No announcement yet.

Robs BP GTR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've been doing some research and I've decided to use a honda b series manifold and simply chop off the bseries flange and weld on a BP flange. I've downloaded some CAD files and compared everything and heres some info in case any of you are interested in doing it in the future.

Exhaust Port Spacing = EPS [Distance between exhaust ports]
    Exhaust Port Horizontal = EPH [Exhaust port diameter horizontally]

BP -> EPS = 43.037mm = 1.655"
    EPH = 48.895mm = 1.925"

B16/B20/etc -> EPS = 1.16150"
    EPH = 1.9190"

Therefore, difference in EPS is 0.04" and difference in EPH is 0.006"

Soooo it should work easily enough with the chopping of the flanges and welding of the other flange!

Comment

Sooo I installed the new VC due to how excited I was to not be working on my stupid K8.

Car is almost complete and ready to roll. All I need to do is splice my oil pressure and wideband gauges 12v source as well as find a 92-93RS gauge cluster to have a proper tach. Maybe tomorrow if I"m feeling adventurous I'll toss some fluids in and turn that sucker over but I doubt it.

Comment

it looks good!! now to just pull that ****ty timing cover & backing plate off
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Did you notice the SOHC spark plug wires Ryan? :D Backing plate will be pulled off along with timing cover when I swap over my fancy cam gears. I'm 50 percent sure that i'm on the wrong stroke for the engine to not start so I'm gonna wait till then before changing them out. Not sure how to make a timing mark that I can actually be able to see haha.

Comment

^hahaha, nope i totally spaced out on the SOHC wires.......... been drinking a bit myself
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

The price for the SOHC wires was reeeaaallly good so I didn't get the right ones after mistakingly buying them. If they don't work out I'll get proper ones but I"m sure I'll be fine. I was gonna pull out the plugs and properly regap them today but I accidentally dropped a turbo on my foot and now walking isn't a great time, I did do some interior work with some wiring and panel installing and I accidentally tried starting the car without paying attention(hunting for a 12v source) and it turns out the engine turns over whwich is good I guess, I was very worried about my wiring. Need to throw in some oil and coolant tomorrow because I NEED to start this thing, it's driving me nuts.

Comment

Car is damn close to running, put some conventional oil in for break in(lube and such is in there right now, wanna wash it all out before putting in the good stuff), topped off the coolant for the time being(will most likely have room for more once I run it) and pulled and corrected the gaps on my plugs. Gaps ranged from 0.13" to 0.20" and I managed to get a nice picture for once so I thought I'd share.

Went and bought a funnel because I do not want to waste any of this gear oil, ****s expensive yo. Just need to get the gear oil in tomorrow morning then turn the key, fingers crossed!

Comment

what plugs are you using???

Comment

These are the BKR7Es that came with this BP, they had no miles on them just a bunch of idling so I figured I'd just try them since they're still quite clean and new looking. If they aren't good enough I'll just pop those suckers out and gap those brand new ones I have, like ****, I only bought 44 of them.

Comment

So I went down to picknpull this morning after finding out they had a 93 RS. Scored myself a hatch garnish(for my MS spoiler), MX-3 side sills(already had a set but rare enought htat the 16 bucks I paid for em made them worth it) and a manual cluster(FINALLY!).

Mother nature has decided it doesn't want this car to run because it is pouring rain out here, picknpull was disastrous with the mud and water there and I hydroplaned the whole way home, not sure if I can get much work done till it subsides. Need to do my cluster conversion then gear oil in and I'm firing her up.

Also spotted an MX-3 at the parking lot from behind, chatted with the owner then when leaving noticed he drove there with no hood on. Oh and did I mention it's PISSING down rain out there? It wouldn't surprise me if he blows his main fuse when starting it up from the pooled water on his battery.

Comment

Raw dogging it, no backing plate or covers for this guy.

Comment

atta boy

NW MAZDAS

Comment

The gif in your sig has inspired me haha.

Soo the car isn't getting fuel, I'm pretty sure the fuel relay by my ECU is pooched, looking for a known functioning one to pop in and double check, one of my buddies will be bringing his by hopefully.

Untill then however I'm going to make myself a sheet metal spark plug wire cover but I'm unsure what i would use to hold it down as there is nowhere for me to bolt it down if I want to make it flush with the VC. I'm considering putting a recessed bit to bolt to where the spark plug wire clips in to, anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Have you tried just jumpering the fuel pump relay. I ran a car like that (fed from ON/Crank) for years.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2
                              sigpic
                              1992 Familia GT-X
                              1988 323 GTX
                              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Jumping the relay eh? Could you elaborate a bit please? Pretty big noob here.

Comment

Working...
                                X