No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the nicest cars i've seen period.
    ---prakash

Comment

Thanks for the good comments!!

If you look at my 60ft, you see that I didn't power launched the clutch using the launch control. 2 sec. is a good 60ft, but with a GT-R, you can do a 1.7 easyly, so that mean, this setup @ 15psi can touch the 12sec. Also those numbers as been performed with my girlfriend sitting in the helper seat

I'm very satisfy with the results, 323 GT-R is a funny ride
      Last edited by mazdasly75; 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM.
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Here we go again! I finally blown my first transmission. It was from a GTX, tall gear ratio. It exploaded right on a drag launch. Seems like its the 1st gear died instantly at launch. At least, the diff still ok so I'll keep it for spare parts. I will never lauch the clutch at 5500rpm @ 20 psi again...

A chance I got spares, but last week I went to a friend to take a look at his new project, mx3 bpt GTR, so he still had the tranny on the engine, wich I took back to the garage.

Yesterday I decided that it was time to swap the blown tranny, so 2.25h later, the engine was out of the car and I've installed my friend's GTR tranny. 3.5h later, the car was ready to go again and I got a big surprise when I started shifting....I got a GTA-E close gear tranny!!! Oh my god it pulls so much!!! the 3rd gear at 7000rpm shows 65mph!!!! so much fun to ride, especially downtown, between stops and red lights. It match perfectly the lag of turbo, the car runs like a fast spooling GTX now.

I'll take a couple of pulls with the G-Tech to compare with the older transmission early this week so stay tuned!!
        Last edited by mazdasly75; 08-16-2009, 06:58 AM.
        -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Sweet!

"c'est un mal pouyr un bien en fin de compte"

Sucks that the tranny blew but now you have the gtae tranny
          Your car is awesome man, great work.

Nick
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I went to Pont-Rouge for couples of race. I got few videos catching up the races. I mostly used my Gopro, inside the car so you sit in the car.

The settings:
            I ran all the races at 16 psi, like an idiot, I totally forgot to look at the pressure before doing the races. I was sure my car was set to 20psi, but I remember I broke a piping collet, so I dropped down the boost controller 2 days ago. Also, like an idiot I forgot to remove my exaust tip inside the muffler, so back pressure in the exaust was in there for sure.

This was the first time I used the GTAe tranny, I never did a hard launch, to make sure I get back home with the car and not with the tow. Even with soft start, using the launch control set to 4500rpm, I was doing consistant 1.8 60ft, my worst 1.94. With a hard launch at higher revs, I can make high 1.6, but I will never test it with this transmission. I used the flat shift, so I kept the gas pedal to the floor while shifting. It's very impressive at launch, but the 4th gear hit the engine cutoff @ 7000rpm at 106mph. Next time I will raise the cutoff to 7500rpm to do a better finish and expect a possibility of 112mph. In the last race, I removed the exaust tip, and I raised the pressure to 21 psi and guess what...the clutch was slippering on every gears...very disapointed, it was probably overheated and the clutch is a 350ft/lbs of torque capacity...a stage two clutch

Overall I did 12 races and I lost only 2 of them. The kills; WRX, STI, mustang svo, mustang svt, mustang GT, nissan maxima 3.5, celica gt4, mr2 @ 17 psi, skyline GTST rb26, cobalt ss.

The lost; stang svt 500whp (11sec car) and thunderbird.

My best time so far 13.2 @ 106, reaction time 0.356, 1.804 60ft.

I will edit this page everytime I get a video ready enjoy

323 GT-R megasquirt, MSD ignition, launch control, flat shift, 3" exaust, 16psi, I did 13 flat. I know, mustang svt are slow lol! using go-pro camera. Stang ...
            Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Is your clutch a full face or a puck? I'm buying a new one rated to 400 ft/lbs since the stock GTR one is only holding in 1st and 2nd but I'm not sure a puck clutch is a good idea for these boxes.

Comment

It's a full face clutch. I'm not a big fan of puck as I drive this car everyday, I will buy a stage 4 rated 450ft/lbs, full face clutch, but I'll install it later this fall or when I store the car for the winter.

Comment

Cool, that's what I should be getting, a full face good for 400#. It's my daily as well and it's much easier on the tranny.

Comment

Here's the rest of the videos I got.

Drag session at Pont-Rouge with my familia 323 GT-R, close gears GTAe transmission, MS, MSD HVC, 3" stainless exaust, launch controller, flat shift,16psi on ...

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
                      Here's the rest of the videos I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23O8WK2jE80
                      great video, that 323 has something

i liked a lot the perspective

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

very nice
                        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                        |.....Overnight....................| ||
                        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Hi guys! it's been a while. Just some feed back of the GT-R for this winter.

I'm building a second engine right now, I got everything laying down from a GT-R engine, minus the sodium valves. Rods, intake manifold, rebuilt bp05 head, block, oil pan so instead to sell at a ridiculous price those parts I deceided to build a spare engine

I have to change the clutch for a stronger one, so I'll take the opportunity to upgrade the setup. A set of 660cc siemens, low-Z injectors cause the 460cc are getting satured at 20psi at a air/fuel mixture of 12:1 and since I need to drop down the actual combustion temperature from 1650 deg to at least 1400 under high boost, I need a bunch of fuel to enrich the mix. I also have a 2" rad and changing the 4 corner bearings. Not to mention, I'm doing a head port the the new head!

I'll post pictures of the work later this winter, so stay tuned!!
                          Last edited by mazdasly75; 01-31-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Head port stage whatever you want

Ok here I started to work on the original BP26 head of my GT-R. Right now I'm running a BP05 one from a proGT, but it's time for it to go...

Here's where I start, I want to remove some material in the combustion chamber. I want to grind off the circle red part. The reason is to lower the compression ratio, and to help reducing knocking and missfiring above 20psi, like the 8.2:1 comp. ratio original setup.

But first, I got to fill the combustion and take some measurement.

I start with a 60cc seringue...

Now let see how much liquid remaining. 60 minus 10cc, at start I got a 50cc chamber to every cylinders.

Next is the grinding portion..

Again, let's fill the new size of the combustion chamber

There's 8cc remaining in the seringue, I got now a 52cc combustion chamber and from the calculator, the 9:1 ratio dropped down to 8.7:1

Let's do this to the other cylinders

I know it's still rough, I'll smooth all that later cause now it's the intake and exaust porting time..
                            uhhh! that hurt!!

it's getting better..

almost done

Now smoothing off the valve radius area

Now it's time to clean the exhaust port

I'm now polishing the combustion chamber

after a small sanding

Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-06-2010, 07:38 AM.

Comment

tranny rebuilt

Now cutting the valves seat for a perfect seal

Last year I removed the GT-R original tranny cause it was leaking donw oil very badly. So I deceided it was time to fix it.

The shifter assy

The casing down

The infamous viscous differential

The casing has been cleaned a bit

I had a grinding reverse symptom, the reverse gear' worned!

The casing on. I'm using the best stuff you can get to seal "iron to iron" surface, loctite 515 will last forever agains trans oil.

5th gear installed
                              Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-01-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I have difficulties to choose if I'm getting supertech 1mm oversized valves + double valve spring combo or if I keep the stock valves and just adding the double springs...

Later, I'll show the pictures of a solid lifter conversion and shims adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                                X