Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered a VCT seal and crank pulley washer today. can't wait to get the new VC and pulleys on the car (whenever they decide to show up).
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

The bpt intake manifold came off and the gtr one went on. While I was in there I couldn't help bt notice the gtr oil cooler is twice as big as the bpt one so I swapped that out as well. The new turbo supposedly shows up tomorrow so the radiator and exhaust manny're comin out in the morning. Then we'll have a muuuch better idea of what a DP is gonna nneed to do to clear that ac pump.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

The current combination of edm headlights, a/c and amp is too taxing for my poor little alternator. Do the big three sometime this week and hope it remedies it so some degree.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I think since the car was last arranged with old football joint parts, changing them used the toe way out- like, you can look at the car from the top side and the LF is toed out extremely far when the leader is directly.

Please make me suggestions and visit here in:
          cheap car hire brisbane
          Last edited by Jahan Kalif; 10-07-2013, 12:30 AM.
          Be yourself and drive and fetch the happiness in your life !

Five Star Car Rentals
          40 French St Eagle Farm QLD 4009, +61 7 5575 5400,
          www.fivestarcarrentals.com.au
          Five Star Car Rentals is your number 1 choice for Brisbane car hire. We are conveniently located only 5 minutes from Brisbane Airport. All sizes of cars, no hidden fees and low insurance excess

Comment

Had the fan fuse blow and cause one of the coolant lines that run from the im to the by pass make a convenient hole. Sourced the issue from a grd and pos melted together.

While doing that, I see that my v belts are starting to crack and my alt is catching the ghost seems like and it is about time for a timing belt replacement after 67xxx miles.

So, who has a kia sephia BP crank and wp pulley they want to sell me so I can go serpentine and install my 100a milli alt? Dont yall pm me at the same time now.
            My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Speedometer stopped working on the highway at ~70mph. Afraid the ****ing gear might of fallen into the trans. Even if it is just a cable it's going to be a fun few weeks of using my phone as a gps speedometer.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                Speedometer stopped working on the highway at ~70mph. Afraid the ****ing gear might of fallen into the trans. Even if it is just a cable it's going to be a fun few weeks of using my phone as a gps speedometer.
                My speedometer has been acting quirky, esp when cold and makes this god awful whining noise and the needle starts jumping. I wonder if its my cable or my cluster.

And Kitty, where did you find that fabric you put on the rear deck?

edit: and Oh. I also need ball joint and outer tie rods. they are completely busted and I have a weird clunk coming from the driver side and i think the driver side axle is now popping under full left lock.

Yayyyyy.
                Last edited by 93BlkOnGreenPro; 10-07-2013, 07:33 PM.
                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
                  My speedometer has been acting quirky, esp when cold and makes this god awful whining noise and the needle starts jumping. I wonder if its my cable or my cluster.

And Kitty, where did you find that fabric you put on the rear deck?
                  Probably, mine had been acting funky for a while as well.

And I just got decent fabric store vinyl.

Oh and found the problem.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	1237669
                  debating getting a $10 diy fix kit, but I don't really see how I could crimp this myself as neither of the fittings are small enough to go though either end and it would have to be crimped internally of the outer-cable to be the correct length.

Local Mazda dealer quoted me $75 for this part. **** Hawaii.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Changed the oil in the DX after putting some Seafoam in a vacuum line. Fun and smoky!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                      Probably, mine had been acting funky for a while as well.

And I just got decent fabric store vinyl.

Oh and found the problem.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]61581[/ATTACH]
                      debating getting a $10 diy fix kit, but I don't really see how I could crimp this myself as neither of the fittings are small enough to go though either end and it would have to be crimped internally of the outer-cable to be the correct length.

Local Mazda dealer quoted me $75 for this part. **** Hawaii.
                      Is that the second piece that goes to the tranny? I know the pro is a two piece cable.

And $75? Check rockauto.com. Imma have to check mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Removed the VJ20 from me new streetcar. Funny, the PO spent *bank* on the engine but left the oe turbo in there. In any case, I'm quiite certain that item ain't s'posed to have a qtr inch of axial shaft play. Well that and the oil is supposed to stay on the inside of the centersection. Now the fun part, making the new snail fit...
                        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

What did you do to your BG(part 8)

Quick question: anyone using the Kia sephia crank and wp pulley? If so, wanna post pics? Something in my head is not adding up on how everything will be inline.

And today, I drove it and the brake light kept coming on under acceleration. brake fluid was low. I thought my ebrake button was sticking again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Kia Sephia bull**** is same as GTR innit? Like, my WP pulley is from an Aspire but IIRC they're the same.

===

replaced the second PCV elbow (the one under the IM). the outer part of the 90-degree bend was collapsed, the inner had a hole in it, and the whole thing was gummed up with oil residue. hoping the new elbow fixes the wonky drivability issues I've been having recently.
                            sigpic

Comment

Drove mine for the first time in a couple of weeks. I stole the boost controller for use on my Jetta, and it feels so slow at 7psi. Still slightly faster than my buddy's 2013 Civic Si. Had some fun on some back roads with him, I can definitely out corner it.
                              sigpic
                              1992 Familia GT-X
                              1988 323 GTX
                              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

7 psi on a VJ20 is like the slowest thing ever haha
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X