No announcement yet.

Post interesting fact about your protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. This is my1st car...well was (got a 323 in the works)

2.I have probably the only AUTOMATIC BP-T powered protege anywhere..

3:This car was originally an LX...is now a GT-X (motor wise)..and after the 323 project it will become a DX.

4: The original bp motor was rebuilt 2 times and the original tranny was rebuilt onced then replaced...motor was then swapped with the BP-T and tranny has been rebuilt again..(fuken auto's!)

5......................i love my Protege.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
      Fac- Proteges have THE hardest alternators to change of any other car EVER.

oh yea
      NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

What's the big deal with the alternators??? I changed mine in half an hour.... The exhaust manifold needs to be removed on an AE92 Corolla... That's a hard alternator to change!!

By the way, I thought of 2 new interesting facts about my Pro:

-This is my first car, although I've owned 5 in total.

-I bought the car for 1500$ five years ago and have spent 20 000$ in modifications.
        Bob

www.midnitemekanix.com

Comment

My car has 286,xxx kms on factory engine.

I still run the crap out of it.

My alt is messed and the belt is missing teeth

It leaks alot of oil

I paid $1800 for it over a year ago.

I love this damn car.

Comment

Damn.... Much Love to the Pro's.... I will keep this car until I die... and if it dies, I will replace its motor and then drive it some more...

Additional Facts: My Pro' has a chipped ass front bumper... Dammit.
            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

i bought my car for $850 and it came with this and none of y'll knew about it till now...

$900 to get it fixed. Can u believe that **** ! Forget it i'll use the $$$ for sumthing else.

ooppss i think Charles and WTF knew about it since they've seen my car already.

Comment

323's handling sucks ! but the power w/ the bp is nothing compared to my nitrous powered civic.

eversince i installed the damn mid spoiler i could never find a good hatch lift to support the trunk/3rd door.

p5 handling rocks! its like driving a sports car chassis on a wagon top!

slow like mofo tho...

Comment

*My 323 is alsom my first car
                  *my first big mod was the exaust which me and my dad welded up in our driveway
                  *I only had my learners permit a month when we put the exaust on
                  *my car was undriveable for at least 2 weeks while we put the exaust on

and this is what my car did after about 10 secconds of reving withe the new exaust
                  If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
                    We need you on here more often Scott! Don't tell me that the nicest black 1st gen is no longer functional?
                    Heck no - it's actually quite functional. I just don't drive it too much now since my Volvo has taken over as my boost-junkie fix

Ok, some interesting facts:

- I didn't believe the original owner at first when he said my Pro had never been repainted. People are still amazed when they see it, especially given where I live.

- Everything works on my Pro ... everything. Of course that came at a price, and still does (see next item).

- At 177K miles, my Pro is ready for it's 4th timing belt. Also, the original exhaust pipe between the cat and the muffler finally gave up so I had it replaced last week.

- Perhaps the best fact of all: I was going to sell my Pro after buying the Volvo, but I've decided to re-tag it and hang onto it. I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of such a cool car!
                    Last edited by beachnut; 05-29-2004, 03:30 PM.
                    Scott
                    '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                    '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                    '98 Volvo V70 T5
                    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Facts:
                      - The majority of my front bumper is comprised of bondo, and it's not even a good job... flaking and has holes... was like it when I bought, but haven't been able to find a good bumper to replace it.

- My car sounds like it has an after market, highperformance muffler on it, but it's really just rusted out a ****load, and then one day I came out of school to find all the insulating material (looked like a realy really long black wig) hanging out of the hole in my muffler, so I pulled it out.

- Three of my cool lookin plastic hubcaps don't have curb scrapage woot!

- Has a custom painted red dash trim to match the exterior paint

- Had to replace the new clutch with a newer clutch after about 5000km, blue spots on the flywheel

- Would kill a man, woman, or small child should they put one more scratch on my otherwise immaculate exterior... minus all the dents and countless other scratches of course

peace
                      Driven by my soul
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Streetlights streaking through my sight
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Life is Protege
                      ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

haahah
                        NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                          i bought my car for $850 and it came with this and none of y'll knew about it till now...

$900 to get it fixed. Can u believe that **** ! Forget it i'll use the $$$ for sumthing else.

ooppss i think Charles and WTF knew about it since they've seen my car already.
                          no wonder you always take drivers side pics, lol
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Fact: Lost one of the stock hubcaps, so I replaced them all with WalMart wheel covers.
                            Fact: My tires, brakes, and stereo are all brand spankin' new.
                            Fact: I live in the South and don't have an A/C. Summer fun, huh?
                            Fact: I STILL have less than 100k miles.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

fact:nothing visable was in my car when i bought it
                              fact:i paied $320 for my car
                              fact:i leak oil and my oil level doesnt go down
                              fact:my positive batter terminal wont tighten down enough so the wire pops off the bat and my car dies in random spots...
                              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.