No announcement yet.

My Full Build Progress FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More stuff ive been doing since i was waiting for the motor and this all needed to be done lots of goodies and yess i know rusty I NEED A NEW SHELL! then also i know someone is going to say WTH on folding the headliner well...i didn't have one and it had to fit in the 323 for transport before this so a headliner is better than no headliner.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by madtownmazda; 08-04-2010, 09:19 AM.
    My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
    New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
    91' Miata - SOLD
    93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
    Mods: Protege:
    Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
    Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
    Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
    Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
    sigpic

Comment

those brake lines look even better installed. i need to get a set for my new shell
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        Very nice. I can't say I would do Sigh(?) grooves though. This is gonna be a Flyrtle right?

What do you mean by Flyrtle....yes im slow :p
        91' Miata - SOLD
        Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
        Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
        Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
        Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
        sigpic

Comment

thats the meet in florida this september steveo
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

wheel bearings/ misc goodies
            • New wheel bearings
            • GTX wiring harness/ BP26 ECU
            • Pacesetter short shifter
            • Big nose crank pulley
            Attached Files

Comment

now i gotta find my dam usb cord so i can upload some pics
              91' Miata - SOLD
              sigpic

Comment

so i go to start it yesterday and irony of the car sitting for 2 yrs 1 caliper seized, 1 wont get fluid, 2 work and then when i go to start the dam thing the starter takes a ****.....WTFFF! then today i said **** it im putting the original starter it to make sure it would turn over and it did but found out the cam caps were slightly too tight....yes noob ik but i fixed the issue then i go to start it and it turns over like a dreammm but NO SPARK DAMMIT! so either my ecu is shot or the coil took a **** who thinks the coil would have went bad??! anyone had one go bad before?

ECU IS BAD ((((( now i need to find a new gtx ecu so i can break the engine in correctly!
                Last edited by madtownmazda; 09-13-2010, 11:28 AM.
                91' Miata - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

grammar & punctuation!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    grammar & punctuation!!!!

PSH who needs that you have eyes don't ya and you can read right?! so you shoudn't have an issue
                    91' Miata - SOLD
                    sigpic

Comment

I cant believe the machine shop did not clean the outside of the engine block and put new plugs. I would not have cut the crankshaft, but its not my block.

Comment

'lectronics like that wouldn't just go bad from sitting. Unless they got really rusty/corroded?

Comment

PSI turbo, why wouldn't you lighten your crank??

Comment

I have thought about it many times and in fact taken the crank to machine shops willing to pay for the job to get it done.

Each and everytime I bring up the idea, again and again I would here the same thing. The BP crankshaft/ engine block does not need to be messed up with. Everyone would tell me to leave the crankshaft alone, put some rods/pistons, get it balanced, follow specs, torque and put some serious boost and call it a day.

I would bring the crank to the shop and always the conversation would end up the technician showing me a car that is pushing 30 psi day in day out with the CS untouched, just some rods/pistons and serious boost.

There are plenty Mazda 323 with BP doing 10 and 11 with stock crankshaft on full body platform, no 3/4 chassis or fiberglass parts, and with untouched completely stock cylinder heads, just boost and a good tune.

---

I like the cylinder head how they brought back all clean, but the engine block, they could have cleaned it a little better and like I said take care of the plugs.

The last that I want to do is start an argument, I am just expressing my personal opinion about what should and should not have been done. Its your project and wish you the best of luck, for sure I will be checking this build to see how that little beast comes out and to see the final results with some good videos.

If you dont mind me asking, Can youm post how much you paid in detail for the machine shop job? How much it was the porting, honing, cutting the crankshaft, balancing the engine block, etc?
                            Last edited by psiturbo; 09-21-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
                              I have thought about it many times and in fact taken the crank to machine shops willing to pay for the job to get it done.

Each and everytime I bring up the idea, again and again I would here the same thing. The BP crankshaft/ engine block does not need to be messed up with. Everyone would tell me to leave the crankshaft alone, put some rods/pistons, get it balanced, follow specs, torque and put some serious boost and call it a day.

I would bring the crank to the shop and always the conversation would end up the technician showing me a car that is pushing 30 psi day in day out with the CS untouched, just some rods/pistons and serious boost.

There are plenty Mazda 323 with BP doing 10 and 11 with stock crankshaft on full body platform, no 3/4 chassis or fiberglass parts, and with untouched completely stock cylinder heads, just boost and a good tune.

---

I like the cylinder head how they brought back all clean, but the engine block, they could have cleaned it a little better and like I said take care of the plugs.

The last that I want to do is start an argument, I am just expressing my personal opinion about what should and should not have been done. Its your project and wish you the best of luck, for sure I will be checking this build to see how that little beast comes out and to see the final results with some good videos.

If you dont mind me asking, Can youm post how much you paid in detail for the machine shop job? How much it was the porting, honing, cutting the crankshaft, balancing the engine block, etc?
                              these are off the top of my head so just a ballpark of my memory lol

Yes the Head work minus the valve cutting was all done by BPT323 (he did 2 other heads with some AMAZING results)

the crank lighten was 200 for the first 2 hrs so 100hr then he charged me for 1.2hrs on top so the total for the crank was $320.00

ballance was included in the assembly fee that was 120.00

bore & hone was 55 for all 4! yes all 4

clean was 80.00

and i provided him with new valve seals and he also put the springs and keepers in so that was like 30 bucks.

I will edit this this is what i remember off the top of my head so check back on thursday i should have this updated to the point of how much each was.
                              91' Miata - SOLD
                              sigpic

Comment

those're pretty good prices, I think. I can't remember how much it was to have my 4AGE bored/honed and the crank polished and the rotating assembly balanced. I'm pretty sure I paid over 1k for everything, but that's also including parts (new pistons/rings, valves, bronze guides, seals, bearings, etc.) I had them balance it also, but I did the final assembly on my own. My place did the same with the block. no new frost plugs or cleaning the outside to bare metal. but it was fully degreased, so I cleaned it up with a wire wheel as best I could, and painted it myself.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                                X