Project Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiddX
    guess what, youve got some competition in the fastest n/a protege area... im gonna use the 9.5:1's probably
    That's cool...competition breeds sucess. What mods have you done and how fast are you right now? What else do you have planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
      That's cool...competition breeds sucess. What mods have you done and how fast are you right now? What else do you have planned?
      right now i just intake and a catback, judging by my 1/8 mile times i think i could break a 15.8 or so, and that was with a bad clutch. im going to make my car as fast n/a as i can, and im also making it an Efini Familia clone. im also throwing around the idea of going on the bottle
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

im already fastar and i apparently have more high end? i top out almost 2 mph faster than you

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
          right now i just intake and a catback, judging by my 1/8 mile times i think i could break a 15.8 or so, and that was with a bad clutch. im going to make my car as fast n/a as i can, and im also making it an Efini Familia clone. im also throwing around the idea of going on the bottle
          What's your 1/8 mile times? Mine was 10.3@69.6

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
            im already fastar and i apparently have more high end? i top out almost 2 mph faster than you
            What's with you two? You don't say you're faster, then not tell me what times you got? What's your 1/4 time?

I never claimed I was the fastest yet, but I will be

There's a guy getting 15.3@91.7.

You guys should post your times here too. Everyone should.

Last edited by Gen1GT; 04-26-2004, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambassador
              he's not kidding. I drove his protege and it's sick!!!!!! Hell of a ride!!,, Black one in my sig
              ...and you busted his tranny...
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

first run- 16.0 @ 87.9
                second run- 15.8 @ 88.1

ive posted my times before in threads you have read

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                  ...and you busted his tranny...
                  Speaking of which. I still can't get it into 1st sometimes when I'm stopped, but now I can't get it into second AT ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                    first run- 16.0 @ 87.9
                    second run- 15.8 @ 88.1

ive posted my times before in threads you have read
                    I have a bad memory. Good times though. I was going to head to the track this Saturday, but now that my tranny's ****ed, that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                      There's a guy getting 15.3@91.7.
                      Hey thats me!!! That was with a gtech meter. Im not sure how accurate that is, but I highly doubt that Ill run a 15.3. Maybe a 15.7. I raced a 15 second car, and lost by about a car length. So Im still thinking around 15.7-16. I suppose I should change that!! 15.3
                      Eat ****.

Comment

I kinda wanna run mine just to see what she'll do mostly stock. My protege is my daily driver so i'm keeping the exhaust stock, my CRX is my "drag" car
                        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

i ran 16.0 on a 80 degree day and at sea level...I know that not all my car can go its just that i have a couple of reason y....
                          1st off I cant drive it on the track i get nervous n **** i'd rather take it to the street...
                          2nd my wheels made my car slow big time...
                          3rd was the clutch. Im still u sing the sohc tranny w/ stock clutch thats good for 82CHP when i already have 125 crank hp not including my mods listed below...its like shooting 40-50 shot nos and the clutch cant handle it...

I have already purchased my centerforce clutch w/ 90% holding capacity...
                          I have a lighter sets of wheels too, miata 14" w/ azenis 30lbs/ wheel compare to the one i used at the track that weighed 39lbs/ wheel.

Comment

everyone also needs to post elevation w/ their times. elevation can make a very big difference in times. well my fastar time is a 17.7 at the track. our track here hasn't opened yet, it was supposed to open for the last two months and they are promising next month...we'll see. I wanna go run mine w/ the DOHC also. I will have to make sure I get a GOOD time on the first or second run as my clutch will slip all the way through first and second if I make more than two runs. I am still using the 1.8 SOHC tranny and clutch. but we'll see I too am curious as to what I will run w/ my biggo 17's.

Comment

My run was done at like, 700ft

Comment

I read in another post that you said that you wiegh like 300 lbs, so that right there would put your car fastar with another driver, if he knows what he is doing that is. Yeah I'm up at 4,000 or 3,000 above, cant remember right now. How much faster would that make me at sea level? Actually the only way to really tell would to be to have all of you guys meet somewhere and rhave the same driver run the cars under the same conditions to see who would be teh fastar.

Comment

Working...
                                X