Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z5 turbo finished.. some problems i need opinions on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES is a ****ty vendor. STAY AWAY.

(Don't believe me? Do a search on msprotege.com)
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Amen Moss.. he had the car 4 months.. there were many excuses not to get the car back because of the studdering, the tests he had to run.. the electrics tech guy he had to call in.. these were all reasons my car wasn't done.. he said he test ran it a couple times.. no overheating, nothing.. he knew i wanted my car back, so i think he just slapped on the final parts and drove it up the street, then said i could pick it up.. It was lousy service, and now i'm gonna have to try to find some turbo shop willing to solve my problems from someone elses work.. i know how frustrating that will be..

as for as the hp gain.. thats what kevin estimates, but he likes to think big without posting results... dyno sheets.. so until i run a dyno.. i'm not thinking anything.
      98 Protege SE
      -------------------
      1.5L Turbo

Comment

So basically Kevin is taking no responsiblity for the problems you are having. That's such a bad way to deal with a business if that's true.

Hope you can get around your problems without too much extra money.

It also suck because ES was the only company offering custom stuff for us 2nd gen's too
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

As much as it's great to have a vendor embracing the Protegé aftermarket, you don't want people like ES doing it.

Personally, I'd rather have to piece my own custom turbo kit together than have a shop selling a ****ty kit to the masses, supplying no customer service and overcharging for it.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
            As much as it's great to have a vendor embracing the Protegé aftermarket, you don't want people like ES doing it.

Personally, I'd rather have to piece my own custom turbo kit together than have a shop selling a ****ty kit to the masses, supplying no customer service and overcharging for it.
            i agree!

Comment

There's always Corksport. After the long wait, I'm getting my car dynoed tommorow. I'll post #'s ASAP.
              Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
              FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
              Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

corksport is no good... we're in ontario, canada

we DO have A-Spec
                they do decent work

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                  we DO have A-Spec
                  they do decent work
                  You ever had anything done at A-Spec?

I don't think Tim should go to A-Spec.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

i have not ever had any work done at a spec

about 2 years ago I almost had them do my BP swap for me, but i decided to hold on for a while... and now im just going to do it by myself at my house

i have seen a few examples of work they've done... and it seemed alright
                    but no, i havent had anything done myself

is there something we should know about them that you do?

Comment

They are alright, but I wouldn't recommend them to Tim being as far away as he is.

I am only 10mins from them and bought my first '93 GT from them, they are good, but you can't just go in there blind. Know your **** and don't be afraid to bitch them out and you'll be alright.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Then again, if anyone is going there for some work, I can help you out and visit for ya and keep on em. I know the guys there quite well.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

k so i changed my leaking o-ring and it seemed all good.. i watch, take the car for a drive, watch, and then shut it down.. 40mins later i climb in the car.. drive 5k, get out, take a look for good measure and its pissing all over the place again... engine was too hot to leave running, so i'll check to make sure its the same spot.. judging by the amount of liquid, its the same area.. The o-ring i changed did have a tear in it... so it was damaged... now i'm stumped..
                          98 Protege SE
                          -------------------
                          1.5L Turbo

Comment

This is where it was leaking before i changed the o ring.. now i'm assuming its leaking in the same spot but i will know more tomorrow when i can do a cold start...

98 Protege SE
                            -------------------
                            1.5L Turbo

Comment

i have sme redneck do all my stuff, lol
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I say you bring it into ES for "some more work" then when they pull it into their bay, leave it idle. Quickly exit the building and run away. Once enough fuel has leaked and the engine has warmed up, your car will explode and demolish ES. Everyone will rejoice because all of the orders ES has not fulfilled will be paid out through their insurance and you will be paid out through your insurance. That's what I call a happy ending.

Just kidding. Don't do that.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Working...
                                X