Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today im replacing my lower radiator hose, doubt its worth mentioning, but it should go fine, wondering if i need anything special to get that plastic cover off the bottom of my car. thats my only not sure yet thing.
    Eat the Insane Root.

Comment

nah just a screw driver
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

ITS alive & kicking....

let the pictures do the justice...
        Attached Files
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

lol I read your BOOM thread. Did you polish the housing? Man...when I get the cash I plan to do a complete rebuild on the pro. Bastard posting those pictures tempting me. I had plans to turbo it, but I think I'll just keep stock as a DD.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

haha you like that eh? me too now none of my gears grind its so wonderful... having a good tranny back
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

how long did it take you to do that? you make it look like it only took a couple of minutes. pull the engine, slap on the new tranny... and we're all done. no biggie

Comment

What I did today:
                Oil change with Auto-Rx, rotated tires, replaced valve cover with cracked valve cover , and checked the brakes over.

Things I found that were interesting:
                The two nuts that attach to the spindle to the strut were missing..... and so the spindle was only being held to the strut via the bolts. Only had one of the nuts on hand so I'll have to run to the hardware store or AutoZone and snag a nut. Ohhh that sounded dirty :suckie:

The bolts that keep the two halves of the front calipers together were really loose; in fact I backed them out by hand. I had been getting a weird clunk on light brake pressure my guess is that's what was causing it. Tightened them back up, but I could not find torque specifics for these in the FSM. They are not the bolts that attach the calipers to the front spindles, but the bolts that keep the caliper together. If anybody knows what ft-lbs they should be shoot me a PM please. Sucks, on one of the calipers the SS brake line goes right across the bolt so I can't get the torque wrench in there, but luckily it was the one bolt that I couldn’t loosen by hand.

I was going to put some Auto-Rx in the transmission, but I got lazy and decided to do it on the fourth.

I also ordered the Fumoto valve adapter as the oil pan has a recess and the standard Fumoto valve won't go in all the way and I had to buy a new drain plug as I couldn’t find my original and I didn’t want to put the crappy Fram sure-drain back in.

TBD:
                Install Fumoto valve, replace spark plugs, and clean and re-gasket my old cover. While I trust what the guys are saying I figure it can't hurt to have a spare in case the crack grows.

Yeah not nearly as cool as rebuilding a transmission, but that's what I did.
                2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Ryan, your tranny looks awesome!

Today, I put front sway bar endlinks, bronzoil shifter bushings, and did a secondary ignition tune-up on my sister's '93 Protege LX.

Comment

how long did it take you to do that? you make it look like it only took a couple of minutes. pull the engine, slap on the new tranny... and we're all done. no biggie
                    Its my job to make it look easy..... to me itis

Comment

Somebody is going to die!

I started my car this morning for work and found egg all over the hood and windshield, all over the wipers and down in the cowling.

Man that **** is hard to clean off.

Comment

What I did yesterday: Autocrossed it down at Lake Geneva WI, took first place in my class, and blew the passenger side axle about 20-30 feet before the finish line on my winning run.

Got a new one this morning, now I've got to drive down and slap the new one in.

--sarge

Comment

wash, wax on, wax off.
                          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                            Its my job to make it look easy..... to me itis
                            having the right tools goes along way.

I see your tranny cooler
                            Last edited by 92dx; 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM.
                            DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                              I started my car this morning for work and found egg all over the hood and windshield, all over the wipers and down in the cowling.

Man that **** is hard to clean off.
                              a little history, egg yolk was used as a binder in early paints.
                              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

muhahah

Comment

Working...
                                X