No announcement yet.

Probe GT engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the 2.0l, as for power differences the 2.5 has more torque (165ft) and 160hp, yet the 2.0l has more hp at 170hp and 145ft of torque, really it all depends on what you want to do in the long run either turbo or n/a, as for the swapping of the brakes, if you really wanted bigger brakes man you just swap the rotors over from the mx3 and you'll be fine its not worth swapping over the whole front suspension and brake system off the probe more money that doesn't need to be spent, if anything jus use cross drilled rotors or slotted, yuh your right gro it is wider, but you know what i'm fine the way i am IMO, car handles great, and stops fine
    92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

because the v6 mx3 is a 3plug wiring harness, the 4cyl is a 2plug
      92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

the control arms and motion ratios are slightly different.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

ill ask tha man who did the swap first hand.... i want the 2.5L V6 Motor.....if my understandings are right thats the Probe gt motor.....if yes what years??.....next....what wiring harnes/ECU/Axles/Crossmember do i want? and what years will i find it in?....THANX TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE ANSWERED ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS!
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

to be honest i couldnt care less about a little loss in handeling.....i dont race in curvs only straight lines....
            Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

alright redfox, here we go, i'm telling you how i did my swap, the probe gt engine or mxg engine you want between the years 93-95, since the 96-97 used a different ecu and are obd2, doesn't matter wheather its from a prbe or mx6 its the same thing just along the years i listed, you want the wiring harness out of a mx3gs(vg model) year doesn't matter on that one, now the driveshafts you want it from a 93-95 mx3 v6, i tried the other years but had trouble with fitment and for some reason the 93-95 fit perfect, now the crossmember you want it also from any mx3gs model doesn't matter the year, after that your set, tranny wise i used the probe since i heard the mx3 tranny had shorter gears, now for the comeputer and stuff which ever car you take the 2.5l engine from, also take the ecu and air flow meter, and after that your set to go, if you need any other info or got any other questions email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

mx3 & probe tranny are completely identical including ratios and bellhousings
                93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

well i dunno i was told differently thats why, ah who cares which ever one you can get your hands on get it, get the whole engine with tranny together saves time

Comment

thanx for ALL your help guys!