Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z5 turbo finished.. some problems i need opinions on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok.. when you slowly rev it revs fine... you let go, then rev immediately after, it has to think about it... also when i'm driving and i put my foot down on the gas, it pauses like its dead or something.. then slowly kicks in.. plus when its shifting thru the gears, its studdering.. like its not getting enough juice to accelerate. I'm getting a hold of a digital camera that has streaming video and sound.. you'll be able to watch me rev it and hear how the actual action is delayed.. its not right.
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

yea i believe you

i just cant tell from a sound clip

Comment

I believe that i know what the problem is
        When u rev, the car goes on boost and the blow off valve is closed
        When u release the accelerator and blow off valve opens to release the pressure backed up between the throttle plate and the compressor. This is where the problem comes in. the next time the blow off valve closes is when it reads boost until then the valve is open. the problem is that with the valve open the engine is sucking in air that is not being measured but the air flow meter, as it is seen that u have the air flow meter mounted before the blow off valve. It is know that some type of piggy back computer that alters air flow signals to the ecu will cure this
        Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

so could the MAF be mounted in a bad spot? should it be mounted after the BOV? An exampe of an air/flow system? Just so i can start to research this.
          98 Protege SE
          -------------------
          1.5L Turbo

Comment

I beleive that it should be after the BOV so that computer can accurately sence the amount of air entering the engine. I had mine mounted after the BOV, but i wanted to try mounting it where u have it cause i beleived that it would allow for a better air flow, but i never got a chance too. However i am also not sure if pressurised air is the best thing to flow tru the AFM. Do u have any kind of piggyback ecu system. with a piggyback system when u lift throttle it gives u a loud back fire because at that point when the air is released there is excess fuel in the system
            Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

Working...
            X