Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow gauges installation and dashboard removal :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I tried but still have no idea how you did it. OK, that's possible to slide it in, but there's a black thing on the other side of the pointer that sticking out, and there's no way to get it in if you're not a David Coperfild I guess it would'nt move if there gonna be any damage to motor.
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

Comment

does ur car rev with the tach...lets say u hit it in park nuetral w/e and does the car rev slowly or does it read it slwly???...if ur car wuz actually at 5000 rpm would it say like 3000 ???

Comment

They eventually go on. Look at my pic (but ignore the vertical cuts...that was a previous attempt to install them)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

It actually read it slowly, If the real rpm around 5 already it will take pointer some time to get there, not even a second , but still a bit slover. It doesn't bother me, but just curious why it can be like that ? I took needle out again and I didn't see anything wrong with it.
          98 protege LX for appearance
          89 626 GT for performance

Comment

is it a slef installed tach like mines or is it stock? maybe ur wire is loose that hapened to me bfo

Comment

Originally posted by russian
              It actually read it slowly, If the real rpm around 5 already it will take pointer some time to get there, not even a second , but still a bit slover. It doesn't bother me, but just curious why it can be like that ? I took needle out again and I didn't see anything wrong with it.
              I dont know why but mine does that now too!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

can someone tell me where I can get the glow gauge set for a 98 protege without the tach?

I seen them around,.,,,, can anyone suggest where i can get a set?

Comment

holy cow this thread died 4 years ago
                  | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

lol i am new to this... I got the same car you got. I really thank you for gettin to that guy

Comment

Originally posted by geo_allino@yaho View Post
                      lol i am new to this... I got the same car you got. I really thank you for gettin to that guy

most of us in this section here got 2nd gens tooo..

POST up some pics of your ridee
                      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

i believe that its on a link in one of the other threads-oh yea search is your friend-i'll see if i can find it... well i see that tricksta already helped you out-my bad; welcome to the forums!
                        Last edited by nativebackup1; 11-30-2008, 10:43 PM.
                        Originally posted by Kitty
                        3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
                        Originally posted by almighty4wd
                        .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

yea. I am gonna take some pictures of my car pretty soon. I still got some body work to do.

Do you have any instrument cluster stuff?

Comment

Working...
                          X