Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great progress. i also have an issue with my reverse lights. they dont work. i have a 626 transmission with a 626 harness, and they still dont work. any ideas?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

July.

4th.

5:27 pm Pacific time.

She fired up, on the first crank after fuel pressure built up. Ran her about 20 minutes, and everything thus far seems to work out. Once the HLAs came up to pressure she was purring as a kitten, quiet as one too. All electricals seem to be in order as well.

That is all.
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

-Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Awesome!! I bet it brings a tear to your eye. Congratulations.

Regards,
          Joel
          1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

congrats dan
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm glad she started!!!
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Can't wait to see vids of her rolling
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

You should drive it out to Flyrtle dan. Show all the Probe's whats up with ZE power.
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

2900 miles each way? I think I will pass

Comment

Yeah that's quite a trip

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
                        00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
                        00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Now comes the long road of troubleshooting and shakedowns - does anyone have a pinout for the flasher relay (turn signal relay) for the MX3 harness?

In order to do a RHD conversion without a RHD harness, I 'flipped' the harness left to right. That has now caused the flashers to light up opposite of the switch - so when I put the switch on R, the L flashers blink and viceversa.

I partially solved the problem by flipping the signal wires for the lights themselves at the relay (green/white stripe and green/black stripe). So now when I turn the switch to L, the L side flashers blink and so on.

The problem now is on the dash display - now they're flipped the other way so even though the switch and lights agree on side, the 'green arrows' on the dash display are flipped.

If those arrows have their own signal wires at the relay I can flip those and that will take care of the issue.

If they don't have their own wire and the signal comes directly from the light wires themselves (grn/wht and grn/blk) then the only solution is to do some soldering and simply flip the signal wires at the lights themselves, though I want to avoid doing that because it involves running extra wiring, and it would take a bit of time.

So, in short, I need a pinout for the flasher relay of MX3 harness....:crossing fingers Haynes might have it:

Comment

Also this...the body electrical troubleshooting manual.
                            Last edited by 300BHPZE; 07-05-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Excellent, thank you.

After dicking with it for a while and looking at the schematic, I don't think I can 'easy' fix it other than to spend the 30 minutes and run the wires. The way the circuit logic is built you can change two of the three things (switch, dash indicator, lights), but not all 3. It has to do with my 'flip' of the harness.

I tried flipping the switch wires, and that made the switch and dash agree, but the lights were opposite again - so basically the system was made 'side-specific' and the differences are made up in the harness, so you can't switch all 3 lines at once (switch, arrows, and lights). I even used the JDM flasher unit, but it's identical to the US one. At least the schematic logic reaffirms my trust in sound engineering.

Off I go to play with the solder gun then
                              Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Dan, this is such an awesome build man. I really wish one of these days on a trip back to my hometown (San Diego), I might be able to see this thing in person. This is encouragement for me to do a ground up on my 323. Its rust free thank god, but is still almost 23 years old.

Your work is top notch.
                                Get some pics up, we need something to masturb..... look at.
                                Mazda
                                1988 Black 323 GT
                                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                                X