No announcement yet.

Insane Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was featured in one of the latest Grassroots Motorsports, as somebody mentioned.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeee Haw! I think I will start drawing up the plans...says here that they used the whole subframe and just widened the rear to accomodate it...
      "An item on the top of every SHO owner's wishlist is a SHOgun. The 8 SHOguns in existence were created by a northern California company and were based off of a modified Festiva frame. Bill decided to re-create his own. Using a Festiva frame and body, the subframe from a SHO is welded into the rear. The festiva retains the SHO's suspension, requiring the use of rear fender flares. The stock fuel tank is dropped in favor of a fuel cell, which rests where the small displacement 4 cylinder used to. Performance numbers for this car are staggering. While a stock SHO in good condition will turn a mid fifteen second quarter mile, the SHOguns can do that same distance in about eleven and a half seconds."

Now I am wondering how this would handle in a Sprint body...but then again, the Prote handles so well I am betting I could buy a gutted body and do this without much widening....it brings up a lot of questions, but man what a project...
      Just tryinng to make a roachclip racer!
      Go Fast Drive Well Die Old!

Comment

just thought a little pic might help...lol
        Attached Files

Comment

so from eut i understand is that the "shogun" was acctually made by a company and was for sell to whoever had the cash
          i is dumb

Comment

you had to buy both a festiva and a Taurus to do the swap with, then pay the company to accomplish the task...ended up at some 47,000 dollars for a tiny supercar...

Comment

Hey while I am at this, anyone close to AZ know where I can pick up an empty protege body? Preferably with suspension and wheels intact...no engine or trans necessary, or even an interior...This by the way is now way off topic...lol

Comment

well maybe not...still talking about an insane swap arent we?

Comment

I like the idea of a MR SHOPro or would tha be ProSHO. either way it would be col as hell

Comment

It would have to be a mid engine though right? I dont know how it would fit... MASSIVE COWL HOOD... ha ha ha... yay
                    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Its still in consideration, I think I will go with a Protege and do the mid-engine thing....if for no other reason than to say i built it. First though, I have to find a shell to start on. I am not hacking up mine for this frankenSHO project....

Comment

Why hasnt anyone said anything about this... holy crap...

If your thinking Protege... why not maybe a 323 body???

I mean, I love me some proteges, but a 323 would be a little lighter, and also may make fitting that huge SHO engine in there simular to the festiva, you know hatchback and all... (Its a 3.0, but that sucker looks huge) It's all about the principle though. PROSHO/SHOPRO sounds better anyway!!!

OMG, did you hear what 'bbthum' said???:
                        not putting it in a festiva...I wanna put it in the rear of a Sprint now...but seriously...its a great engine here...the Yamaha 3.2, not the little 3 liter in the newer ones...I would like to see that festiva though, just out of curiousity...
                        I haven't done my SHO research for a while, but I could have sworn all 89-91 & 92-95's (1st and 2nd gens) had the Yamaha made 3.0L, except for the SHOplus... and all the ****ty 3rd gens (96-99) had crappy american made 3.2's... all the third gens were auto's too which = P.U. but their luxury packages were legit.

Might want to check me on that one bia bias
                        Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-25-2003, 02:04 AM.

Comment

My bad! You are right about that...lol. It is a Yamaha 3.0 not the 3.2, I was mistaken. Although it is the good one not the later model...I was under the impression that the late models were 3.0 and the Yammer Hammers were 3.2, but I were misleaded

Comment

the sedan had a larger volume to work with than the 323, and concisering you will need to move the gas tank, a sedan will be a better platform to build off of.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Yup. that is exactly why I am considering it. Also, no offense to anyone intended, but I am not 323 fan, its not that I don't like them, just not my style...don't be hurt guys, cuz i love to see any vehicle get treated right and fixed up proper and custom...what I tell people is, "if it has an engine, I can dig it"...but the protege has the right dimensions to start with, I won't have to do quite the same amount of modifying, and it will "look stock" when i am through with it. Just as soon as I get started paying off Christmas I can start the real planning stages. Up till now it's just been passing ideas around, but i am getting revved up to lay down some cash now...

Comment

Awwww man... I would have donated my SHO engine to you if I would have kept it... ****.... Keep us posted... This is the best of both worlds for me.... sigh...

Peace Homie,
                                "MeeN"

Comment

Working...
                                X