No announcement yet.

Essential Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no.. i have a pic of it.. its done.. just need to run a final test or 2.. i'm still using the stock fuel pump so that might be a problem.. but as far as the kit goes.. its done..
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

Post pics.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

the bay is dirty.. can't wait to clean everything.. the valve cover has been powdercoated and the piping is ceramic coated.. both yellow.. gotta get the blue wire kit and grounding kit.. all happening over winter.. but you'll see the general setup of the turbo for the 1.5L.

when i get the car back in my possession i'll take better shots.. close ups of the turbo, how its attached.. crap like that.. for now this is what i have from Essential..

98 Protege SE
        -------------------
        1.5L Turbo

Comment

looks pretty good from what i see, tight fit, lol what turbo are you running, and what psi are you figuring for daily use?
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

my quote says its a TEO4H turbo. its running at 5psi right now without an intercooler. he's run it up and down the street a couple times at 5 and it works well he said, but needs a thorough lengthy test.. i'll prolly run around 3 for daily use..
            98 Protege SE
            -------------------
            1.5L Turbo

Comment

thats good stuff, get rid of those cheap ass hose clamps as well, get some t-bolt

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yeah.. there's a lot of stuff i gotta do to this engine bay.. new sparkplug wires, new plugs.. Lots to keep me busy over the fall..
                98 Protege SE
                -------------------
                1.5L Turbo

Comment

Nice nice!
                  My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                  - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

so are you officially the first boosted 1.5 litre???

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i'm officially the first Essential boosted 1.5L.. i'm not sure if anyone else has done a 1.5 yet.... I'll claim it for now till someone else says otherwise
                      98 Protege SE
                      -------------------
                      1.5L Turbo

Comment

Post Dyno result when you get them. Will you be putting an intercooler in it????

Comment

my plan was to get a stage1.. dyno it and stuff.. then over the winter/spring. upgrade to stage2 (intercooled) dyno it.... see the gains..
                          98 Protege SE
                          -------------------
                          1.5L Turbo

Comment

I dont know if Clappy knows this or not, but, its intercooled now....lol

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

are you sure?? kevin said it was done, but never mentioned an intercooler... !!!!!!! sweet if its right...........
                              98 Protege SE
                              -------------------
                              1.5L Turbo

Comment

Im sure. Its fitted right to the bottom of your front rebar.
                                BTW Tim, give me a shout today if you can, 519-859-2739

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
                                X