No announcement yet.

spoiler / wing opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Intruder, and I thought I was good with Photoshop lol. Really freakin nice man. Now I wonder how it'll look with the Erebuni Kit and 17 in. Wheels. I guess I got a project to photoshop the kit and all on that car. After I get my car running and situated, I am going to change the interior and if I have money to start the group buy, I will join in. I got to get the grey dash and all ichibahn interior. Seats are still a mystery for me. I might just go with the grey protege seats if I don't go with Corbeau at the time.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

just one ? what photoshop you runnin?
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Def. not a fan of those type of wings. IMO most wings should match the color of the car. As an exception I think beetle's ducktail looks ok in black.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by Prototender
          just one ? what photoshop you runnin?
          Just one what? I'm not sure if you're asking me but I have Photoshop CS.

Comment

I hate those ironing board style wings. Even on Hondas they look stupid. They're basically worthless on a front wheel drive car, and to create enough downforce to even be useful on a rear wheel drive car you would have to get rid of your governor chip to reach the speeds which it would be beneficial. But of course if you're making it riced out on purpose, that's the piece of **** that'll do it.

I'm sorry that's just what I think. On the other hand those stock-like wings look a lot cleaner.

Comment

just one ?(question). and thank you for answering. as the wings i'm pretty sure everyone is now just mirroring most of the opinions already posted.
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawd
                I hate those ironing board style wings. Even on Hondas they look stupid. They're basically worthless on a front wheel drive car, and to create enough downforce to even be useful on a rear wheel drive car you would have to get rid of your governor chip to reach the speeds which it would be beneficial. But of course if you're making it riced out on purpose, that's the piece of **** that'll do it.

I'm sorry that's just what I think. On the other hand those stock-like wings look a lot cleaner.
                we don't have governors. and the stock wing is worthless, too. so what's this big deal? in the end its a personal taste thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototender
                  just one ?(question). and thank you for answering.
                  Oh, lol. I get it. Yeah, no prob.

Comment

I said on a REAR WHEEL DRIVE CAR you would have to get rid of the governor, and the stock wings LOOK cleaner.

Plus if those ironing board wings don't work, don't you think it would be pretty safe to assume the stock-like ones don't either?

I know it's a matter of taste, that's why I apologized for my feelings going against his likes. It doesn't matter to me if you bolt on 2x4's and ply-wood, and paint it pink with purple stripes. If that's what you want to do, then I support you. I was just giving my oppinion.

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, I just wanted to clear that up.

Comment

so wait a minute...did intruder suddenly pimpify his car? or is that sigpic a chopjop
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                        so wait a minute...did intruder suddenly pimpify his car? or is that sigpic a chopjop
                        It's a pimp chopjop.

Comment

see, i think it looks better with the door handles and black door mouldings

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                          Mods:
                          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

I wanna do somethin with mine cause its my new car an i know its slow 96 LX 1.5 (Sigh) an dont know if i should add a wing or not. Cause this thin will not be fast.
                            Last edited by S†G; 07-09-2005, 08:31 AM.
                            S†G
                            96 Mazda Protege LX

*Kenwood Excelon KDC-X789 Model
                            *Custom Neon Blue Dome Lights
                            *Neon Blue Under Seat Neon Lights
                            *Super White Xexon Headlights

Future
                            *90-97 Mazda Maita

Comment

chop, unfortunately.

Comment

stg, yea it won't be fast, but you can change all the exhaust and everything and at least it'll help your gas mileage a little... hahahaaa

when I came to the realization that no matter what I do won't make it super super fast, i figured that I might as well rice it out...if it's not fast, at least it'll look fast to stupid people haha i'm throwing the big ass airplane wing on mine wed (if it gets here in time and I have all the hardware to do it)

the wing does have benefits tho... you can drive off of a cliff and glide your way down... LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X