Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well looks like im gonna find me a 323 hood/grill, since mine are all dented up anyway....

Comment

it's amazing how well they follow the hood line...almost looks good enough to get a slanted hood

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
        it's amazing how well they follow the hood line...almost looks good enough to get a slanted hood
        i agree! that is hot!

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
          i agree! that is hot!
          But then youd lose the cf one! (I guess it doesn't fit rite anyhow )
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

lol it fits good enough

Comment

how are they with alignment?
              94 Black Pro LX
              Borbet Type B
              Headlight Conversion
              MX3 Seats
              K&N Cone Filter

92 Blue Pro DX
              Spoiler
              Cone Filter
              Shaved Rain Gutters

Comment

those be tiitiiie yo
                93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

please answer a few questions for those of us interested in attempting such a modification. it's clear only the 323 and 94 could benefit from this without new hood and grille. but here are the specific questions i have.
                  what year mitsubishi mirage headlights did you use?
                  i'm showing results that 1997 to 2002 models have the same part numbers..
                  even so, these headlights are available aftermarket wise for around 185 ... http://www.streetstyler.com/95-00Mit...Headlights.htm
                  in two seperate stylees mind you.
                  also, ebay listings around 120 for a set

the biggest thing:
                  I just cut the light and bent the brackets because just in case I wanted to put my old lights back on. Your going to have to cut the light on the side were the side marker goes because the projector comes with brackets molded on and screws for the Mirage. Cut that and make your own brackets cause the light is pretty big. I had to do alot of test fitting.
                  i get that you made a custom bracket.. but what did you use? just heavily modify the mirage bracket, use the protege's bracket and modify it.. make an entirely new one? what materials did you use for this retrofitting?

and also, how strong the mounting.. in otherwords, if you push it in with your hand, is anything going to break (in otherwords would it stand to normal wear and tear)?

thanks for reading my usually long ass post, holla
                  peace
                  and picture of alternate style
                  Attached Files

Comment

good question!! answer??

Comment

One more question... Are the mirage headlights (whatever years we can use) the 9004 bulb or the H4? I'm assuming they're 9004 since you didn't mention cutting the wiring harness.

They are really hot. Might not be as bright as the e-specs but they are damnnnnnnn fine!
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

The lights come with the bulbs & wiring and relay when you buy them. Two lights on the outer side are for driving. The ones in the middle are long lights. Also the angel eye parking lights.
                        I bought those lights because I was tired of polishing my lights cause they always turned yellow and the glass ones run about the same price. I really wanted JDM headlightS & corners.
                        The light is bigger then factory. The factory housing I couldn't use it. I modifiied it to be stiff. Everyone who sees it on the street. The first think they do is try to push em in. I used that Craftman cutting little drill.
                        Last edited by foreword; 12-11-2003, 02:07 PM.
                        own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

I have been following his install on mazda323performance.
                          This will be one of my next mods.
                          It looks so damn hot bro....
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Im soooo glad i bought a 94... Add it to the mods...

Also Ladies and Gentlemen... i believe that the lights are for the 4 door (97-02) only... the 2 doors look a little different.. Peace... and about the install ---

How to maybe???
                            Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-11-2003, 06:18 PM.
                            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by foreword
                              Some customizing and patience.I just cut the light and bent the brackets because just in case I wanted to put my old lights back on. Your going to have to cut the light on the side were the side marker goes because the projector comes with brackets molded on and screws for the Mirage. Cut that and make your own brackets cause the light is pretty big. I had to do alot of test fitting.
                              I have a concern with this...

Looking at the picture, it looks like the aiming of those lights are -way- off and are pointed more towards the middle of the car.

I want to be able to see the road, not just look cool. :\

Bryan
                              MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                              Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

I feel you... but when I look at them... my feces ecapes me

I'm kinda salty though, how's he gon' come on here and show em off... but not give a good explanation on how to do it... I found another place where they can be purchased a little cheaper, they are $104 here... and I think its about 30 bones to ship...

I wasnt going to tell... but... I didn't want to be an ass hole. Anyway... if you guys order them and install them... yall better be sharing the Phucking wealth on how you put them mother phuckas in... Details hoes.. Dont be a lil bitch!

Its called "SHOW and TELL", we learned it in 1st grade.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-11-2003, 07:41 PM.
                                1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                                1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                                2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                                2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
                                X