X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
    OEM rated FE3- 170hp@6000 rpm and 160ft/lbs of torque @4500rpm

cough- yeah im killin the thread
    yes because shawn have alot of FE3 parts laying around when it breaks. Plus he got tons of friends with FE3s...hell i have a block sitting in my garage now. Hey shawn i think u should go FE3 cuz its much better than the KL.

Comment

long time no update, been working 60 hours a week and no time to work on the car.

finally got my neon rad and flexalite fan sorted!

should be enough clearance

looks almost stock!
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

sweet ima keep my eye on this build! im still gatherin my parts for mine got my harness from rusty323
        sigpic

Comment

Looks good Sean,Shawn,Shane, whatever your name is. lol. Snap some pics of the bottom mounting points if you can please
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

lookin good man. i might be headin down there in the next couple weeks when i get my next paycheck.
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              Looks good Sean,Shawn,Shane, whatever your name is. lol. Snap some pics of the bottom mounting points if you can please
              pics of mounts will come alittle later once im happy with them and im done adding things to the front end.

things i did today without pics

put on correct crank pulley
              pulled coil packs (makes me sad)
              installed the dissy
              de-gasketed my pheno-spacers from dan
              finished truck bed lining (i love this stuff if you cant tell) the lower engine bay as well as painting the top
              making filler panels to properly direct air thru the bumper to the rad
              Last edited by MD323; 11-09-2009, 12:04 AM.
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

looking good man..i wish we could use the stock rads for these swaps. mine is practically brand new and now i cant even use it.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                  pics of mounts will come alittle later once im happy with them and im done adding things to the front end.

That's cool. I have plenty of time. Seeing how well that fits might have me convinced to run 1. I know robert(sohc 1.8t) ran 1 in his swap so its been sitting in the back of my mind.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thats a nice fan, it's coming along cant wait to see the motor in.

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    That's cool. I have plenty of time. Seeing how well that fits might have me convinced to run 1. I know robert(sohc 1.8t) ran 1 in his swap so its been sitting in the back of my mind.
                    I have his car now. Upgraded the rad to a 2 row aluminion. The one they sell on ebay for neons
                    Last edited by 323Foreword; 11-09-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=323Foreword;588576]Thats a nice fan, it's coming along cant wait to see the motor in.

Comment

ask and you shall receive(sorta)!!

motor in so i can figure out where stuff goes and how to route this and that and all the other things i have to do since i dont have an mx3 parts car like the rest of the guys.

more to come over the next few days as i try to meet my "it drives" deadlines
                        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

would you be able to measure the widest point of the engine real quick and post it up it its not too much trouble.
                          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^^ since the intake is not on yet i dont think it will help, but when i put it on in the next few days i will
                            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

awesome man, thanks!
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Looking good man!

Comment

Working...
                                X