andy's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMAN
    what are the details of those projector lights? Do they use H1 bulbs? What certifications of the projector units do they have (do they have the E mark)? Just curious
    No, the use an H3 bulb...
    Originally posted by andy329
    The lights on mine emit the same type of beams and fit H3 bulbs.
    I would think that Andy will just be selling the housings to us. We will be responsable for buying the projector moduals from a company such as Hella.

Originally posted by TheMAN
    also... you guys will make a killing selling your stock headlights to the guys here stateside... your headlights should be the same as the ones used in Europe... glass and also designed to be used with right hand traffic... j-spec headlights here in the US is a BAD trend
    The 95/6 JDM headlights are NOT clear like the 97/8 ones. These new projector units ONLY fit the 95/6 Proteges so there will be no need to buy the USED ones...

And to be honest, being one of ONLY 2 people in North America with the 97/8 JDM headlights, I can tell you, the pattern on these headlights DO NOT scatter as bad as you people keep saying they do. Maybe on different modles (ie, SPORT20) they do, but, I, nor anyone who looks at my heads, can tell much of a difference. Even before I bought my JDM heads, I asked Patrick (the only other guy with the 97/8 JDM heads) if he could notice a difference and he said the same thing that I say now, "I, nor anyone who looks at my heads, can tell much of a difference."
    Please, to everyone who keeps cutting up the 97/8 JDM heads, you are doing this based on what you have read about other car's JDM headlights and then are trying to apply those theories to these heads. Please stop. Most of the opinions are based off of one or two pics of the headlights SHINNING ON A WALL. This is not driving with them. This is being still. When moving, you CAN NOT TELL the difference.
    If you want an honest opinion, no, not opinion...FACTS, on what it is like to use these headlights, PM me or Patrick ( 'Pinoy' ) and ask us. WE are the ONLY people who have the right to speak about this matter...

Sorry for the tangeant!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

TheMAN, H3 and have no mark whatsoever on them. Tried them last night and they give off a spot like beam... not scattered like flood lights.

But, as K Dawg mentioned you might be better off getting just the housings and trying other lights on your own.

Jonas and Ohmme here have the crystalized JDM's like K Dawg's and the tolerance on their giving off more light towards the left is practically nil. We never got the crystalized lenses here.

Hey K Dawg, I had a feeling Patrick was a Pinoy... I like what he has done to his car... pretty good styling too... give my regards and tell him to log on to our board... I'm sure the other guys here would love to hear from him.
      Protege Tech Philippines

Comment

Seriously...The beam pattern is still set for right hand drive cars on the headlights from Japan...

Why don't people understand that??
        "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
        2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by StuttersC
          Seriously...The beam pattern is still set for right hand drive cars on the headlights from Japan...

Thats true, but, on a scale of one to 10 with 10 being absoulutely annoying, the 97/8 heads rate at about a 0.00005!

The difference between the 97/8 JDM heads and the 97/8 USDM heads is like comparing CANADIAN english to AMERICAN english...only different if you go out of your way to look for the differences...

Plus, I can see 100 times better with the JDM heads!

There is probably MORE cars with improperly AIMED headlights that are even MORE annoying on the streets...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

You guys inspired me to do this.
            They are from an BMW M3
            -tony

Comment

damn that is hot as hell. Man im going to need to dish out money to get some new headlights lol
              Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

BTW thats photoshop- sorry didnt mean to front
                -tony

Comment

Originally posted by 98zoomzoom
                  BTW thats photoshop- sorry didnt mean to front
                  haha, I was just about to tell you I want to see it from anothe angle
                  Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by StuttersC

it's not that we don't understand.. we just don't care...
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

We get a lot of junked JDM parts here, headlights included and we're a left hand drive country. IMHO, headlights with ridges on their lenses (non-crystalized) throw more light to the directions where they where designed for. Therefore, making it hard to compensate for the wrong throw even by adjusting the beam as opposed to crystalized lenses that have no ridges on them. It's actually the reflector that does that job however, when adjusted you could say they are tolerable... I hope eveyone understands this.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You live in a free country, don't you? Let's just respect each others opinions, likes, wants, desires. I built my car that way because that's how I wanted it to come out as not because someone dictated me to do it. If Tom doesn't like it, that doesn't mean Harry shouldn't like it either.

Enough said and I hope we all learn to respect each others opinions not only on this thread but on other threads and forums as well.

Peace.

.... who doesn't like my car?!!!
                      Protege Tech Philippines

Comment

i like the car.. sweet job.. what i'm really interested in is the fender flares..

make your own? or are they acutal parts?
                        98 Protege SE
                        -------------------
                        1.5L Turbo

Comment

98zoomzoom, i like your tails in your banner, makes the back look kinda like a Sentra SE-R
                          98 Protege SE
                          -------------------
                          1.5L Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
                            98zoomzoom, i like your tails in your banner, makes the back look kinda like a Sentra SE-R
                            thanks...its like a breath of fresh air everytime I see it. i was really getting tired of the rear reflector.
                            -tony
                            -tony

Comment

Off topics, but...
                              If anyone is interested, i have a used set of 97/8 JDM headlights for sale for $150 USD plus shipping...email me at mzdaspd@sympatico.ca

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
                                i like the car.. sweet job.. what i'm really interested in is the fender flares..

make your own? or are they acutal parts?
                                Thanks for your appreciation Clappy!
                                They are custom made just like the projectors, clear bumper lenses, hood, trunk and body kit. There is no mold for the kit on my car except for the projectors. Unless a lot of people order it, we won't be making a mold. The actual flares were designed for the current Civics and had to be adjusted a great deal to fit the Familia. It is a one off thing.
                                Protege Tech Philippines

Comment

Working...
                                X