No announcement yet.

WTF!!! It's back! WTF-323 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks the the overwhelming responce guys, much appreciated!!

Originally posted by Lex View Post
    Also, how is the overboosting?
    Don't know as yet sorry mate. I'll let you know when she's got off the dyno and i actually open her up.
    Originally posted by svtfast View Post
    Yup I am doing an enbuild too but I only went .5mm overbore. Wiesco pistons baby
    I actually didn't have a choise...my engine was already 20thou over, so then the bore got scored, i had no choice but to bore it again.
    Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
    Glad you have the Cam system running! your using the NA exhaust cam in the exhaust slot right???
    Yeah mate, all sweet.
    Originally posted by benchracer01 View Post
    I am supposed to visit a buddy of my near Bondi in the spring are you near there? i have to see this thing up close.....
    I about 2.5 hours drive north or there. My unlce is in Bondi though!! hehehe
    BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

that is badass looks good with the power to back it up!!

Comment

sweet project! very clean car

Comment

looking great!!!! i wish we would have gotten the astina over here

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protégébob View Post
            i wish we would have gotten the astina over here
            X2
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

x3!!!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

not fair.
                i want money so i can spend it on my car....

/runs off to secret laboratory to try and figure out how to make money
                Next!
                sigpic

Comment

sexy time!

NEUMAN

Comment

Well guys, the result is in! As my gut feeling predicted, the engine wasn't able to beat my previous PB, but, it's not all bad. The first problem we hit was, i was unable to bring the boost on any harder than what's shown, my elec boost controller duty was maxed out, and anyone who knows elec controllers will know that this would normally cause massive boost spike because of boost coming on too quick...well not im my case. Second thing was, for some reason no matter how high the boost setting on the controller was, it wouldn't make over 18psi.

Anyway, here is the result.

Anyone who know's me, knows that I hate excuses when it comes to power figures/track times, and I say let the figures do the talking...well i can do that It appears that the turbo may be the problem, as it hasn't been sounding too healthy since being picked up from the smash repairers and having the metal ingress into the engine. So, if I could have wound the boost up to where i had it on my previous PB, it would have easily made a new record. See for yourself.

Red = current output
                    Blue = previous output before rebuild

So there's my proof that potential is there...as far as when I'll go about chasing a new figure...i don't know. As you could imagine, the car is still spastic to drive and honestly, who needs over 280HP. hehehe So at this point, i'll do a little bit of fiddling to make sure that the cause isn't something stupid that we didn't think of while it was on the dyno, and basically wait to see how sean's turbo rebuild goes with modding the GT30 internals into the GTR housings. Providing that turns out good for him, i may end up going down those lines too.

So there you have it!
                    BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Comment

Great numbers Rob! I am surprised that the turbo won't do more than 18psi ... perhaps it is the better flow of the new motor or something wrong with it.

What cam setup did you have? Did you go back to stock GTX cams?

Comment

Yes mate, went back to stock cam setup. The exintake mod wasted my time and money.

As for the turbo, i reckon there's something wrong with it. On the second graph it shows the same turbo pushing 22psi and coming on alot harder.

Comment

just to clairify rob, i posted pictures let me know if this is what you did.

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

really nice car man , very good attention to detail that and the fact that it has all that power .

Do you think those side markers would fit in a protege they are really nice
                            BHP=bull**** horsepower
                            WHP=woop-ass horsepower

Come to the DarkSide ,Whe have Cookies!

Ok, so you wanna make your lightsabers. Yeehaw. Think about this though, when you make them...how are they going to be effective weapons? They are a melee weapon, requiring close range combat right? Well, say I've got a gun and I pop a cap in your ass way outside of the reach of your lightsaber blade....fat lot of good that did ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
                              not fair.
                              i want money so i can spend it on my car....

/runs off to secret laboratory to try and figure out how to make money
                              Me too! When you figure out the way to get it, let me know. I just want 2-3k USD, that's enough.
                              Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

damnnnnn hottness

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X