No announcement yet.

My 91' AWD Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad ball joint on the drivers side... Problem gone although I ripped my upper strut mount trying to separate the ball joint ugh

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

How did you do that? I usually have to pull the axle out of the hub and use a pitman arm puller on the ball joint.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

time for some camber plates then right????
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Normally I just use a long bar to pry down on the LCA which does put a lot of stress on the upper strut mount

So technically it's my own fault lol oh well... Like Ryan said, seems like a great time for an upgrade

I'm just getting done pulling the spoiler, I actually like it better this way

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Which spoiler did you have?
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

Comment

Oh. Yeah I like the earlier one better.
                1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

Ugh.... Clutch blew

I'm getting sick of working on this thing all the time....

Comment

Clutch or just hydraulics??

Comment

It's the clutch itself...

When it's running and in gear, it won't move... You can tell it trys to move but the clutch is just slipping that badly

It's really weird because up until it blew, it felt like a good solid clutch so I'm really surprised it happened

Comment

Well this thing has been sitting long enough with a dead clutch so it was time to fix it today

Tearing it apart, I seen this and thought I had an animal or something

Then I realized it was my clutch....

If you're gunna break it, break it well lmao

And an empty engine bay pic

I have the new clutch installed, engine bolted back in, just need to hook up the electrical and get the rad in, intake plumbing etc... Maybe an hours work left to having it driving.... Again....

Comment

What do you feed that thing. I would work very well either crapping out hair balls.

Comment

My 91' AWD Protege

Usually some kibbles n' bits but last time I drove it I tried feeding it live birds but it made the car vomit out the clutch lol
                            Last edited by Damkid; 06-01-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I hope you put in a decent clutch this time & not some organic crapshoot
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Centreforce dual friction clutch

Comment

Working...
                                X