• Show
Clear All

Good plans are good
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

You see that sticker on the left runner on the header? I think it said something about making sure you paint the header because the stuff thats on it is not meant for heat lol. Cool to see you going turbo tho.
      88 323 GTX
      93 Protege LX
      00 Jeep Cherokee
      88 Ford Ranger GT
      15 F150

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
        so you're going to boost? very nice! any idea what exhaust manifold you're going to use?
        Not totally sure yet. I want to use some kind of ramhorn manifold though. I would use a bp26 mani but I don't want to deal with getting it machined for an external wastegate.
        Originally posted by sn95 View Post
        You see that sticker on the left runner on the header? I think it said something about making sure you paint the header because the stuff thats on it is not meant for heat lol. Cool to see you going turbo tho.
        yeah it said something like "this protective coating may wear off" or something like that.. lol oh well, doesn't matter to me.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

hell of a run, i feel lucky with my JY Engine. although i didnt swap to a different engine. i just got the same thing. and i found a gem. 110k but we suspect it was rebuilt, had a like new rear main seal and the plate thingy on the seal was siliconed on xD. its also VERY clean. i need new plugs and i need ta gap em to. mine has some crappy Autolites. i did my swap like almost 2 months ago. and im almost ready for my my 2nd oil change. only thing is, my old engine got 30mpg, my rebuild 27mpg... i think its a combination of plugs and larger tires on the front end. im running slightly taller tires on the front now then when i got it. it had like 70s? on the front and now its 75s i think. i just couldnt pass up 2 like new tires on steels, its got the same size all around xD, for $12 each U Pick It of Kansas City xD my engine cost me $99 + $20 core charge xD grabbed a drivers side auto seat belt assembly as well. mine was jank. my car runs good. its needing some tune up i think. its a little sluggish.
          Originally posted by atomicEGT
          having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
          93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
          CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

yea the only fancy manifolds i know like that are either REALLY expensive lol, or flanged differently, i heard the ebay t25 turbo manifold for the miata (points downwards) are pretty damn close tho.

edit: solution! GO GTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Meh, GTR mani's are super hard to come by and I'd still have to tap it out for an external wastegate.. I'm trying to avoid that. I've got time to wait though so I'll just wait and once I see something I'll probably just grab it.
              -Steve

VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

You're gonna go externally gated?

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Idk.. I'd like to but I'm not sure of anything yet. I'm deff open to suggestions as to what I should do. I'm not the most knowledgeable on turbo stuff. Maybe I'll offer drew a little $ for that manifold thats at your house. What flange is on that again?
                  I'm going to start gathering the general parts first and getting everything like that then I'll decide on the specifics.
                  -Steve

VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

t25 which is still tiny.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

you can use an external gate on the DP like john

a T28 should net you the power your looking for but would fall off around 6.5K
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Hmm. I don't want to push the turbo to it's max either. I'd rather have something a little bigger and keep the boost down.
                        I need to figure out how I'm going to get an oil feed. My block isn't tapped, why.. idk.
                        -Steve

VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

well you can run the bp26 turbo manifold and just get a t3 adapter then run the external wastegate in the downpipe like jon and ferdi did. then just make up a nice downpipe, t3 DP flanges are cheap!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

quick question Which is the BP26? i know of the BPT which is the JDM BP, and i know the BP from a Pro, and then Scorts.
                            Originally posted by atomicEGT
                            having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
                            93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
                            CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

Bp26= bpt=gtx
                              -Steve

VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Ace- i have that gtr exhaust manifold & i can get it externally gated without many issues @ all
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X