Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good man.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

park it for a few months eh...
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

About that text you sent.... thanks for the info
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so finally assembled the 323, no start, no spark.

also i dropped the mx3 cluster into the 323 harness and the CEL comes on with the parking lights. going to have to figure that on out. as of now though it will sit for a few months while i do other life stuff, last two shot of the 323 for now.

sleepin
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

why would you come this far to just let it sit? its probably something small thats easily fixable. you put it all together and expected it to start up and run like it came from the factory? thats the whole thing about swaps man, its not always perfect at first. now i guess if something more important in your life is going on then i understand but if not,

take off that cover and get it running!

Comment

i have 6 swaps under my belt man, I know they dont always start

I know its the dissy, but i am leaving to goto baltimore for 2 weeks thrusday and im alittle burnt out from working 60 hours a week and maintaining 3 car fulltime.

the car will sit because i need to catch up on the rest of my life, and i want to wait till i can work on it for fun again, instead of this forced march sort of pace i have been keeping
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

ahh, i see. well do your thing man. you got farther than i have so i cant say much. lol

Comment

If I knew I could grab a disty with the motor I was getting I'd throw you this mx3 1 as I know it runs

BTW I found that part in my swap parts box so thanks for looking but don't need it anymore
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

that sucks that the damn thing wouldnt start but hopfully you get rumblin at the track sooner then you think
                    sigpic

Comment

ahh well, cars do take up too much time sometimes man. I don't think there's to many people who do a swap like this and have it started the first few tries. Give it some time then go back to it with a clear mind!
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Where did you get the extra radiator cap with tube?

Comment

good eye^ i missed that do tell us shawn. whats the story there
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That's the pressure cap, moroso make them. My setup with the neon rad I don't have a pressure cap, just a fill cap. So I had to add one.

By no means am I giving up, I just set a deadline of saturday night to make it run, it didn't and now I'm stopping for awhile so I can go up north, then come back and work out my financial plans for the future. This year I will be 26 in april, I'm getting old and its time to sort that **** out. Projects can be done over time slowly, that's the fun part of owning 3 cars
                            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I know for one I can't wait till you get this thing done. Hopefully by flyrtle next year? its going to be in tampa right?
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

yeah it will be done waaay before flyrtle, and yeah its in tampa this year.
                                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X