Originally posted by jamaican View Post
    funny enough i was looking at that car about a month ago

check www.importconcern.ca they're better

i can have a 323 gtx landed for $4500 CAD, or a gtr landed for $6000 CAD

i'm just saving up!

or i can have something like this landed for about $4000 CAD

looking at this one too.. but 185,000km it too much

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/92193324
    That import concern site in the BOMB...Man now I have a goal, I will get myself a skyline. 8k canadian is nothing, for my next birthday I want to buy a black GTR with SR20DET. lol

Comment

Hi all,i'm from malaysia..new member...i want to share with you all about BG members in my country....This is my ride...
      Attached Files

Comment

this all my friends ride with different exterior part...just to share with all..cheersss...
        Attached Files

Comment

This is original GTR familia...
          Attached Files

Comment

This is ford laser@EGT with front familia GTR bodypart and GTR engine....
            Attached Files

Comment

stupid govnmt, always have to have their nose in everything
              There's a good reason for it, though; when bumpers are at disparate heights, the person with the higher bumper is going to get a lot less damage, and the person with the lower bumper is going to get a lot more -- to reduce overall damage and distribute the damage evenly, bumpers should hit bumpers during an accident.

Also, in side-impact accidents, there is a LOT more risk for injury/death if the bumper of the car that t-bones the other is too high -- to reduce overall damage and reduce injury/death, the bumper should impact the strongest part of the side of the other car (frame rail or lowest part of the unibody.)

Finally, think about those 4x4 trucks jacked up to high heaven; now think about one of 'em hitting you head-on, and the nose of your car going underneath their bumper (and then nosediving, because a lot of those trucks also have big skidplates) -- and then their bumper coming through your windshield and hitting you full in the face.

I know it's a bit of a tangent, and I'm as much government-stay-out-of-my-business as anyone, but in this case there's a very good reason for it. The trouble (for folks like us) comes in with overzealous enforcement, either giving people a hard time over bumpers that are too *low* (even though the driver with that car is assuming the additional damage/risk) or over bumpers that are within an inch of the legal range.
              Once upon a time, I had a 1993 Protege LX with about 34,000 miles -- owned by my family since new, got it from my dad two years prior with about 18,000 (and two of the original tires) -- then I gifted it to a friend who needed a car. Now it has come back to me with 55,000 and a smoke-laden interior (plus lots of little broken things), so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Mmmmmm, having USA left hand drive cars makes it hard to import JDM.

Oz is swarming with JDM - So many imports cause japan is close and cheap. We also have a 15 year rule, but it just mean that cars older than 15 years did not have to be complianced. You can still get RX7 series 8, Evos, s15s etc. from jap land.
                1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
                GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
                320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Comment

mmmm that lazer with a familia front is SO sexy.

Comment

here my pic

it from where my brother lives in london clean setup hes got me a couple of parts when hes found them
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mazda Familia GT-X

Hi.
                      I'm from Montreal Canada and this is my Ride.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This is a 1990 Mazda Familia GT-X with a GT-R body conversion.
                      I have the GT-R engine on a Rack ready to install but I'm not shure if I'm gonna put the engine on my car or my b2200 1993.

The car was bought new in Japan only in 1996 and was driven there till this spring when a local store imported the car for me. It's a right hand drive and it has only 34000 km on it

Comment

^nice GTR & welcome "mazdaman"
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                        X