Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya, the G25FM weighs in at 80lbs.

Comment

but how the hell do u advance ur timing to 16-18 deg or even 20? mine can only go to 14 max....anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
        but how the hell do u advance ur timing to 16-18 deg or even 20? mine can only go to 14 max....anyone?
        Who said it maxes out at 14? Just because there's no dial that far, doesn't mean it can't be turned further. If you made a custom distributor mount, then you could theoretically have ANY degree of advance.

If you're wondering how you know, you need an electronic timing gun. It gives you a digital readout of exact timing. Any good shop will have one, and there's no point in advancing it farther than 14 degrees if you're not on the dyno anyways.

Comment

thats y i've been asking this Q for quit sometimes but no one can answer me. I know i can modify the dissy i just thought that u have sumthing different sumthing not modified...
          And YES i don have an electronic timing light thats y i know y mine can only go to 14 max.
          I know there's no pint of advancing it w/out a dyno but like i said I just wanted to know HOW to advance it that much....

Comment

thats y i've been asking this Q for quit sometimes but no one can answer me. I know i can modify the dissy i just thought that u have sumthing different sumthing not modified...
            And YES i don have an electronic timing light thats y i know y mine can only go to 14 max.
            I know there's no pint of advancing it w/out a dyno but like i said I just wanted to know HOW to advance it that much....
            It's totally a mod I recommend if you're got the money for the premium fuel. Get an RX7 AFM and tune it on the dyno with the ignition timing, and you should leave with at least 10 more whp than you came in with..all for like, $100.

Comment

i already have the rx7 vaf sitting in my garage just need a plce that i can get it dyno tuned...cuz all we have here is just dyno no tuning.

Comment

i already have the rx7 vaf sitting in my garage just need a plce that i can get it dyno tuned...cuz all we have here is just dyno no tuning.
                Most shops that have a dyno, do dyno tuning too. You could do it yourself with an hour on the dyno too. Here's what I recommend. Put your RX7 VAF on, and get it running smoothly. Then take it off and put the stock one back on. Then fill up with premium fuel and hit the dyno. Do your ignition timing til you get best power without knocking. Chancing are, if you're knocking, then you won't be getting good power either. Once you got your gains from that, put your RX7 meter on, and do a baseline run. Try leaning it out(tightening it) and see if you get power. If not, then start loosening it(riching it out) until you're at best power.

Comment

i'd like to install my rx7 vaf but the thing is i need the adaptor in between the small box and the vaf for rx7. I can't find it anywhere..

Comment

i'd like to install my rx7 vaf but the thing is i need the adaptor in between the small box and the vaf for rx7. I can't find it anywhere..
                    You mean the airbox? You need an adaptor for a pod filter, don't bother with the airbox. You can get them at Corksport can't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                      You mean the airbox? You need an adaptor for a pod filter, don't bother with the airbox. You can get them at Corksport can't you?
                      the small black box on the intake pipe b4 the vaf...i need to connect the intake pipe (LX) to the rx7 vaf..

Comment

the small black box on the intake pipe b4 the vaf...i need to connect the intake pipe (LX) to the rx7 vaf..

I'm not sure they'll hook up. Maybe you should just get the pod filter?

Comment

Thanks

I will try this with an engine vaccum sensitive connected to a water injection kit and test it with a G-tech.

2-4 degrees advance doesn't require premium fuel. You can get away with 14 degrees on our car, rather stock 10 with 87 octane. Anything higher, you'll have to use high octane. I'm running 18 degrees advance, with 94 octane. I ran 20 degrees without knock, but didn't make as much power as with 18.

I you want to use 100 or 116, the only way to find out is try it. Put your car on the dyno, and keep increasing timing until you're at best power. My guess is that you won't see any power past 20 degrees, but you won't know until you try.
                          Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

I'm not sure they'll hook up. Maybe you should just get the pod filter?
                            hes talking about the resonator box, not the airbox

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                              hes talking about the resonator box, not the airbox
                              OH. I thought he meant the airbox since it's before the VAF and all....

You wouldn't have to wait to put in the meter though. You can do it at any time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X