miata pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike323
    OK, the intake cam closes 3 degrees later, hence bringing peak hp about 200-250rpms furter.

Where do you get 18 degrees difference, can't you tell there's a mistake, The B6 exhaust cam has (180+53+18 = 248 duration) and the BP exhaust cam has (180+56+14 = 250 duration). Also Mazda calculates advertised duration at 0.004" and not 0.003", not that it makes any difference.
    My fault...I misread the page myself.

Also engine with shorter stroke to bore ratio tend to produce hp at higher rpms hence the B6 creating better high end results over the BP engine.
    umm, the B6 is much more undersquare than the BP, so I fail to miss your point. Big oversquare motors usually produce big top end power...

Anyway, this discussion is useless, since B6 stuff doesn't interchange with BP stuff, due to the engine physically being longer.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Even TODA says that something as big as their 272 intake cams won't effect idling...

I'd deal with a 1000 rpm lopey idle... that's totally streetable to me. It's upto preference...
      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        http://www.todaracing.com/products/m...s_18specs.html

Even TODA says that something as big as their 272 intake cams won't effect idling...

I'd deal with a 1000 rpm lopey idle... that's totally streetable to me. It's upto preference...
        You need to understand that the closing point of the intake cams is the most important valve timming event. Closing the intake valve late will reduce your built pressure hence affect low end power and idle. If you install a regrinded 272 degree intake cam without without an adjustable cam gear your idle should be close to 1200rpms.

I offer two grinds:

0.352" lift, 202 deg @ 0.050", 247 deg @ 0.004" &
        0.353" lift, 209 deg @ 0.050", 259 deg @ 0.004
        92 323 with BP DOHC
        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Toda's stuff aren't regrinds...
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Good luck finding TODA cams, you might wait 3 months and then they'll tell you that it might take even longer. OH, did you see how much they're asking for their cams.

I only charge $200US + shipping to regrind both of your cams. This will be the best $200 you'll ever invest in your BP DOHC engine.
            92 323 with BP DOHC
            ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Good luck finding TODA cams, you might wait 3 months and then they'll tell you that it might take even longer. OH, did you see how much they're asking for their cams.

I only charge $200US + shipping to regrind both of your cams. This will be the best $200 you'll ever invest in your BP DOHC engine.
              can u source bpde cams?

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                can u source bpde cams?
                I have an extra set of BP DOHC cams, but I'm going to charge you $100 extra, once I get your stock BP DOHC cams then I can refund you the $100.
                92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

werd...if u could grind em, i could mail u mine when ur done, and hten u mail back...so theres little down time

Comment

Anyone know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

just had to get something in that didnt have anything to do with cams on a piston question post
                    94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Comment

Originally posted by websurfer970
                      Anyone know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

just had to get something in that didnt have anything to do with cams on a piston question post
                      post whore jk

Comment

I know...lol
                        94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Comment

200 dollars for mediocre results...

There's a reason why the TODA pieces are so pricey. They routinely prove to provide great gains, great reliability, and are being used on some of the fastest cars out there...
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

200 dollars for mediocre results...

There's a reason why the TODA pieces are so pricey. They routinely prove to provide great gains, great reliability, and are being used on some of the fastest cars out there...
                            Why are you on my back all the time???

Look, go to ProbeTalk.com and perform a search for cams, in ProbeTalk(PT) I go under the name "mikeseli", everybody that has received cams from me was happy with the results. How can state an opinion without seeing results?

If you want toda cams go get toda cams, two years ago my friend with my miata was waiting 4 months for his cams so he cancelled the order. With me you get a product and service and it takes me 2 days to regrind your cams and another 3-5 days for shipping. Johnny (my miata buddy with a 1.6L) produced 13whp more with my grind and his idle was not affected, how can you beat that for those streetperformance.
                            92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Why are you on my back all the time???

Look, go to ProbeTalk.com and perform a search for cams, in ProbeTalk(PT) I go under the name "mikeseli", everybody that has received cams from me was happy with the results. How can state an opinion without seeing results?

If you want toda cams go get toda cams, two years ago my friend with my miata was waiting 4 months for his cams so he cancelled the order. With me you get a product and service and it takes me 2 days to regrind your cams and another 3-5 days for shipping. Johnny (my miata buddy with a 1.6L) produced 13whp more with my grind and his idle was not affected, how can you beat that for those streetperformance.
                              a) Been on PT for 18 months, hang out mostly in the suspension/racing forum. Have read your results with the KLs, and talked at length to my good friend David Coleman about the whole deal.

b) "how can you beat that for those streetperformance."

Right here... this is it.

I think you can beat it because I DON'T think you need to retain a stock idle. I'd love to have a lopey little idle at 900 rpm or similar. Who cares about idle? It doesn't bother me. I'll take the performance advantage way before I start worrying about idle.

Oh my, it stalled once every 6 months while sitting at a stoplight. COOL!

My issue is that while you are doing a good service, your offerings are too mild for MY TASTE. I'm trying to push you to make something a bit wilder. I'd actually like to see someone with a NA Protege have some decent goals. Nobody has even tried in at least 2 years. Donnie was the last, but unfortunately, he realized a bit too late that you cannot run 11.5:1, Gude cams, and a worked head with a bone stock ECU. (dumb)

If I was going to build up a BP, it's going to get crazy cams, redline at 8200 rpm, have a static CR of ~ 13:1 because the cams would be taking away so much dynamically, and have the heads majorly worked, Endyn pistons on stock rods with ARP hardware, etc.

My goals aren't for 140 whp....they are for 170+ whp... That's my thing, that's what I like, that's what I find fun.

Of course, I've moved past the thought of building a NA BP monster. This is because I've found something better....the 2.2L K8 monster 9500 rpm, here I come....eventually
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

a) Been on PT for 18 months, hang out mostly in the suspension/racing forum. Have read your results with the KLs, and talked at length to my good friend David Coleman about the whole deal.

Cool, you know David Coleman. He's a great guy. I have lots of respect for this guy.
                                92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X