This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
    Pic installed in other Pro. and the carpet is the same as the pro just in black. Well almost the same. I have found that the MX-3 floor pan is slightly shallower in some spots and slightly deeper in other spots. I like the MX-3 center console alot more than the Protege partially because of the doublr din radio slots. I will get more pics of it installed in the auto Pro.

Starting to think about installing the MX-3 dash now.

So does the carpet wrinkle in places, or does it fit perfectly?

I also heard that it was more fluffy, is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      I figgured you'd say something like that.

Who's the lazy bastard now, like it's really hard to loosen a drain plug.

That is just begging to be bottomed out, or be opened in the middle of the night by someone who doesn't like you.
      Bottom out and I haven't even put up a picture? If I piss off somebody enough that they wish to empty my oil pan they would have to bring a socket set anyway, I don't drive around with a sign on the back that says "fumoto valve owner". Plus I can snap a 5/32" hose clamp over the lever for added insurance that requires a beefy pair of pliers to remove if I was in the habit of pissing people off.
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
        I got another oil pan this morning at the junkyard! Looks pretty good...doesn't look like it has that same spot where Ryan put his oil fitting but it's got a circle smooth part with an indent in the center right at the front, I think I'll be using that spot.
        Going to clean it up at work today.
        What are you trying to do with the oil pan? Putting in a sensor?
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
          Bottom out and I haven't even put up a picture? If I piss off somebody enough that they wish to empty my oil pan they would have to bring a socket set anyway, I don't drive around with a sign on the back that says "fumoto valve owner". Plus I can snap a 5/32" hose clamp over the lever for added insurance that requires a beefy pair of pliers to remove if I was in the habit of pissing people off.

"Fumoto valve owner," lol.

I know you own one.

Comment

What are you trying to do with the oil pan? Putting in a sensor?
            Oil return line for the turbo.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Oil return line for the turbo.
              ahh, makes sense.
              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                "Fumoto valve owner," lol.

I know you own one.
                and thank god you are a good 20+hrs away from me .
                2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Road trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    Road trip!
                    ahh you bastage..........I'll lie in wait with my gun
                    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Just let me know when you put fresh Mobil 1 in your car. :D

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Just let me know when you put fresh Mobil 1 in your car. :D
                        I don't use mobile 1 anymore.
                        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Changed my heater core today 5.5hrs. Alot easier than i thought. No more antifreeze smell inside the car!
                          93 323 LX
                          99 Protege LX Touring Edition.

Comment

replaced the negative battery cable(poor connection)
                            woo hoo!
                            Chris
                            94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                            2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                            -John Wayne
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

Originally posted by Ho
                              So does the carpet wrinkle in places, or does it fit perfectly?

I also heard that it was more fluffy, is this true?
                              It has a slightly higher pile to it. it is nice. the fit around the console has to be modified and finessed some to get it to look right.
                              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Installed New MX-3 intake . This thing makes a mean growl under accelleration.............hott damn I love this intake. Some modifications of the front wheel well is highly recommended to get it to fit properly.
                                I have yet to cut a hole to get it to fit properly.
                                Attached Files
                                c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                                X