No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your doing amazing work. i wish i would have the knowledge to do something like that on my engine.
    2012 Kia rio
    2009 Nissan Frontier
    1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

can you show us what bits you are using on your dremel?

i plan on doing this to one of my spare heads soon
      festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

of course! let me take a picture of all tools that I used to work on the head.
        -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
        -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
        -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Finally I could not resist. Supertech's 1mm oversize valves and dual springs with titanium retainer are on the way... Next is a fidanza flywheel, a balanced crankshaft and I'm done for this year lol.

I want this GT-R to pull up to 8000rpm and believe me it will
          -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Nice work!! Will you flow test it to see if your ports are all equal?

Comment

Ok so this is the tools I used to work for the porting.

I like to use the 120V 1/4" die grinder over the air one, cause it's bigger, so when the tools bites to the material, it wont kick overt the thinny valve seats. Also it has more inertia at low speed than the air one, which let you work at a lower speed and prevent the aluminium to stick on the edges of the grinding tools. Not shown in the picture, I use aluminium cutting paste made by walter, this make the life much longer of a grinding bit and prevent the overheat of it.

1-The first step is the grinding bit tools. I use different shape and lenght. You can expect to pay much as 50$ for a long one. The more long will create vibrations at some specific speed, so it's important to shut off the grinder when there's no "load" on the tool or you will create a distortion and the grinding bit will not be efficent anymore.

2-The second step, this is the sanding bits. I use 150-220 grits, that I insert on a mandrel. I got 2 differents length.

3-This is the tool I use when you want to polish a combustion chamber. There's 2 steps, one for the rough and the final touch is for the shine finish.

Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-01-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I just edit the transmission post with more pictures.
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...5&postcount=44
                Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-06-2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

thank you sooo much for the pictures! you have been a lot of help.

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

also where did you get the valve seat "cutter" ?

Comment

omg I want to do this when I take the head off my accord!! Thank you so much for the info man!

Comment

No problems guys, it's a pleasure to help

The valve seat cutter comes in a kit. It include different cutters length, sizes and different angle. It cost an arm and a leg to get one of those, available through your autopart dealer (as long as he knows his stuffs).

Comment

New parts laying down, waiting for 1st March...

New adjustable camgears. What's interesting, it's made of aluminium 7075, anodized, compare to 6061 for fidanza, obx ect..

New set of Siemens 660cc low-z injectors. Will never missing fuel again :D

Comment

nice parts!! those corksport cam gear are on my wish list for next winter.
                            2012 Kia rio
                            2009 Nissan Frontier
                            1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Originally posted by tranny_buster View Post
                              also where did you get the valve seat "cutter" ?
                              hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

the latest delivery

Comment

Working...
                                X