No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you made your way on here Sly!

Comment

Originally posted by 323driver View Post
      I meant VJ23, did your port it? I'm having some boost issues and wondering if it's the boost controller or the wastegate. I have a protege AWD with a complete GTR swap, including engine, tranny diffs and spindles with brakes.
      No port at all. The VJ23 that came with the car had 160 000km. At first, it was holding high boost, but a month an half later, it started to lowering the presure. I first though it was the electronic boost solenoïd, but wasen't the case. At the end it was holding not much than 17psi at very high speed engine only, then bypassing oil in piping.

I know 2 turbo shops that can rebuild the VJ23 if it can help.
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

cool, good to know, I hope my VJ23 won't die so soon. Anyways, hope we meet at some mazda meed sometimes this year, the car looks like a beast

Comment

I went to the track last friday and at 9psi, I did a 9sec flat @ 78mph on a 1/8 mile track.

The breaking period is done and today I raised and tuned the boost to 15psi. I'll be driving another week like that and I'll do the same for the 20psi MAP in a week.
          -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

i dont think i can ever drive a RHD
            95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

nice, same thing happened to me on the same piston, lack of pressure in the rail and fouled injector, bad mix, nice to see another mint gtr, may have to steal some front mount ideas off you!.
              Mazda Familia GT-R: 241HP ATW and 387NM @17psi

i give my wife a quarter inch at a time for thoes ten seconds or less im free

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Comment

In my case, the air intake temp came so high, at that moment I heard the engine pinking very hard but it was too late. Piston no. 4 melted and some aluminium stuck in exaust valves of cyl. no.1. Cyl no.4 had no compression at all and I had only 15 pounds in cyl no.1. So for the second time in less than 3 months I had cutted the valve angle again!!!

Comment

I was about to raise boost this morning and something strange happened. Instead of increasing, my boost went down. It was setted to 15psi and was dropping to 9psi, event if I increase the boost. I could hear the pressurized air going out, so I knew I had a leak in somewhere, but I couldn't figure out.

I have to drive 70km to reach my garage so I deceided to go at friend's shop to put smoke in turbo piping and guest what, it took 6psi of that s**t to finally found it.

Here's the faulty, the only OEM flex pipe left in the setup. The crack is sitting down, just over the gears casing of the tranny and my MSD box...

I got a spare one at my garage, so temporary, I'll repair it with a 4$ tube of urethane. I'll probably build a solid section later this month...
                  Last edited by mazdasly75; 08-05-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

wow, sorry to hear about all the issues...

do you have a wideband setup on the car?
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

My old GTR did the same! Cracked at the exact same place!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                        wow, sorry to hear about all the issues...

do you have a wideband setup on the car?
                        Absolutly! Running MS without wideband is useless. I got an innovate LC-1, with the DB gauge mounted on the dash.

Just to give few more stats. The BP engine really likes to run lean while cruising. I made a 500km trip this weekend, mostly on highway, at 120-130km/h and I got a 7.8L/100km. My cruise MAP is set to 16.5:1 all the way. I could lean a little more, the engine start sputtering at 17.3:1. At a lower speed, I pretty much sure that this setup is capable of 7L/100km wich is awesome for a 4wd car.

Comment

The repair now.

What the images dosen't shows, I enlarged the crack with a cutter to make sure that it's being filled by the urethane. This way, the filled area is in sandwich with both coated side so it won't be blown away under boost. Now let see how much this repair can support boost
                          Last edited by mazdasly75; 08-05-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

G-Tech testing

Yesterday I installed G-Tech in the car and I did a couple of pulls. The car was set to 20psi all way long.

enjoy!!

And here's the same run in metric

Last edited by mazdasly75; 10-21-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Looks about right. Good runs.

Comment

nice toy, I need one of these... numbers are pretty accurate

Comment

Working...
                                X