My Full Build Progress FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madtownmazda View Post
    can it go 180? thought it could only go in one way. Also the plug wires are for sure in the right order. it has spark just doesn't try to fire off it like basicly floods itself.
    Not 180°, but it could be 60° or 120° off. The cam gears have two slots for the dowel pin (some even have three). The intake cam needs to be in the slot aligned with the 'I' and the exhaust in the slot aligned with the 'E'. If it didn't have multiple slots, Mazda would have to make specific gears for each cam.

--Ferdi
    Last edited by ftjandra; 09-23-2010, 08:28 PM.
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
      Not 180°, but it could be 60° or 120° off. The cam gears have two slots for the dowel pin (some even have three). The intake cam needs to be in the slot aligned with the 'I' and the exhaust in the slot aligned with the 'E'. If it didn't have multiple slots, Mazda would have to make specific gears for each cam.

--Ferdi
      OH i thought you were talking about the disty sorry yes ryan did the timing and he says there in the right spot.
      My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
      New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
      91' Miata - SOLD
      93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
      Mods: Protege:
      Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
      Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
      Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
      Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
      sigpic

Comment

I is I E is E crank is @ TDC......... yet it spins over sounding as if there is no compression
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Makes me wonder about valve/tappet clearance to the cam lobes. Granted, HLA's should make it right, but if the stem height is too big, the valves could be not closing all the way. And being a non-interference engine, you can't tell.

Have you done a compression check?

--sarge

Comment

we haven't done one yet sarge...... & come to think of it. steve did lose some valves & we purchased replacements...... however we never compared the old ones to the new ones side/side to see if any were longer........

compression check is needed
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

im getting one today and going to test them if thats the issue i found the old valves and im going to take the head off and then have those 4 put back in, although back on page 1 looking at the head I CAN"T TELL what ones were the new ones ****ty but they all look like they are sealing, im going to try like i said puting more ground to the motor then if that doesn't change anything im going to do the compression test.
              Last edited by madtownmazda; 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM.
              91' Miata - SOLD
              Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
              Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
              Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
              Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
              sigpic

Comment

these are the pistons i used so i hope these rings that wisco supplied aren't screwed
                Attached Files
                91' Miata - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

if at least ONE cylinder has compression, it should at least pop a little bit. wouldn't it?

--sarge

Comment

Originally posted by madtownmazda View Post
                    these are the pistons i used so i hope these rings that wisco supplied aren't screwed
                    What?

What is the compression?

Are you getting spark?

Is the timing belt installed correctly?

Have you checked (if you have a AFM) if the unit is getting power and is working properly?

Back to basics, and by the way, have you swapped the ECU?

Comment

im guessing you're running the bp26 ecu? what about trying to hook up the n/a ecu to see if it'll pull any codes???

i had issues with my 323 due to a bad distributor, changed it and still wouldnt start, turned out to be fuel lines were crossed lol. so don't sweat it man!

you've spent this much time and effort on the engine! now you just have to spend some time to get her running! don't think of it as this POS won't run! Think of it as my ****ing sweet mazda needs some more time to get everything in tune so you can ass rape other cars!!!! hahaha.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

checked the fuel line order
                        tried 4 ecu's
                        there is spark, so i can't see it being a faulty distributer.
                        timing is spot on

Comment

ok, ECU is good, you got spark, compression is good ???!

Piston compression...?????? At least 140 or so

Lets pinpoint this sucker for good, so AFM is ok, fuel lines check.

What about fuel pressure?

The car is suppose to start with 3 cylinders, I have done it, how, unplug one plug cable to test.

You state disty is good, if all cables have spark then disty is good.

I got a 220,000 miles Scort, that shyt runs as long as fuel, timing, spark combine.
                          Last edited by psiturbo; 09-24-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

heres where the cams and crank are set on N/A with the exintake
                            Attached Files
                            91' Miata - SOLD
                            sigpic

Comment

Ferdi sent me this so!!! i think i figured it out!!!
                              Attached Files
                              91' Miata - SOLD
                              sigpic

Comment

think i figured it out me and bpt323 when i first turbo'd the car with the exintake cam we had to make new marks on the cam gears since if you take an exhaust cam and put it in the intake look at the loabs there the SAME so i needed to flip it almost 180 degrees not quite tho heres the marks we made!

also more pics but computer is being a

last pic is for Ferdi There ya go! show ya what i mean?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by madtownmazda; 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM.
                                91' Miata - SOLD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X