

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
                  miata guys proved knuckles are not cast...
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

nate, I believe the ball joint shaft size difference is due to the year, not the lx or dx designation. I could be wrong but I recall reading that before.
                    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                    VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

yeah ball joints change in 91 iirc
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Yes, ball joint size changes. Autozone (my choice parts store) has different suppliers for their parts, even the same exact part. Not all balljoints bought from autozone are made equal... Ive found the ones made in japan are far superior to the other crap.... They do not rust, have better boots, grease fittings and not made from a ****ty cast.

Comment

Working...
                        X