Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I changed the fuel hose from the fuel filter to the metal pipe out of necessity. I was wondering why I smelled gas at the stop light..at least the Prot didn't burn to the ground... Im just waiting for the machine shop to call when the block is done...

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
      Installed New MX-3 intake . This thing makes a mean growl under accelleration.............hott damn I love this intake. Some modifications of the front wheel well is highly recommended to get it to fit properly.
      I have yet to cut a hole to get it to fit properly.

So you must have the filter right on the end of the VAF?

Comment

I finally got off my lazy ass and installed the rear MX3 seat, it doesn't fit perfectly, the back and seat don't line-up perfectly, but they still look good, but now there's a 4" gap between the seat back and the rear cargo cover, which I use to hide my stereo setup. I have found a solution though, it's time to order a rear strut tower bar, it'll fit right between the space mentioned above and take care of that ugly gap, yay!

I also took our shampoo'er(that sounds terrible) to the front and rear seats, let me tell you what, I have never seen crap like that, it was the color of chocolate milk, I mean, you could literally poor that crap into a glass and set it on a counter and someone would end up drinking it, it was that brown! I figure one more cleaning and they'll be spotless, but I sweat my ass off enough that day, so I'll wait until it's nicer to clean them again.

That's all for now, oh and Dave if you're reading this, I still want those parts!!!!

Later

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323
          I finally got off my lazy ass and installed the rear MX3 seat, it doesn't fit perfectly, the back and seat don't line-up perfectly, but they still look good, but now there's a 4" gap between the seat back and the rear cargo cover, which I use to hide my stereo setup. I have found a solution though, it's time to order a rear strut tower bar, it'll fit right between the space mentioned above and take care of that ugly gap, yay!

I also took our shampoo'er(that sounds terrible) to the front and rear seats, let me tell you what, I have never seen crap like that, it was the color of chocolate milk, I mean, you could literally poor that crap into a glass and set it on a counter and someone would end up drinking it, it was that brown! I figure one more cleaning and they'll be spotless, but I sweat my ass off enough that day, so I'll wait until it's nicer to clean them again. Later

MMMmmm....chocolate milk.

I know you're not too good with the pics Matt, but I want to see the shampooed seats. Mine are getting dirty, and I want to see how they look compared to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
            Installed New MX-3 intake . This thing makes a mean growl under accelleration.............hott damn I love this intake. Some modifications of the front wheel well is highly recommended to get it to fit properly.
            I have yet to cut a hole to get it to fit properly.
            looking good.

took the car to 120..ssshhhhhhhh
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay
              it was the "fat pig" rota grid 15"x6.5" w/ azenis both weighed around 48lbs. each.
              slowed the car down by 1 sec on the 1/4 mile.

ATF? does it smell? wont u just use the armor all? oh, but then thats gonna be expensive to spray around the entire car.

How did you do the hood again?

All I did was dampen a rag once really well, ring it out and wiped down the entire car. The wipe it again w/a lint free rag and presto! shiny car! And no there isnt any smell afterwards, and no it doesn't mess up you windows if it rains. Just don't get it on the glass, unless you want to do extra cleaning. Also don't rub up against you car for the first few days. And if It gets dusty hose it down, and dry it.
              It wont be as shiny but it wont look faded.

And my hood is spaced buy using a small nut spaced between the hood and the bracket. A longer bolt is required, and no mods to the front bolt.
              I know some people dont like it, but thats there problem.
              Attached Files
              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to try that next wash. I think it looks good Steve.

Comment

installed oil cooler switched to, royal purple installed my sparco seat and hopfully in a week itll go under the gun for some gloss black paint
                  eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell
                    installed oil cooler switched to, royal purple installed my sparco seat and hopfully in a week itll go under the gun for some gloss black paint

Pic of seat?

Comment

eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell

Kinda stands out, but nice seat none the less.

Comment

Are you installing seats for the weight difference or for the comfortability factor? Seems kinda pointless to leave the other seats unchanged if your doing it for weight. :| Guess I answered my own question. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pox
                            Are you installing seats for the weight difference or for the comfortability factor? Seems kinda pointless to leave the other seats unchanged if your doing it for weight. :| Guess I answered my own question. lol
                            people do it like that so their passengers don't have to worry about the hassle of getting in an out of a racing seat.
                            2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Washed the Protege today at work, then realized that my paint is screwed. I don't know why/how, but when I dried it off the paint looked hazy/greasy on the hood...tried body shine, no help. Tried glass cleaner, no good. So I asked my co-worker/friend who knows all about paint issues about it, and he tried to wax the hood with a mix of wax and glaze, and no good. So he told me to claybar the hood/top of the fenders. I did, then waxed it, then glazed it, still screwed to hell. Evidently my clearcoat is almost gone or something, it's just crappy. I ended up using glass cleaner and spraying the whole hood then wiping it clean, and now it looks just like it did before I messed with it.

I should have the car repainted but that costs money and I don't spend money on stuff like that.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                                MMMmmm....chocolate milk.

I know you're not too good with the pics Matt, but I want to see the shampooed seats. Mine are getting dirty, and I want to see how they look compared to yours.
                                Alright, I shot these really quick, so quick I didn't even bother undoing the seatbelts, but you'll get the idea, but keep in mind that I need to shampoo them once more to get the rest of the crap outta the seats. In the dash pic you can also see my new headunit I installed a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for looking.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X