No announcement yet.

My Full Build Progress FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Stevo, did you get that pacesetter shifter from Scott?
    1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

nice progress man. i hope you get this done soon so we all can njoy some vids
      Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
      99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
      01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Originally posted by Crazypunkerguy View Post
        Looking good Stevo, did you get that pacesetter shifter from Scott?
        I don't remember who its been sitting in ryans basement for over a yr lol

Originally posted by wgnths View Post
        nice progress man. i hope you get this done soon so we all can njoy some vids
        yes i should have it ready on the road hopefully thurs maybe even tomorrow?! all depends on when my calipers show up
        My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
        New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
        91' Miata - SOLD
        93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
        Mods: Protege:
        Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
        Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
        Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
        Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
        sigpic

Comment

last weekend i installed the LED wing and it went alright!

the last picture was my old trunk lid and thats what i figured out where the holes had to be drilled
          Attached Files
          91' Miata - SOLD
          Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
          Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
          Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
          Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
            I cant believe the machine shop did not clean the outside of the engine block and put new plugs. I would not have cut the crankshaft, but its not my block.
            They did clean it! lol thats the rust they didn't BLAST it, That is what a clean block UN-BLASTED looks like I ended up painting it with VHT black 1600 but doubt that will last lol
            91' Miata - SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

Need IDEA'S!!! pleasee

Bad news me and BPT323 went to start it yesterday and everything is fine right turns over has spark gets plenty of fuel.
              WELL NO TRY TO GO like no pop ****in so we do a piggy back we know his harness works fine so use his main harness and piggy back my fuel pump and still no go. Time to do a compression test to make sure its ok.

on top of that my 460's could be stuck open which i deem impossible due to they just got cleaned and flow tested. The car would try to fire when the Intake cam was almost 180 degrees and when it was corrected all this above happened and we get NOTHING anyone have any ideas of any sort of what could be the issue?

i swear we TRIED everything made sure the rotor in the disty was right, made sure we had spark, made sure timing was correct, made sure fuel was there, made sure the vaf was good. what else can we do the ecu works in bpt323's car so we know thats good! ARG this is soooo fustrating

i can't believe it i just want this dam thing running, over 5 grand into this and now this ****!! GRRRR
              Last edited by madtownmazda; 09-23-2010, 11:18 AM.
              91' Miata - SOLD
              sigpic

Comment

**** man! that sux.... if you 2 couldnt figure it, i hope someone on here can come forward and help.
                Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

lifted ground somewhere? bent pin? one forgotten connection somewhere?

I dunno. I hope you find the issue easily!

Comment

yeah im going to pull the harness tomorrow and look at everything! then im going to attach more grounds!
                    91' Miata - SOLD
                    sigpic

Comment

i can only assume that i need more ground it fired like i said with the cam 180 though so it just doesn't make sense to fire that way but not the right way lol
                      91' Miata - SOLD
                      sigpic

Comment

oh also replaced the coil,and the little 2 wire resistor still no change
                        91' Miata - SOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

fuel pump relay, or should I say, "Circuit Opening Relay"? It'll run the pump under 'start' but won't keep going in 'run' unless it's hooked up right. That's one of the three wires I had to connect for my wagon to run, in addition to the coil/igniter wire and the tach.

Just throwing thing out, hoping one will trigger an 'oh yeah!'

--sarge

Comment

Double-check that the spark plug wires are in the right order at the disty. Also make sure that the dowel pin in the cam is in the right slot in the cam gear.

--Ferdi
                            If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                            -----
                            Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                            Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                            Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
                              Double-check that the spark plug wires are in the right order at the disty. Also make sure that the dowel pin in the cam is in the right slot in the cam gear.

--Ferdi
                              can it go 180? thought it could only go in one way. Also the plug wires are for sure in the right order. it has spark just doesn't try to fire off it like basicly floods itself.
                              91' Miata - SOLD
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                                fuel pump relay, or should I say, "Circuit Opening Relay"? It'll run the pump under 'start' but won't keep going in 'run' unless it's hooked up right. That's one of the three wires I had to connect for my wagon to run, in addition to the coil/igniter wire and the tach.

Just throwing thing out, hoping one will trigger an 'oh yeah!'

--sarge
                                the pump is on its getting plenty of fuel and we know its getting spark just not sure man this think is driving us NUTS!
                                91' Miata - SOLD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X